• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mew Mew Power is going to air next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurosaki

The only thing I found unbearable was the name changes >>;;

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Ugh, I could deal with the name changes better than the voices. They just didn't fit the characters well, in my opinion. The girls sounded like valley-girls, and I couldn't believe how old Masaya sounded. T_T He's only around 13 or so in the manga! Does anyone know how old they were supposed to be in the dub? *runs off to sit in a corner and cry*

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Oh, I know, but didn't they make them 15 or so in the dub version?

And I guess now that I've calmed down, I can say that I guess I'll get used to this... I was just frustrated at first at how much they had changed it. x_x; I like some things, like the theme song, but they could have atleast left the original names. (And called the aliens aliens, not 'Siniclon Warriors'. That sounds like something off of Power Rangers, no offense!)

Strawberry Delcatty

Neko daisuki-na no nya!
    Years
    It's too horrible for words. Horrible voices, horrible music, lots of horribly dumb name changes, and worst of all...

"Mew Mew Style! Mew Mew Grace! Mew Mew Power in your face!"

I could make up a better battle cry for Cream the Rabbit.

I am NEVER watching Mew Mew Power again.

Asura Nirosuki

Shes a good person~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    it's so sicking! MEWMEW WINKS CLUB AND SO MUCH MORE ARE A PLOT OF THE FAMOUS SALIORMOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY WON'T THEY MAKE UP THERE OWN IDEAS!

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
    Years
    Kayleigh said:
    Ugh, I could deal with the name changes better than the voices. They just didn't fit the characters well, in my opinion. The girls sounded like valley-girls, and I couldn't believe how old Masaya sounded. T_T He's only around 13 or so in the manga! Does anyone know how old they were supposed to be in the dub? *runs off to sit in a corner and cry*
    *comes out of the woodwork* Holy majoly I'm actually on a posting spree again, everybody, heh. ^_^; OMG, Kayleigh, I didn't even know it was airing this morning; and, when I was flipping through the channels I saw it. I missed the first five minutes, though. You know what was weird? I feel like, ugh...dare I say...Mew Mew Power...was a strange cross between Sailor Moon and Inuyasha (because of the demon things they have to defeat...I think they had a name for them, but I forgot). The way the girls transformed really was almost identical to the way the Sailor Scouts transformed.
    However, I'm not bashing the show itself! I found the dubbing kind of off-beat...because Ichigo's (ugh...ZOEY) crush, Mark, sounded like he was 40, lol. ^_^; Although, when I sat through it...I didn't really understand what the plot was, heh. I think the dubbing just screwed over my comprehension of it, in plain English (no pun intended...). The only part of the show I can say I understood, and thought was funny, was when Renae put the apple pastry on the wrong table. The lady goes, "I didn't order this..." and Renae said, "What do you want me to do about it?" ... "Uh, nothing?" and Renae walked away. (Well, it sounds lame now that I typed it, lol, but it was funnier if you remember that scene.) Why did I like that? Because I can see myself doing that if I was a waitress, heh. The dub makes her look like the most normal one. Well, in my opinion, I liked her best. Then again, I never saw the subtitled version...so I can't make the greatest educated opinion. Anyway, I'll stop ranting! That's my view on it, y'all.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Nekomajo Asunya said:
    ...And worst of all...

"Mew Mew Style! Mew Mew Grace! Mew Mew Power in your face!"
    Oh, that line bugged me a lot, too! They could've come up with something better than that... >_>;

maya miyazono said:
    it's so sicking! MEWMEW WINKS CLUB AND SO MUCH MORE ARE A PLOT OF THE FAMOUS SALIORMOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY WON'T THEY MAKE UP THERE OWN IDEAS!
    If you don't like it then you don't have to post here.

Sayuri no Hoshi said:
    *comes out of the woodwork* Holy majoly I'm actually on a posting spree again, everybody, heh. ^_^; OMG, Kayleigh, I didn't even know it was airing this morning; and, when I was flipping through the channels I saw it. I missed the first five minutes, though. You know what was weird? I feel like, ugh...dare I say...Mew Mew Power...was a strange cross between Sailor Moon and Inuyasha (because of the demon things they have to defeat...I think they had a name for them, but I forgot). The way the girls transformed really was almost identical to the way the Sailor Scouts transformed.
    However, I'm not bashing the show itself! I found the dubbing kind of off-beat...because Ichigo's (ugh...ZOEY) crush, Mark, sounded like he was 40, lol. ^_^; Although, when I sat through it...I didn't really understand what the plot was, heh. I think the dubbing just screwed over my comprehension of it, in plain English (no pun intended...). The only part of the show I can say I understood, and thought was funny, was when Renae put the apple pastry on the wrong table. The lady goes, "I didn't order this..." and Renae said, "What do you want me to do about it?" ... "Uh, nothing?" and Renae walked away. (Well, it sounds lame now that I typed it, lol, but it was funnier if you remember that scene.) Why did I like that? Because I can see myself doing that if I was a waitress, heh. The dub makes her look like the most normal one. Well, in my opinion, I liked her best. Then again, I never saw the subtitled version...so I can't make the greatest educated opinion. Anyway, I'll stop ranting! That's my view on it, y'all.
    Hey, it's about time! ^_^ And really? Wow, that's neat! Did you happen to hear the theme song?

I think that a lot of other people who weren't familiar with the show got confused too, because they actually didn't show the first episode. They skipped forward to like the 10th one! I think that they'll be showing the first one next week though, and it'll continue on in order, so you might understand it better if you watch it then.

I know, he sounded way too old! I think they were trying to make him 18 or something, when in reality he's supposed to be about 13. I still can't get used to hearing him sound like that!

And I liked that part too, lol. She does remind me of you in some ways! XD

deathbyalice said:
    Do you mean Tokyo Mew Mew? They are going to start showing that in the United States?
    Yep, that's it. They finally started showing it today!

Years
    I bet they didn't show the first episode because they want people to watch it, and then they'll have to watch the begining to understand whats happening. It's for advertisement and crap!
    The age and name changing bugged me the most. I mean, they went from seventh graders to tenth graders. and their names were different types of food! FOOD! not fair...*goes off to cry in a corner and waits for the subtitled version to come out..* they better make a subbed version..

SS4Gotenks

I Love Sasha!
    Years
    yea i was wondering i haven't see tokyo mew mew yet but i saw mew mew power is it related?? or is it related the the Pokemon Mew?

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    It's the same show, Tokyo Mew Mew just had it's title changed(for SOME reason) to Mew Mew Power.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    this "voice sounds too deep" tends to happen a lot...my guess is that dubbers dont like the idea of giving a kid money to VA, gotta have em at least a late teen right?
    (either that or its school problems meh...)
    i have yet to see the dub, but not sure if i actually wanna see it now ^^'

deathbyalice

Linden
    Years
    Yay! I can't wait, but I'm so sad that they changed the name! I read all the mangas....I hope they don't change too much, the dubbing will probably be horrible, but that won't stop me from watching it! Go Mews! hehe

Asura Nirosuki

Shes a good person~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2014
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH im sorry i didn't think i would hurt anyone saying this.... i will be more out let so They sure grab your atteion though don't they. They really neat in there own way. [Kayleigh i am sorry i hope you forgive me]

Skitty Boy

SB is back.
    Years
    I wanted to see that show... :) what is it about anyway? is it the same thing is Tokyo Mew Mew...or is it totally different? o.O''

Lucid

anime lover2005, don?t double post! Use the edit button, and sailor moon isn?t coming back on the contract expired.

Okay, I just saw, I believe the 2nd episode this morning, and it bugged me Oo;;
    ?Zoey?s? voice dosent fit her, and I never remember her being this stupid, and ?Mark?s? VA isn?t even trying to sound like someone under 25. I could stand the voices, but Masha?s new ?mini mew? nickname was just moronic. and what was up with Zoey rapping after she transformed?! o.o
    it?s just been watered down for an audience that?s too young for my taste. XP

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back