• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Message Script Error

Years

• Hello, for some reason I am having problems opening a script in Advanced Map. It keeps saying "No script editor defnied" even though I use XSE 1.1.1. Could anyone help me?

Years
  • You need to go into your settings, select "Choose script editor" and navigate to the .exe file for XSE. Then double-click it and hit either Yes or No, it doesn't matter.

Message Script Error

Years
  • Im having another problem now actually, it seems that the message box isn't showing up. But I had no errors in my script. Any help?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    If you could post the script that would be a great help :) we should be able to work it out, then. Can you post the original (if you still have) and what appears when you press 'open script' from A-Map?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Here is the message script I used.

Code:
    #dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    lock
    faceplayer
    msgbox @talk1 0x6
    release
    end

#org @talk1
    = Hey there!\nHow are you?\pWhat's your name?\p\v\h01?\nThat's a cool name!

After open script.

Code:
    '-----------------------
    #org 0x800000
    lock
    faceplayer
    msgbox 0x880000B '"Hey there!\nHow are you?\pWhat's yo..."
    release
    end

'---------
    ' Strings
    '---------
    #org 0x80000B
    = Hey there!\nHow are you?\pWhat's your name?\p[player]?\nThat's a cool name!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    That's fine, nothing wrong there. What about the one from opening from A-Map? Looks like this is probably a compiling error.

Does anything happen when you run the script? Does it freeze or allow you to continue?

Years
  • When I run the script nothing happens, it just allows me to continue. When I talk to the girl in game that the message script was given to, it makes the sound as if the message box had appeared. That's about it.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Your msgbox line should look like:

msgbox 0x880000B MSG_NORMAL "<text extract>"​

I'm not sure what might be causing that, since you have 0x6 on the original, your varion of XSE is the same as mine as well :S how odd.

When I run the script nothing happens, it just allows me to continue. When I talk to the girl in game that the message script was given to, it makes the sound as if the message box had appeared. That's about it.

So it runs, you hear a sound, but don't see a message box...

Years
  • Code:
    '-----------------------
    #org 0x800000
    lock
    faceplayer
    msgbox 0x880000B '"Hey there!\nHow are you?\pWhat's yo..."
    release
    end

'---------
    ' Strings
    '---------
    #org 0x80000B
    There appears to be a parameter missing for the msgbox command. As for why that's happened, I'm not sure. In any case, you can shorten this script to this, if it's just a simple NPC who talks:

Code:
    #dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
    msgbox @string1 MSG_FACE
    end

#org @string1

Years
  • I knew something was wrong, and I finally found the answer.
    I was wrong, my mistake. My version of XSE is v1.0.0. So could someone link me to v1.1.1?

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • May I ask what A-map are you using? If It's A-map 1.95 it adds two more digits. So if your offset is 800000 it adds two more and it will be 80000000. Just delete two digits after putting the offset on the A-map 1.95. I suggest you use 1.92 version, less buggy since 1.95 is a beta version.

But if it's your XSE, then that's just what you should get the 1.1.1 version and disregard what I said but it keep in mind ;)

Back