• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mewtwo-EX's TCard Program Official Thread

What do you think of the Program? Did it work for you? (select one from each letter)

• Total voters

mewtwo-EX

The original EX
Years
  • Wow...what an excellent post!

I understand that the UI is not very intuitive. I'll probably redesign it when GM7.0 comes out, but there hasn't really been a need yet. Did you like the "Up Arrow Menu"? I'm thinking about something like that for the options at the bottom of the screen. Maybe also, an option to add everything in one dialog box, rather then click on multiple things...an idea. When GM7 comes out, I'll probably have to redo the entire program anyway, so I'll change it then.

Which paragraph about passkeys was confusing? Could you please post it (or the beginning sentences)?

I'll look into the watermark description. Thanks!

About the sprites: I'm aware that some may suffer from transparency problems, but I don't have the time myself to find every one. The problem should only occur with the Pinup sprites, and I've fixed the ones you pointed out. Attached below is the fixed version. If you find any more, let me know.

Please keep giving me your feedback! It's really appreciated!

Mewtwo-EX

PS: I'll be sending you a PM, so look for that soon!

Demonta

Jem Juggler
    Years
  • Hey.

Uhh I don't really know about the software you used. I was very impressed with your ability to create it still :D.

Anyway, I thought you got rid of the water marks by getting the codes but I was confused lol. It kind of suggested it when you read your fist post and by the poll. The poll asks on C whether you would get pass keys or you don't mind water marks. This kinda suggests the passkeys get rid of the watermarks.

Also I found some more transparency probs...
    D/P
    391 (coller)
    393 (eyes)
    394 (belly spots)
    395 (belly)
    399 (teeth)
    400 (teeth and eyes)
    407 (mentioned)
    408 (horns)
    409 (mentioned)
    413 (uhh what are those?)
    425 (mentioned)
    434 (eyes)
    440 (ring thing)
    441 (feathers)
    443 (teeth)
    444 (teeth)
    445 (teeth)
    447 (eyes)
    448 (eyes and spikes)

That's all for now. That should be plenty to be getting on with. What I've noticed is that probably, you have set white as the default transparency colour as the sprites you got wasn't transparent already. What you can do is paint bucket the obvious backgrounds bright green or pink (colour nintendo didn't use) and then set transparency colour to bright green or pink. This involves redoing all the sprites again and possibly cropping them all again but you can get rid of all the transparency problems.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2007
    I worked it, but didnt know how to fuse images nor add shade effects. HELP!

mewtwo-EX

The original EX
    Years
  • Kionae: Fuse images? Shade effects? What you saay? Um...if you're talking about merging sprites, this program can't do that. Check around, there are several tutorials on the topic. I'm not sure what you mean by "shade effects"...if you mean colorizing the template, simply use the middle mouse button. Read the help file (F1) for more info.

Demonta: Thanks for the list. I'll fix them when I get the chance. As far as the transparency goes, yes, the default is white. This is because the program I made to crop the sprites used it as default. A simple edit of that program could fix the problem I suppose. I'll either do that or just paintbucket the faulty sprites (probably the former due to the number). We'll see. Thanks for the suggestion!

mewtwo-EX

The original EX
    Years
  • Now that all the Sinnoh Pokemon names have been released, I've updated my Excel listing. Included are all 493 Pokemon, presorted in alphabetical order, as well as the Trainers and custom sprites that are in the Program. The Excel sheet also has macros which you can use to resort all three lists into Alphabetical or Numerical. To use macros, you must click "Enable Macros" when you open the file. You will probably also need Excel 2003 or higher.

Please note that sorting Pokemon takes quite a while (about 2 minutes for alphabetical, 1 for numerical). Sorting the others takes only seconds.

Also note, You probably shouldn't change the numbers in orange boxes, although box 2 allows you to choose which numerical mode to sort in.

Enjoy...and please don't distribute this. Link to this post instead. Thanks!

typeZERO

Great Ninja, Uria!
    Years
  • Hmm...very strange. Can you give me your computer specs? (Start, Right click My Computer, Properties, General tab, look under Computer) Also, check your sound and graphics card drivers. According to the Game Maker website,

Hope this helps.

Okay I've checked it and it says the following under computer:

AMD Athlon(m)XP 2200+
    1.80 GHz, 480 MB of RAM

mewtwo-EX

The original EX
    Years
  • Hmm...very interesting. Could you please check the TCard Maker version? It should be the file name. I will also look into making a new version available.

Please note that the program is currently incompatible with Windows Vista. I will upgrade it when I get GameMaker 7, but won't be able to test it until I get a Vista computer.

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
  • I honestly don't see the need for all the passkeys and macros and system requirements. Is it so hard to just leave up the old version that was passkey an download-free, for those of us not willing to go through the tedious bureaucracy of a downloadable program? A simple trainer's card can be easily made in MSPaint if you know how to use it. Hell, I'd bet that anything and everything you've put into your program can be easily duplicated in a simple java or flash applet.

Why do you have this passkey system? Are you that insecure you force people to praise your work or report errors before they can make cards? Do you really want random people sending you "yor prgrm iz kewl gif pass plz" messages? I'm sure you've gotten a few of those already, right? Don't you think USING your program and proudly displaying cards they've made with it is appreciation enough? And you think people are too lazy to report any errors they've found? People aren't that heartless.

The first thing I noticed that bugged me is why a program designed to mix images together would require a certain graphics card or sound card? Again, more pointless needs. I enjoyed and used your old web-based card maker. I suppose I should thank you for teaching me to be more self-reliant, since I make my own cards now, without the help of anything other than MSPaint.

*Bows and walks off*

mewtwo-EX

The original EX
    Years
  • Er...Thank you for your feedback, however, I believe you are getting some things confused.

Point- Is it so hard to just leave up the old version that was passkey an download-free...I enjoyed and used your old web-based card maker.
    Reply- I am not the creator of the ATCM, the web-based card maker (although I'm flattered that you thought I did :)). That utility belongs to Ausaudriel. I have used it and it is quite good, although most of the stuff can be done in Paint.

P- I'd bet that anything and everything you've put into your program can be easily duplicated in a simple java or flash applet.
    R- And you would win. If I knew Java, or Flash, I could probably do the same thing and make it web based.

P- A simple trainer's card can be easily made in MSPaint if you know how to use it.
    R- Correct. A simple TCard. By using the Program, you can do more advanced features such as transparency. This is impossible using Paint. Also, you would have to (Open, Copy, Paste, Delete White, Move) on every sprite you wanted to add. With the program you simply enter a number.

P- Why do you have this passkey system?
    R- The passkeys only protect my custom designs. This was because I made those cards in my request thread. However, now that that has died, I'll probably remove the passkeys in the next update.

P- Are you that insecure you force people to praise your work or report errors before they can make cards? And you think people are too lazy to report any errors they've found?
    R- No, although praise is nice. As stated above, the passkeys protected my designs. I gave out passkeys to people who reported errors as an incentive / thank you.

P- why does a program designed to mix images together require a certain graphics card or sound card?
    R- This is because of the overhead that GameMaker requires. You can check the GameMaker website to see why. I would love for the program to work on any computer, but GameMaker won't allow it.

P- I suppose I should thank you for teaching me to be more self-reliant, since I make my own cards now, without the help of anything other than MSPaint.
    R- Congratulations! I'd like to see some of your results.

Another point: The main idea of the TCard Maker was to reduce the amount of time I needed to make Trainer Cards. When my shop was at its peak, I was getting 5-10 requests a week. With each card taking about an hour, it was eating up my time. By creating the program, I was able to reduce the time required to about 10 minutes.

To everyone: In short, look out for the new version that has all cards unlocked!

Ichida

Years
  • Ehh, thanks for responding. So it's all just to protect your designs? I suppose that makes sense. Anywho, *points to signature* behold the fruit of ten minutes of labour.

Ichida

Years
  • Nope, but I think it looks great like this anyways.

Copied it off the sheet I got from the Supplies thread. *Shrug* Doesn't take too much longer. Wish I could find the Emerald font though.

Back