• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Metal Evolutions

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    We have Mega Evolutions and Primal Evolutions, does anyone else think it would be great to have more types of evolutions?
    Imagine Metal Evolutions. It'd be awesome, makes the Pokemon part Steel type, just imagine how cool something like Metal Charizard or Metal Mewtwo would look, also we'd have some rare typings for example Fire/Steel and Psychic Steel.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • This reminds me of the old Delta types from the trading card game. I believe originally they only featured Pokémon that had their types changed to Steel, though this was later opened up to allow them to change to any type.

I think that'd be a cool idea, but I'd bet against it. I'm not sure how'd they'd implement that, I don't know why they'd pick Steel - despite how cool it is as a secondary type - over any other type, and I don't think it would fit with the rumors of the games being simplified in Gen VII.

Years
  • Like Rainbow said, I don't particularly see them using a single type to turn into. Rather, it would be cool if a future pokémon game implemented a mechanic (maybe because of the villains) that switched pokémons' typings around, or randomized them even. There are already abilities that do that, so it could just be some further research in-game that made it possible (8

pkmin3033

Not sure about this either...it doesn't really seem to fit into any sort of theme, and given that the Fairy-type is still pretty sparse right now, if they were going to make a new "form change" mechanic thing like Mega Evolution I'd bet on it being geared more towards Fairy-types than Steel-types, which have been around for a while now and are pretty well fleshed out. We've had this sort of thing before indirectly too, with man-made Pokemon like Genesect, and even the Metal Coat item is similar to what you describe. It sounds nice - imagine Mewtwo gaining its movie armour through evolutionary power-up; that'd be awesome - but it seems unlikely to me.

More types of evolution, to me, would come through new evolution methods, and I think at least one or two are guaranteed if we have a lot of new Pokemon, as Game Freak just LOVES doing these.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • It's 'Primal Reversion', not 'Primal Evolution'. Primals are Pokémon to go back to their original forms, which they had now lost due to time or something else, that's different than evolution.

Also as Meloetta said

Years
  • Alt-J -> Judas Priest -> OSI?

Reminiscent of suggestions of a Mewthree, but given that we know that Mewtwo can wear armour in their own form, they would not need to 'evolve' to do so in that form, and it could just be replaced with a held item or whatever.

Steel types are known to be fairly finnicky in terms of resistances, etc., and they might also be reluctant to throw them around too much because of the recent addition of the Fairy-type, in any case if they want to make hybrids there they might want to keep that to within the Steel-type, rather than throwing them around and making the aforementioned finnicky resistances too much of an issue. If you mean that you'd like the aesthetic of Steel-types rather than the type itself, then I'd suppose that would be a completely different suggestion. As much as a central importance to the Steel type in S&M would be humorous, given the associations of the series with Satanism it might lack direction in the games.

Years
  • Kinda tough to say if this would be a good idea or not. I mean maybe if a certain hold item causes normal moves to turn into a specific type, like some abilities do, then maybe. But having an entire Pokemon change into a really unnatural type is very off put to me.

Robotic versions of pokemon sound cool though :v Mecha Tyranitar vs Tyranitar (not a Godzilla reference at all)

Years
  • Like most of the others said, this is something I really can't imagine happening. We already have Mega Evolutions, Primal Reversions and other alternate forms so adding others would be more complicated.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I remember in Pokemon Crater there were different types of Pokemon - Metal, Shinies, etc. They were only aesthetic and were cool to find because rare but... there's no real need for Steel to be important. Like, Mega Evolutions are unrelated to typings and so are Primals. They're just separate things. I can see why Steel would be important due to being sorta robotic but it seems as if it probably wouldn't enhance 'evolution' much. Interesting idea, just not the biggest fan of it since it seems random.

Back