• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mega Lunatone & Solrock?

Years
    I have a stronggggg feeling they will mega evolve both these pokemon in Sun and Moon. Depending on which version you get you will have access to one of the two. What do you guys think? And what other mega evolutions do you expect to see in the upcoming releases?

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2016
    I know that I'm sort of necroing this thread ...

I haven't done a lot of research in to SuMo (That's what I'm doing now) ... but it seems like everyone and their mom is talking about Lunatone and Solrock. Am I the only one on the other end of the thought bubble, focusing on Espeon and Umbreon as mascots? Unless there's been some image or something that shows Luna/Sol that I haven't seen.

Anyways, Mega Eeveelutions would be epic.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    My friend said it best, "it's not confirmed, but it's pretty much confirmed."

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    i am hoping for a evolution to them. Too many megas these days. And i miss evolutions to older pokemons. Sort of what happend in gen 4.
    Same. Usually the even gens are the evolution heavy ones, but Gen VI changed that, unless if you count Mega Evolutions... if so perhaps this Gen will have few Megas and little to no cross-gen evolutions...I hope they instead make up for what Gen VI missed.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I'm batting on the "I hope they evolve" team. I don't have a lot of love for the Mega Evolution concept. I would rather have more Pokemon evolve before completely destroying all of their potential by stating they are at the highest evolutionary point they can attain. I don't think that Solrock and Lunatone are popular enough to get Megas, outside of the obligatory "You HAVE to do it because of the name sequence" we seem to have going on.

If they get any form of attention, either new forms for both, or evolutions for both THEN Mega Evolutions for those new evolutions.

I'd love to see both with Eclipse Form changes. Evolutions can play on the eclipse theme or even continue with the general Sun look and Moon look. I'd just prefer these before we'd get Megas of them.

Years
    I'm batting on the "I hope they evolve" team. I don't have a lot of love for the Mega Evolution concept. I would rather have more Pokemon evolve before completely destroying all of their potential by stating they are at the highest evolutionary point they can attain. I don't think that Solrock and Lunatone are popular enough to get Megas, outside of the obligatory "You HAVE to do it because of the name sequence" we seem to have going on.

If they get any form of attention, either new forms for both, or evolutions for both THEN Mega Evolutions for those new evolutions.

I'd love to see both with Eclipse Form changes. Evolutions can play on the eclipse theme or even continue with the general Sun look and Moon look. I'd just prefer these before we'd get Megas of them.

Maybe Solrock will become black based on the 'Black Sun' concept in ancient religions such as the Aztec religion. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sun_(mythology)
    Could also be a concept for the legendary, ironically it deals with womb (life) and tomb (death), which we saw in XY...

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
    I loved what Gen IV did with all the evolutions to existing Pokemon and I'm hoping for more of the same. Apart from Sylveon, the last evolution of an existing Pokemon in National Dex order is Froslass. There were none in Gen V and just that pink Eevee in Gen VI.

Years
    I feel like Megas for Lunatone and Solrock is something I don't see happening but everyone else still thinks they'll be a thing.

MirraJade

Kimono Girl
    Years
    Mega Eeveelutions would be epic.
    That would be epic but I would only want that if all the Eeveelutions get one I don't like the idea of the others falling into the background because they aren't as special

When my brother and I watched the direct the first thing he said was mega Solrock and Lunatone so I would be surprised if they don't get one.

Years
    That would be epic but I would only want that if all the Eeveelutions get one I don't like the idea of the others falling into the background because they aren't as special

When my brother and I watched the direct the first thing he said was mega Solrock and Lunatone so I would be surprised if they don't get one.
    Interestingly in the spin off, Pokemon shuffle, Espeon, Umbreon, and Sylveon all got the ability to eat lollypops that allow their level to go beyond the old max of 10. The only other eeveelution was actually eevee itself. I wonder if it's hinting at the Sun and Moon related eeveelutions getting favoritism in the upcoming games.

MirraJade

Kimono Girl
    Years
    Interestingly in the spin off, Pokemon shuffle, Espeon, Umbreon, and Sylveon all got the ability to eat lollypops that allow their level to go beyond the old max of 10. The only other eeveelution was actually eevee itself. I wonder if it's hinting at the Sun and Moon related eeveelutions getting favoritism in the upcoming games.
    That is an interesting point you never really know what they are going to do, we still don't have the megas of all the starters yet if they are going to pick favourites Espeon and Umbreon do match the theme, but if they do add a new eeveelution only making those two mega evolve will be a bit odd so i'm not counting on it but it will be nice to see those two have a bigger purpose in the upcoming games

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2017
    I feel it's more likely that Solrock and Lunatone will be Pokemon used by the villains of the game. Solrock was already the Mascot for Lucy Fleetfoot in Trozei, and Espeopn and Umbreon were already the mascots for Colosseum. They'll probably just make new Legendaries based on the Sun and Moon, and they will be the mascots.

As for Mega Evolutions, I don't see why they wouldn't do it for Solrock and Lunatone. Popularity means nothing for megas since Beedrill got one, (which I'm still happy about) so if they want to give Solrock a Mega form that's Fire/Rock, I'm okay with that.

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
    Possibility, but it's not going to be some key component to the game if they are given Megas... people are completely stuck on the thought that since these games are Sun/Moon they will focused on Sun/Moon rocks that were introduced 4 generations prior. More than likely Lunatone/Solrock will be used by the enemy teams/organizations... probably nothing past that.

Back