• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Meowth; Good or Evil? 1 Week to Vote Until April 23 2009!

I _____ Meowth.

Votes: 32 86.5%
  • Dislike

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters
    Years
    Meowth; Friend or Foe? 1 Week to Vote Until April 23 2009!

Before I tell you guys about this poll, I just want to thank all of you for voting on my Pikachu, Hug or Kill Poll. I'm glad I made such a great poll.

Now, onto business.

I'm sure if you like Pokemon, you've at least HEARD of T.R, or in others words, TEAM ROCKET! You know, that team with the most pathetic motto ever, no matter how much they change it. Not to mention their main evil schemes are digging holes and talking Ash and his Pikachu. That mostly stalk him in a huge Meowth hot air balloon. And guess why the balloon? Because one of their members is a Talking Meowth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crazy huh? Well, this Meowth learned to talk when it wanted another Meowth called Meowzy to love him as much as he loved her. Long story short, she ditched him for a big, fat, lazy Persian. And ever since, Meowth has despised Persians and has NEVER evolved, just like Pikachu. :P

But this cat Pokemon isn't all cute and friendly. Meowth comes up with most of T.R's schemes, especially in Sinnoh, where he practically NARRATES it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, what do you think? Is he good or bad?

My opinion? he's good, just being mislead by the wrong sort of people.

But what do you think?

Likers (1)
    Dislikers (0)

To count in this poll, you MUST submit your vote in the poll, not in a reply. I don't have the time or patience to read EVERY post. But I'll read your comments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
    Neither: he's loyal.

Episode 17, "Attack of the Giant Pokemon!"

Ekans and Koffing explain to Pikachu that they aren't evil, just loyal. Both of them were rescued by their respective trainers and were raised by them; therefore they trust their trainers completely and will do anything they ask.

Meowth joined Team Rocket out of desperation, and when he had nothing left, they took him in and took care of him. To thank them for their "kindness", he helps them accomplish their goals. If they want to catch Pikachu, you can be damn sure that he will help in any way he can.

Remember, Meowth is still a Pokemon, even if he forgets sometimes.

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
    Years
    Shouldn't "Good" and "Bad" be the options or something somewhere? :P

Either way, I like Meowth. I really think he's good at heart. If he ever quit Team Rocket, I think he would be probably turn good. I don't know... I also think the same for James.

Last edited:

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Shouldn't the title of the thread either be 'Do you like or dislike Meowth' or the poll should be called 'Meowth is...' and the options be Good or Evil? :\

Anyway, to answer the title, since he seems to be quite an emotional character *points at Meowy episode* I personally just think he is mislead, and in his heart he is good but hanging out with the wrong crowd. :\
    Also, I like Mewoth. :D

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    Heh, I'm the only one so far who said I don't like him. I mean, I wouldn't kill him or anything, he's just not one of my favorite characters. :/

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I like Meowth he makes the show funny, he actually makes TR funny cause sometimes James and Jesse get a little boring if you don't hear Meowth with em! ':D

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I voted :) and I like meowth...in a way he teaches valuable morals at times...

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yeah I do not think we'll ever see meowzy again...neither will meowth...but I still like meowth...or I still think he is good anyway :)

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Why the random threads?

Anyway, I can't say I like Meowth nor can I say I hate it. I'm indifferent towards it and that's not an option on your poll.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2009
    Uhm... TOO easy a question, on both counts! ^^

I don't just like him, he's pretty much the SOLE reason I stayed with Pokemon to begin with! First it was mainly cause he's a cat-type, & overtime I just kept finding more reasons to keep him my # 1 here. ^-^

Second question- I don't think he's evil, just had a rough start (points to exact ep you mentioned), & I guess Team Rocket was the first thing that came to mind when he decided his new dream was to be rich & powerful, either that or its the first thing that looked to him like it could help achieve his dream. So I figure if he quit TR & went with a normal trainer, on his own or something, he'd probably turn good all the way. Point blank- Like others posted, he's just loyal like other Pokemon are to their trainers & friends. :)

Back