• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game Journal] Mega gives thoughts on Gaming News & Games Currently Playing

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
  • https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1658835224464183299

ONE HOUR?! BRUH

In all seriousness though... I'm just going to assume it'll be an hour of stuff I don't care about. But obviously... you never know. I'm trying to keep my expectations low... but that's easier said than done anymore lol

There are rumors of Konami stuff, MGS3 Remake, new Mortal Kombat (potentially a reboot), Spider-Man 2, Final Fantasy XVI (even though I honestly don't want to see it anymore as I'm already sold on it) and so on

As far as what I'm hoping to see... (difference between expectations and predictions)

Stellar Blade (it's intrigued me)
    Armored Core 6 (see above)
    Final Fantasy VII Rebirth (release date maybe?)
    Persona 3 Remake and/or Persona 6 (release date for former; latter unlikely but I'd SCREAM)
    Kingdom Hearts IV (first world revealed to be Star Wars so my prediction can be right; extremely unlikely)
    Final Fantasy IX Remake (lolyeahright)
    Reveal of the next Digimon Story (lolyeahright. Never going to happen)

Let's just assume none of those things will happen... lol 😭

I want PlayStation to blow me away... but I doubt they actually will. You bet your ass I'm still watching though lol

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • After how that PlayStation Showcase went... I have no hope for Summer Game Fest. I just don't. Sorry. That's just how I feel.

At the end of the day... there's always going to be possibilities of them finally talking about something I care about. But it's just better, and safer, to assume they won't. I'll have it on in the background for the full two hours and they won't talk about a damn thing I care about.

And people think E3 being dead is just so great. Yeah. How's that working out so far? 🙄 SGF is no replacement. It's not. Sorry but it's just not. But whatever I guess. It is what it is at the end of the day.

Anyway... someone is claiming they've 'seen' FF9 Remake and it's 'at least two years out'

Should I believe this? Should you? You already know the answer to that.

Still though... if it's actually revealed at some point... I'm not sure how I'll react... lol 😵

See you next week. I may or may not give my thoughts on SGF. If I feel like it. Or not. idk

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Am I biased? Sure. I am. Everyone is to an extent.

But I'm sorry. I really am. The Final Fantasy XVI Demo is a legit 10/10 experience. For me at least. This could truly and potentially be the BEST FINAL FANTASY GAME EVER CREATED. Don't get me wrong. Seriously don't. FF7 Remake is great too. But this entire experience was just TOO GOD DAMN GOOD.

Go play it for yourself. Seriously. If you can. I did do a stream of it though if you would prefer that. I've had to work on it multiple days at this point due to being caught in the moment and being a moron and forgetting to unmute my mic. But I recorded post-commentary for it. You'll have to deal with my throat clearing though. I've been sick for a couple of days now.

It'll be on my YouTube channel. I'll just edit this post once it's finally up.

EDIT: After a multi-day, unbelievably frustrating and annoying, and stupidly and unnecessarily hard situation that really shouldn't have been as hard as it should have been... it's finally up on my YouTube channel

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • This probably doesn't belong here. I don't care. It's my thread.

So... it turns out that all 67 episodes of Digimon Adventure 2020 were put up (english dubbed). So I'll be binging it. If you want to call it that I guess. 5 episodes a week. Maybe more if I can manage it.

I'll STFU about this now. Since this is clearly what people wanted anyway.

But guess what?

This changes nothing in terms of the games. It's practically dead at this point. Again.

Thanks a lot you f-ing SAO simping Bamco

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • This is my thread so I'll do whatever the hell I want in it.

IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING. I'M GOING TO ACTUALLY PLAY THE VIDEO GAME THAT I LEGITIMATELY THOUGHT WAS NOTHING BUT A PIPE DREAM.

TWEWY2

Neo: TWEWY

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I can't be unbiased with this game. Sorry. I can't. Even I have my biases. Could you? If a game actually was revealed and came out that you legitimately thought was nothing but pipe dream? Ask yourself that and give an honest answer. I'm pretty sure that answer is 'No'

So now you get to see me act like a fangirl for the next month or so. So for those who don't like some of the things I say on the Discord... just say 'Go play TWEWY2 Mega you'll feel better' and I will 😐

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Am I thrilled at the announcement of FF16 DLC? No. Not really.

But look... at the end of the day... by the time I actually play FF16... the more content I have for it... the better. Everything will hopefully be out for it by the time I personally get around to actually playing it lol

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Well... I finally finished Digimon Adventure 2020 this past Thursday.

Nobody likes really long posts. So here's a TL;DR version of my full thoughts. Is this anime perfect? No. It's not. Because nothing is. Could it have been better? Yes. Of course it could have been. You could say that for a lot of animes. However... at the end of the day... this anime was not as bad as everyone 'cried' about it being.

If you want true full thoughts... I can give them... but I'm warning you... it's A LOT.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNVL-ygqw3w

Yeah... this is the BEST Rebirth trailer thus far no questions asked.

Cait Sith, Vincent, Golden Saucer, mini-games, etc.

Apparently Vincent might not be playable, which is unfortunate obviously but it was also kind of inevitable that we get another 'Red XIII' character from Remake. Looks like this time there might be two. Cid and Vincent. Oh well. I guess. It is what it is.

Regardless... this is easily 2024 GOTY lol

All kidding aside... or am i this is already looking far better than Remake and apparently it has 100 hours of gameplay content (obviously includes sidequests and mini-games)

I can't wait to get distracted by the Golden Saucer again 😆

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • In case you haven't seen my most recent post in the 'currently playing' thread... I finally finished TWEWY2 (Neo: The World Ends With You) recently. I'm sorry it took me so long to do so. Although... I'm really not. Because the simple fact of the matter is... the game was something that I thought would never happen. In other words... it was a pipe dream that became reality. Of course I was going to have it last as long as possible.

TL;DR... is the game perfect? No. Of course it's not. No game it is. I don't care what it is. It has pacing issues thanks to the 'dumb Splatoon parts' (Scramble Slams) but the final week slightly made up for it with how good it was (not completely though IMO). I'm just glad I got to play something that I legitimately thought would be nothing but a pipe dream.

So I don't need TWEWY3. I really don't. Would I like one? Of course I would. Absolutely. But the marketing for TWEWY2 was shit and it wasn't a success so it's just not going to happen... and that's fine. I'm satisfied with TWEWY2. So I don't really need a TWEWY3.

Here's some other pipe dreams (video games) I have if anyone is curious. In order of likelihood:

1. Final Fantasy X-3
    2. Klonoa 3 (if I get this... I can die happy)
    3. New .hack game. However... I'm willing to accept an IMOQ Remake (remake is preferred to an HD Remaster)

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I've been... holding something in... since... the beginning of this year. Since March. So... I let loose last night.

What resulted... was a recording of what was probably my best/worst shoot/rant I've ever done. Because... bull shit needs to be called out as bull shit. The truth (as I personally see it) needs to be spoken and stated regardless of if you want to hear it or not or like it or not. Most importantly... it's therapeutic for me I'm sorry. You really have no idea how much better it made me feel. You really don't.

Will it get uploaded? Who knows honestly. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to upload it. But I'm like... 90% sure I shouldn't.

(.hack BULL SHIT news coming out for it and about it this whole year and it's copium fanbase who needs to accept reality and wake up)

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • For anyone that cares... (yes I'm aware it's likely nobody) I plan on beginning my end of the year content/videos like I did last year on my YouTube. Starting with a review of the Bold Predictions I made for 2023 which will be up today. If you want longer versions... go watch/listen to those.

However... I'll be posting TL;DR versions of my personal AOTY (Anime of the Year) and my personal GOTY (Game of the Year) in this thread for those who don't want to watch/listen to potentially 30+ minute videos

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Here are text versions and TL;DR versions of my end of the year... stuff/lists. If you want longer versions... there are video versions on my YouTube channel.

Mega's Personal Anime of the Year 2023 (I go by what I watched in the year)

Special Awards:

FLCL Grunge wins WORST Anime of the Year
    Sacrificial Princess and the King of Beasts wins Gem/Surprise of the Year
    Rurouni Kenshin 2023 wins Best Ongoing Anime

Top 3/4:

Overall Special Mention: Reborn As A Vending Machine, I Now Wander The Dungeon S1
    #3: Nier Automata Ver. 1.1a
    Anime of the Year Runner-Up (#2): Bleach Thousand Year Blood War Part 2
    Anime of the Year 2023 (#1): My Hero Academia S6

Just my own personal list though. Feel free to create your own!! Obviously lol

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Like before... here are TL;DR versions. Longer versions are on my YouTube channel if you want them.

Mega's Personal Game of the Year 2023 (I go by what I played in the year)

Special Awards:

Balan Wonderworld wins WORST Game of the Year
    Sackboy: A Big Adventure wins Gem/Surprise of the Year
    Astro Bot wins Mascot of the Year
    Neo: The World Ends With You wins Soundtrack of the Year

Top 3/4:

Overall Special Mention: Tales of Xillia (PS3)
    #3: Sackboy: A Big Adventure (PS5)
    Game of the Year Runner-Up (#2): Neo: The World Ends With You (PS4)
    Game of the Year 2023 (#1): Nier Replicant (PS4)

Next week I'll be posting my Most Anticipated for 2024 and my Bold Predictions for 2024. I might just do it in one post.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Here are TL;DR versions of my Most Anticipated for 2024 and my Bold Predictions for 2024. As always... longer versions are available on my YouTube channel for those who want that.

Mega's Most Anticipated for 2024

Most Anticipated Anime: Shaman King Flowers
    Most Anticipated Game: Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth (PS5)
    Most Anticipated Game (That I'll Actually Play): Pokemon Legends Arceus (Switch)

Mega's Bold Predictions for 2024

1. The next Nintendo console will come out. Switch 2 or whatever it ends up being called.
    2. The 2024 Pokemon game will be a Johto game of some kind.
    3. Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth will get DLC
    4. PlayStation will respond to the Microsoft/ABK acquisition with an acquisition of their own.

See you in 2024

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • I played the Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth demo twice lol. Once on Easy (full VOD of my stream now available on my YouTube if anyone wishes to watch lol) and again on Normal. I beat it on both. It's weird how I always seem to do better when I'm playing not while streaming than when I am lol. Oh well.

Game is fantastic. Graphics are BEAUTIFUL and game is fun as well. With how much you can do in the game... it's clearly going to be ANOTHER 100+ hour game for me lol

This might be Square and Final Fantasy's best chance at GOTY. But only time will tell obviously. Play it for yourself if you wish (which you absolutely should) just be forewarned that the demo is 48GB (not joking). It took me over two and half hours to get it fully downloaded (also not joking) but maybe I just have crap internet? idk.

Days
    • Seen Mar 7, 2024
    Absolutely sublime. FF7 remains for me the best game of all time, at least on PS1 at the time.
    I wonder if there will be a PS5/Rebirth pack when it comes out…
    In any case, this is the game I'm most looking forward to. (I pre-ordered the collector's edition.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • With FF7 Rebirth now out (and the fact that my backlog is extremely bad and it'll likely take me around 2 years to actually get around to playing it myself. Yes my backlog is that bad) there's really nothing else for me to look forward to this year. Unless more stuff is announced. Which is inevitable but it depends on if I'm interested or intrigued by it. I am intrigued by Stellar Blade but I would prefer a demo for it to determine if it's a game for me or not. Same thing applies to Metaphor. So unless something like FF9 Remake or Persona 6 gets announced (which likely wouldn't come out this year anyway) there's nothing else for me to really look forward to. So I guess I suck it up and just focus on my backlog. Which I guess I should be happy about but I just like to have things to look forward to I guess.

Other than that... there's been a lot, AND I MEAN A LOT, of f-ing BS going on the last several weeks. Apparently I'm not allowed to give opinions on things anymore so I won't discuss them. But just to give a very brief example... most people are being a doom and gloomer about the video game industry with all of these layoffs and have been screaming 'NEXT VIDEO GAME CRASH.' Look this is extremely bad and scummy and ridiculous. That part I agree on. But this BS of NEXT VIDEO GAME CRASH is utterly ridiculous. There's literally no evidence to suggest or point towards this and any evidence has been taken out of their ass or is from click baiting YouTubers whose source is literally 'trust me bro'. Pump the brakes for f's sake. But whatever.

But like I said I'm not allowed to have and state my opinions anymore. Clearly.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Due to recent Square Enix news... I would like to give a proper burial to The World Ends With You franchise. It will likely be a casualty due to this news. It's not all on the franchise itself but regardless it will be a casualty regardless.

It's extremely likely TWEWY is now dead and buried for good. Other possible franchises that might be dead and buried for good are things like Valkyrie (meh but I know there are fans of this franchise so I'm so sorry to those fans) and maybe even Star Ocean (I just started buying these games ffs). Definitely spinoff games though. So no Stranger of Paradise 2 (good) and no World of Final Fantasy 2 (god dammit 😭*secretly adds it to my pipe dream list*)

They'll focus on mainline now more than likely. So FF7 Remake Part 3, FF17, Nier 3 (hopefully), FF9 Remake, etc.

But TWEWY is dead and buried for good. Now, like I said in my full thoughts video, I don't need TWEWY3. I happy I even got TWEWY2. It was something that I legitimately thought was nothing but a pipe dream... and then it became reality. However... TWEWY is/was a franchise I legitimately loved and it's ridiculous this has happened to it. But anger will get me nowhere. It is what it is at the end of the day unfortunately.

Rest in Peace The World Ends With You franchise. I'll fucking miss you. I really will.

Mega gives thoughts on Gaming News & Games Currently Playing

Back