• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Metronome surprises

Dragonite Tamer

I'll never leave you behind.
Years
  • Here you can post what attacks your Pokemon have used through metronome or sleep talk. My Togetic once used eruption and an attack called tail glow. I've no idea what it does though.

Xiaphear

Don't Phear Me.
    Years
  • my gravalar used aromatherapy once.....god know's what it is...i hope.
    but an other funny thing he used was volt tackle. i thought "huh rock with electric?"

metronome is a annoying and good attack...

DarkThunder

!\X/=|Zap|=\X/!
    Years
  • shadowfuse said:
    my gravalar used aromatherapy once.....god know's what it is...i hope.
    but an other funny thing he used was volt tackle. i thought "huh rock with electric?"

metronome is a annoying and good attack...
    You are right about annoying.Once when I link battled my sister my togetic used metronome it turned into endure then snorlax used double edge,togetic used metronome and it turned into sandstorm,at the end of the turn Togetic fainted because of sandstorm.
    And once while my sister was training her togepi on route 24(in LG)she faught a wild kingler.Togepi uses metronome, metronome turned into guillotine(OHKO move) kingler was at a higher level so guillotine failed.Togepi used metronome,metronome turned into sacred fire,sacred fire missed.Togepi used metronome,metronome turned into selfdestruct!That was a wierd training battle.How could a Togepi use selfdestruct?!

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • On my Green version:
    "Machamp used Splash!"

Sigh, Metronome is such a fun move to use... I can't believe none of my Pokemon in my Silver or Emerald version has it.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • Once, my Togepi use Metrnome after using Metronome. That was weird.

Another time was when we were doing a multiplayer match. My friend (who was on my team), hoped his Kyogre would use Thunder and it did!

Xiaphear

Don't Phear Me.
    Years
  • shadow of heroes:
    yeah now that's a failure...tottaly.
    kohei:
    now that's just weak(est)
    coolmaster:
    strange...and kyogre can learn thunder by a tm himself....so why hope for metronome?

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • Oh wait... now I remember! It was actually his Mewtwo that had metronome.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • coolmaster said:
    Once, my Togepi use Metrnome after using Metronome. That was weird.
    What happened? Metronome -> Metronome -> "move"?

This means that there is a chance for this being an infinite loop? Like:
    Metronome -> Metronome -> Metronome -> Metro(ry

I think you get the drift :p

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    kohei said:

The chances of that are probably slim to none, but it would be pretty annoying if you kept getting metronome over and over again :S

Once my metronome turned into horn drill and actually hit =D

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • I'm never surprised by what my pokemon use with Metronome because the point of the attack is to have a random result; so I have an equal chance of having an attack that suits the pokemon as I do of having one that doesn't.

However, without much exaggeration, on all of my games I've often wondered if I have a problem where, instead of Metronome having a 100% chance of a randomized attack, it has only a 10% chance of a randomized attack and a 90% chance of using Crabhammer. I can almost depend on my Metronome being Crabhammer attack; when I want to use it I actually plan around it; it happens that frequently. Don't get me wrong; it's a strong, solid, useful attack, but I'd kind of like Metronome to serve its purpose every once and a while o_O

Aisu K.

SHOWMEYAMOVES
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Home
    • Seen Oct 6, 2010
    Nyeh, LeafGreen, Colosseum Mt. Battle challenge. My Mewtwo used Psycho Boost. I'd call that great luck, or using an attack it should've been able to learn in the first place. My Pok?mon have always used stupid attacks with it.
    (Explosion, Transform, etc.)

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2006
    On Pokemon Stadium 2, my Snorlax used metronome. The first time, it used Fly, and the second time, I don't remember exactly what it was, but he turned into a cube and one of his stats rose...

That was a nice shock. First, Snorlax's flying. Then, try to imagine a Snorlax being packed into a tiny cube... wow.

Usohachii_Pot

Prepare....for the 4th Gen.
    Years
  • kohei said:

You've got about as much chance of that happening as *cough*Serebii's*cough* forum moderators actually locking a topic for a good reason or being nice.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I have got quite many Metronome surprises. My Togepi in Pok?mon gold, for example, always seemed to use Fire Wheel on Woopers and Vine whip on Bellsprouts o.o I also remember my Togepi using Attract, 2 Charms in a row, Wrap, Sandstorm, Future sight and Encore (right after it attacked with foresight) on a Noctowl o.O Then it finished Noctowl off with an Aeroblast. Metronome is really funny sometimes... I remember my friend's Snorlax (don't ask me why it had metronome o.O) using Fly. When I saw the text 'Snorlax flew up high' appeare on the screen I was like O_O
    Here you can post what attacks your Pokemon have used through metronome or sleep talk. My Togetic once used eruption and an attack called tail glow. I've no idea what it does though.
    Tail glow is Volbeat's signature move... It sharply raises Sp.Atk (I'm sure someone already mentioned that, but I'm too lazy to read all the posts before I reply o.O)
    my gravalar used aromatherapy once.....god know's what it is...i hope.
    Aromateraphy cures all status alignments...

Last edited:
    Back