• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mega-Evolution without Mega Stones!!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    That's true. However, it still amounts to essentially the same thing: a Pokémon that's too broken for its own good, and is used by anyone that wants to win easily. Someone suggested the Green Orb as a hold item for it, and I think that's a good solution. I also kind of want to see the Omega/Alpha stones be renamed the Red/Blue Orb, just for consistency's sake.

The difference was Mewtwo was strong back then due to a lack of weaknesses and good stats for Psychic-types, but Mega Rayquaza is a different story. I could definitely see Mega Rayquaza being nerfed by having an item created that it needs to hold to use the Mega.

I don't think they'll end up making Rayquaza any less powerful. They were aware of the consequences when they programmed it (clearly would have storyboarded possible scenarios). With that said, Rayquaza is the number one example why they should try to avoid this.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2017
    The idea is amazing, but I don't think it would work game wise.
    The mega stone uses up the item slot on your pokemon, in return being able to mega evolve. Being able to hold another item would maybe be too strong.
    Like said earlier tho, I think needing to have a bond with your pokemon should be a requirement.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Would be fantastic, please let me use overpowered crap, PLEASE!!!

Would be a REAL game changer, completely shuffle the tiers... DO IT, GF!!!

Not to mention it would be a lot of fun to use, too.

Who cares about Rayquaza being broken anyway. It's supposed to be. It's a freakin' Uber. I'm not expecting balance among Ubers.

EpicMewtwo

Trainer
    Years
  • I don't know if it's been said yet, but the only Pokemon to date that we've had that can Mega Evolve without a stone is Rayquaza. But I guess that doesn't count since you know... he ate it, and that's why he can Mega Evo without holding it.

Back