• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

mew/mewtwo pokedex

stewie&rupert

the evil Senior Member
    Years
    If mewtwo was made from mew, then why is mewtwo before mew in the pokedex?

mewtwo is made up by mew meaning why would mewtwo be 150 and mew be 151.is this a mistake, does this hav a purpose.

also i dont think this belongs in rumers as theirs no rumer to this.

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    actually it would belong in rumors cause almost evryones answer is probably a rumor andway Mewtwo is prbably before mew because was probably discoverd before mew.

BlastBurn

The Fire Expert
    Years
    It is probably because Mewtwo is actually proven to exist in the pokemon world while Mew is still a myth.

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
    stewie&rupert said:
    If mewtwo was made from mew, then why is mewtwo before mew in the pokedex?

mewtwo is made up by mew meaning why would mewtwo be 150 and mew be 151.is this a mistake, does this hav a purpose.

also i dont think this belongs in rumers as theirs no rumer to this.

Mew is after Mewtwo because technically Mew isn't supposed to be able to be caught in the game. Mew was only supposed to be able to be obtained through special events (until someone figured out the mew glitch). 'Nuff said.

Hakudoushi-kun

Guardian of the Northern Souls
    Years
    mewtwo was a pkmn that people had facts on, since T.Rocket cloned mewtwo from mew. mew was a mystery, that most ppl still doubted the existence of. the scientists didn't actually have mew to clone from, just a hair they found, so mew was never physically seen, unlike mewtwo. so mewtwo was confirmed, and mew was still just a legend. made sense XP?

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2008
    I have mew also...well...I can't find it anymore cuz It was in my red versiion and I lost my red version awile ago but...I no I had it cuz It's data's in my pokedex...

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    yes that puzzles me too because mew is 151 and mewtwo is 150 in the old pokedex

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
    Mmm... Mew wasn't supposed to be catchable I guess... and Mewtwo was. They didn't want a blank number in there. Nitendo isn't that stupid. :/

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
    Don't forget that as far as trainers (in-game, not you and me) are concerned, Mew doesn't even exist. That was the idea of ending the Pokedex on 151. 150 catchable monsters and 1 that may or may not be obtainable.

Other than the Pokedex entry, who actually knows that Mewtwo was created from Mew before its capture?

Years
    images said:
    mewtwo was a pkmn that people had facts on, since T.Rocket cloned mewtwo from mew. mew was a mystery, that most ppl still doubted the existence of. the scientists didn't actually have mew to clone from, just a hair they found, so mew was never physically seen, unlike mewtwo. so mewtwo was confirmed, and mew was still just a legend. made sense XP?

Team Rocket didnt make Mewtwo, the researchers on Cinnabar did, hence Mewtwo found out he was a copy and destroyed the whole Facility.. yadda yadda yadda, its even in the Pokemon Movie y'know?

Anyways Nintendo made Mewtwo the 150th Pokemon because Mew isnt catchable in the game, until the glitch was discovered, and you could only get it from Nintendo.. the official Mew that is, and wouldnt it be weird if there were a blank spot between 149-151?

Back