• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Merry Christmas!

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
  • Guys you're welcome, I'm glad I could do something useful for you. For anyone that can't open the word document, you can download the HTML version here.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    I hope you appreciate the sweat and blood I put into figuring this out! Took me at least 2 days to perfect the wild Pokemon animation. Then it took ages for Luka to figure out how to apply it to trainers lol. You can't imagine how much I wanted to kill myself when he figured it out. Two lines of code. Two I telll you. Anyway, Merry Christmas, and Enjoy!

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • I hope you appreciate the sweat and blood I put into figuring this out! Took me at least 2 days to perfect the wild Pokemon animation. Then it took ages for Luka to figure out how to apply it to trainers lol. You can't imagine how much I wanted to kill myself when he figured it out. Two lines of code. Two I telll you. Anyway, Merry Christmas, and Enjoy!

Now, now Alex...you are overdramatizing it. And it was more than two lines of code, and let the people see for themselves. Oh and you're not claiming credit over my Trainer animation part, and the Trainer's Pokemon :P Anyways, I see the tut is going good since no one is complaining about any errors. Makes me feel good. And Alex, you are credited for your parts of the script, so chill :P

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 4, 2016
    Now, now Alex...you are overdramatizing it. And it was more than two lines of code, and let the people see for themselves. Oh and you're not claiming credit over my Trainer animation part, and the Trainer's Pokemon :P Anyways, I see the tut is going good since no one is complaining about any errors. Makes me feel good. And Alex, you are credited for your parts of the script, so chill :P
    I was joking lol. Sarcasm and the internet just don't mix.

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
  • And I posted an HTML version on the previous page for all those with the same problem as you.

oh, pssh, I'm stupid.. thank you. downloading now..
    This will be helpful for my Amity Square Proj., I think.

EDIT: not really, but this will make it better. ^^ Thanks.

Freak A

Back !!!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2013
    you should upload this again in .doc format because most of us use ms office 2003.

MykehDoom

Team Magma's Entei
    Years
    • Age 35
    • GA
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    could you be a little more descriptive in Step 3?

This part:
    Code:
    3.Defying Second Frame Variable
    Go into the script "PokemonUtilities" and search for the line of code that is called:
    def pbLoadPokemonBitmap
    Now this step is important. Copy the whole def pbLoadPokemonBitmap and def pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpecies up until its last end. Right below where the def pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpecies ends paste what you just copied. Rename both of the newly copied defs to "pbLoadPokemonBitmap2" and "pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpecies2".
    Inside the def pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpecies change the file path
    bitmapFileName=sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/%03d%s%s.png",species,
    to:
    bitmapFileName=sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/firstframe/%03d%s%s.png",species,
    And in the def pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpecies2 change the file path
    bitmapFileName=sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/%03d%s%s.png",species
    to:
    bitmapFileName=sprintf("Graphics/Battlers/secondframe/%03d%s%s.png",species
    This should do the trick for later use

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
  • I put in the script, but when I went into a battle, I got hit with an error:

Spoiler:

thepsynergist

Vinemon: Sauce Edition Programmer and Composer
    Years
  • I hate to necropost, but no one is discussing this anymore and its the perfect thread.

Okay, I'm having trouble getting this script working with the 12/27 release of Pokemon Essentials. On section 4 on creating a wild Pokemon animation, the syntax of the code changed to no longer be supported. I've customized my script too much to be able to get this working in an older version of essentials and I wondered if someone could update the script in this to work with the newer versions of Pokemon Essentials? I would really appreciate this.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Go to PokemonUtilities replace the LoadPokemonBitmap, LoadPokemonBitmapSpecies, LoadPokemonBitmap2, LoadPokemonBitmapSpecies2, with this code:
    Spoiler:
    Also you might want to take this script from the new essentials, since PokemonUtilities uses it. It is Poccils form changing script. Just create a blank new script above main, and paste this if you already don't have it. Every other method used in this tutorial should stay the same and the thing should work.
    Spoiler:

EDIT: If your version of Essentials is not updated, you would need to add this method to PokemonUtilities too:
    Code:
    def getID(mod,constant)
     return nil if !mod || !constant || constant==""
     if constant.is_a?(Symbol) || constant.is_a?(String)
      if (mod.const_defined?(constant.to_sym) rescue false)
       return mod.const_get(constant.to_sym) rescue 0
      else
       return 0
      end
     else
      return constant
     end
    end

EDIT2:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2010
    Eternal thanks Luka S.J. (and indirectly to thepsynergist for you necropost) this was what I was looking for months and finally has been solved.
    And althoug I have the 2007 version, I have served in the same way.
    The only problem I find is that both, Trainer's Pokemon and Player´s Pokemon, cry sounds twice when you go outside; this doesn´t happen with the wild pokemon (I will try to solve :|)

Finally, I have a question, how could implement the Poccil´s new forms system to the 2007 version, and add these scripts?

Thanks, thanks for everything Luka S.J. and for sharing this with the community. I hope to see soon the beta of your project, for me the best developed at the technical level (with respect to the rest of projects, there are lots of great quality, hopefully mine someday look like any of them ;) )

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • To implement the form changing thing, just paste the scripts i just posted in the correct secion. You should have the updated LoadPokemonBitmap methods and getID in Pokemon Utilities, and just create a new script where you'll paste Poccil's form changing script. If the cries play twice, before the new part you pasted to make the pokemon animated with trainers and players, go up and search for the pbPlayCry code and remove it. It's that simple.

Years
  • Hmm...I did everything you instructed. But it is giving me an error, I have the latest version of Essentials if that helps. I didn't add what was already in the latest version either.
    Code:
    ---------------------------
    Pokemon Dawn
    Exception: NoMethodError

Message: undefined method `bitmap' for #<BitmapWrapper:0x8116508>

PokeBattle_ActualScene:336:in `setPokemonBitmap'

PokeBattle_ActualScene:1511:in `pbStartBattle'

PokeBattle_Battle:584:in `pbStartBattleCore'

PokeBattle_Battle:492:in `pbStartBattle'

PokemonField:760:in `pbWildBattle'

PokemonField:759:in `pbSceneStandby'

PokemonField:761:in `pbWildBattle'

PokemonField:758:in `pbBattleAnimation'

PokemonField:758:in `pbWildBattle'

PokemonDebug:476:in `pbDebugMenu'

This exception was logged in ./errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK   

Back