• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Metallica VS Dragonforce

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
    I went on youtube the other day and found these commenters saying who was better, speedy Dragonforce, or thrashing influencing Metallica?

Now I'm gonna voice my opinion on this and I wish for you to do the same if you're a fan for either of these bands,

I enjoy a little Dragonforce, but as far as who is better, Metallica wins.

Why?

Metallica has a better taste of their musical quality. Dragonforce plays a bunch of notes really fast using no dynamics, and did you ever notice how a lot of their songs sort of use the same melody only a different key?
    Their drummer uses the same beat a LOT.

Why I respect Metallica so much more than these is very simple. Metallica will use dynamics, they play fast, but with style. Another thing to compare Dragonforce to is Slayer's drummer, Dave Lambardo. I can easily air drum Dragonforce. Dave Lambardo is amazing.

A lot of you probably hate me now don't you? lol

METALLICA RULES!

B-Baller

My ballin' is br00tal
    Years
    Metallica and it's not close. They've been around longer and they're more influential. I know people who know Metallica but have never heard their songs. They're that popular.
    Dragonforce is too OTT for me. The second solo of Through the Fire of the Flames completely lost any rhythm whatsoever.

Metallica ftw.

DeathlyHallows

I NEED A BATTLE!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2008
    Personally, I dislike both, I like music that soothes my "Wild" spirit.. :P

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I like them both, they're hard to compare though. Two different types of metal. Dragonforce is what you would call power metal, while Metallica is more heavy/thrash metal.

Personally? I think Dragonforce is much more entertaining. Despite what many of you think, there is a method to their madness =P. And if you think they're OTT, that's fine, but don't mistake that for random notes or off beat solos or what not. They are some of the most talented musicians in the world.

In terms of influence? Metallica without a doubt. They've been around way longer and have pretty much paved the way for the metal that we have today to emerge. Without them, we wouldn't have many of the talented bands we have today.

So I guess they both win in my opinion =P

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    I don't much care for Metallica... no reason, just don't much care for their style of music... I much prefer Dragonforce, 'Soldier of the Wasteland' rules!

Ageless Irony

MANIC SPAMMER
    Years
    This is no contest when you look at it statistically.
    Metallica completley wipes the floor with Dragonforce on a multitude of levels.

Over the years, Metllica has adapted and expended to multiple styles of their metal base, and are able to pull off all styles and tempos of music it seems...
    But Dragonforce is becoming a one trick pony. A lot of their songs song similar and all go by the same basic formula

-Interesting Fast intro
    -Paced chorus with odd, but somewhat meaningful lyrics
    -Crazy solo
    -Chorus Chrous Chorus
    -(Insert other long solo here)-
    -Chorus

That's most of their songs...

But in terms of who has the rockingest, fastest solos and the hardest riffs and whatnot, I have to tip the scale a bit towards Dragonforce
    BUT

Metallica are sitll better musicians, that's because if you go and see dragonforce live...It's not QUITE as amazing as you'd think...It's really not. While Metallica can keep up with their recordings and master tracks.

So
    Metallica.
    Dragonforce is still good stuff though, don't tihnk I'm bashing it...MEtallica is just better, and dragon force doens't deserve the kind of rep MEtallica gets.
    Yet that is.

IceDragon2439

Stand Up and Scream
    Years
    Very very true about Metallica being more influencial, because they've been going for years. I really like them both. I love listening to Dragonforce and maybe I got luckly or something but I thought their performance at Mayhem Fest in VA Beach was amazing. They had awesome stage performance and I loved listening to them.

Metallica though has just continued to make good music and are amazing musicians. But like I said, I like them both a lot.

Years
    How can you compare them> Oo They are two completely different types of artists. Yes they're metal but they have a completely different style. Either way I love them both...I ave grown less fond of Metallica over the years but they're older stuff is still all good by me and Dragonforce is just fun to listen to XD

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
    I like them both, they're hard to compare though. Two different types of metal. Dragonforce is what you would call power metal, while Metallica is more heavy/thrash metal.

Personally? I think Dragonforce is much more entertaining. Despite what many of you think, there is a method to their madness =P. And if you think they're OTT, that's fine, but don't mistake that for random notes or off beat solos or what not. They are some of the most talented musicians in the world.

In terms of influence? Metallica without a doubt. They've been around way longer and have pretty much paved the way for the metal that we have today to emerge. Without them, we wouldn't have many of the talented bands we have today.

So I guess they both win in my opinion =P

couldn't have said it better myself

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years

Please watch this video before you say that, kthx

Anyways, I'm gonna have to go with Metallica on this one. Why? They've been around alot longer, became a heavy influence on what Metal is today, and, unlike Dragonforce, can actually perform live. I have to admit, though, I'm not such a fan of their newer stuff; everything after the release of the black album just seemed to have lost its sense of originality. Still better than Dragonforce, but definitely not the same band they were in the 80's-early 90's era =/

Once you've heard one Dragonforce song, you've pretty much heard them all. Herman li has a weak, inconsistent, sloppy technique, and the band itself is just lyrically retarded. have any idea how many times the phrase "Fire and Flames" was used on the album Inhuman Rampage?

So yeah. Metallica gets my vote here.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    Dragonforce, even though I couldn't care less bout the lyrics, i just like their awesome guitar

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Please watch this video before you say that, kthx

Anyways, I'm gonna have to go with Metallica on this one. Why? They've been around alot longer, became a heavy influence on what Metal is today, and, unlike Dragonforce, can actually perform live. I have to admit, though, I'm not such a fan of their newer stuff; everything after the release of the black album just seemed to have lost its sense of originality. Still better than Dragonforce, but definitely not the same band they were in the 80's-early 90's era =/

Once you've heard one Dragonforce song, you've pretty much heard them all. Herman li has a weak, inconsistent, sloppy technique, and the band itself is just lyrically retarded. have any idea how many times the phrase "Fire and Flames" was used on the album Inhuman Rampage?

So yeah. Metallica gets my vote here.

Lol....what does that have to do with anything, he's trying to show how he plays a particular scale. I don't really get your point. However I can respect your opinion on Metallica being a better band.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Metallica. Their lyrics are deep and emotional, while the instrumental sound is also something of quality — adding good meaning to what they play is something few other bands do well, if at all.

Stratomaster

METALLICA ROCK!,SLIPKNOT SUCK!
    Years
    METALLICA are the best band still walking this earth, i seen them in dublin 2 weeks ago and they totally rocked!!!!!!! I caught 2 picks!!!! james hetfields and kirk hammets... mind you i did have to push an old lady metallica fan out of my way to get it LOL!!!! Rock on guys!!!!!

Years
    Dragonforce plays a bunch of notes really fast using no dynamics, and did you ever notice how a lot of their songs sort of use the same melody only a different key?
    Their drummer uses the same beat a LOT.

Thank you!

Metallica win, i mean, here there is no contest.
    I know this is all down to personal taste and opinion, but comon.

Metallica = Real Metal.

;)

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    You guys should compare peanut butter and jelly next time. I mean, they both go on bread, so they're obviously pretty close to the same thing, AMIRIGHT?

And I prefer Dragonforce to Metallica, but I don't like "real" metal, so.

Years
    I'm not a fan of either. The fact that I have four DragonForce albums is only because my squeeky voiced cousin made me put some of them into guitar hero 3. All of DragonForce's songs sound the same to me, but I do like the intros to Above the Winter Moonlight and Storming the Burning Fields.

I have enjoyed Metallica's One in GH3. And I saw Seek and Destroy live which was allright. I noticed that they're kinda, old? Anyway, I came home from school one day to see my mother rocking out to Enter Sandman so ima vote Metallica.

Back