• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mew or Arceus?

Mew, or Arceus?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    That title, is probably the best one here in the Pokemon General so far.

The choice between Mew or Arceus is a very good question.

Well, they pretty much are the same. Mew, is always Psychic type, but has the ability to learn any TM or HM. Same goes to Arceus, but that depends on what plate it is holding.

I think the real question should be: Who is the real God of Pokémon, Mew or Arceus?
    Well, they said Mew was, when the Pokemon series started, but, it's really, Mew just mostly created the DNA of the Pokémon(Or something like that. :P), while Arceus, was the actual "creator" of all the Pokémon. As said in the Pokédex, Arceus created the world with its "1000 arms".

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    That title, is probably the best one here in the Pokemon General so far.

The choice between Mew or Arceus is a very good question.

Well, they pretty much are the same. Mew, is always Psychic type, but has the ability to learn any TM or HM. Same goes to Arceus, but that depends on what plate it is holding.

I think the real question should be: Who is the real God of Pokémon, Mew or Arceus?
    Well, they said Mew was, when the Pokemon series started, but, it's really, Mew just mostly created the DNA of the Pokémon(Or something like that. :P), while Arceus, was the actual "creator" of all the Pokémon. As said in the Pokédex, Arceus created the world with its "1000 arms".
    I have to stop you there wind~.
    even though it said (in canalave library) that the original one made two, it wasn't specific.
    It can be either mew or arceus that created dialga or palkia.
    and just because it created the universe with its 1,000 arms, it doesn't specifically make it a god.And remember that the myth has to be fake since arceus doesn't have arms, especially when it can't learn punching moves.The only true creator can be mew.
    and anyone that thinks arceus is a god just because its description is"alpha pokemon" is stupid, just wanted to point that out.
    but you have to choose between your likes and battle preference, because mew is supposedly "cute", arceus is a great decision for battling, what with its wide movepool, signature move, and of course plates.
    the pokedex has yet to be accurate because it said mew can learn any move, where as it can't learn spore or spacial rend.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Well, it actually can have "punching moves" because, it depends on the plate it is holding.

NoBel_ToKYo ™

OpEN Up YoUR HoRIzOns
    Years
    personally i'd rather have mew be the pokegod. i mean, tbh, he's got the perfect personality to live forever! mew is entertained by almost anything. how would it ever get bored?

i also like mews look better, but arceus is most likely stronger. i still go for mew though

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Well, it actually can have "punching moves" because, it depends on the plate it is holding.

No it cannot. The only change of movepool plates cause is that of draco meteor. Other than that, plates have no effect on what arceus can or cannot learn. He has no arms, and therefore cannot punch.

In reference to your earlier point, mew has the dna of every poke, that doesnt mean he created it. This reinforces the theory that mew was the first generic pokemon species from which all others evolved (Darwin-evolved, not pokemon-evolved), and is not a legend itself. I wrote the following passage last year:
    Me said:
    Essay time lol.....

Like i said, i go from the info we get from the games.
    First came arceus
    Arceus made D&P who made time and space, therefore the universe (Just a lump of dark matter at the current time)
    Now Arceus had something to shove planets and stars and stuff into
    Onto these planets he put more pokemon to regulate and shape them, in the case of earth;
    Kyogre and groudon to form seas and landmasses
    Regigigas to pull the continents into shape
    The 3 Dogs to regulate fire water and thunder, and so on with all the aspects of the
    planet.
    At this point arceus would have either gone off and populated other planets (Depending on if he did earth first, last or whatever) or gone to sleep up at spear pillar. Alternatively he may have created these pokes from himself, therefore stripping him of lots of power, (reducing him from a god to merely godley) so he went to sleep at spear pillar to regenerate until he was strong enough to populate the next planet along.
    Now for the less concrete theories
    As for the more mundane pokemon, this is the evolution bit. The world was populated by mew, a whole species of them. This would explain why it contains every piece of dna, because all pokes originated from them. Some mews lived in the sea, and evolved into water types. Others lived in the desert and evolved into the grounds, and so on. Mews slowly died out apart from the one that is left, who has sustained by living in the forest of the sevii island he is found on.

Now, to explain why there is only one left. Mew is like a stem cell, all other pokemon formed from him. Since it would have been created by the god of pokemon, its biomolecular make-up to be close to perfect, so its body would be so efficient cells would be replicated as soon as they were destroyed, therefore mew would not age. the only way mew would die is of starvation, or by being eaten (Perfect cells leaves no room for mutation or disease). Some mews were herbivores, but those in the sparce deserts would be carnivores. If they migrated out of the deserts, they would see other veggie mews and eat them. This surviving mew had settled on an island in the sea (The sevii one), and because it is alone mew would eat little, and because it is surrounded by water the land would be fertile and mew would have an 'everlasting' food source, therefore allowing this mew to survive until 'present day'

So while this one merrily sat around and ate, the rest of the world was affected by darwin; Evolve or die. After millions of years any pokemon recognisable as mew had gone, leaving the one we play hide and seek with.

There, done

Nightning

Pokemon master
    Years
    i honestly cant choose. they seem to both hjave something to do with the creation of all pokemon. it seems that the only way the're pokedex entries can make sense is if they were the parents of all pokemon ...... CUTE!

Back