• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mid Battle Evolutions

• Thread starter Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
  • Start date

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Since mid-battle evolutions have happened in the anime loads of times before Gen VI, I don't see why they won't implement this into the games.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
The Game could do an Evolution Check after each monster is defeated. Some pokemon learn a new attack as they are evolving, assuming they evolve at the right level. Like Cubchu and Iceicle Crash. It has to evolve at Lv. 37 to learn it.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

And if you're trying to train a Pokemon to a certain level before evolving it and it made it so that it tried evolving every single time it gained a level, well... Yeah, that'd be annoying.

That already happens after a battle, and maybe they could do something like if you press B while in battle one time your Pokemon will only try to evolve after a battle. Just a thought.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
During the anime, we've seen countless times how a Pokemon evolves in the middle of a battle and turn the tables in the owners favour. However, in the games no matter how many experience points and levels your Pokemon gains it will not evolve until after the battle.

So, would you like if your Pokemon in battle? If so, what method would be allowed? Only levelling up, or maybe you could give you Pokemon a stone in the heat of battle? How would Game Freak pull it off if they decided to do it? Would they use the same, particles come apart in a flash of light and come back together or something totally different? I personally would love to be able to give my Pokemon a stone midway through and change the dynamic of the battle. What do you think? Discuss!

Yeah I think this would be good, and it would make more sense since I don't get why it evolves after the battle if it already met it's requirements xD

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
That already happens after a battle, and maybe they could do something like if you press B while in battle one time your Pokemon will only try to evolve after a battle. Just a thought.
Yeah but say it levels up five times in the course of one battle, you'll have to press B five times, it gets annoying. And some people wouldn't want to make the pokemon's item a everstone.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Yeah but say it levels up five times in the course of one battle, you'll have to press B five times, it gets annoying. And some people wouldn't want to make the pokemon's item a everstone.

What I meant is a Pokemon can't evolve inbattle if it had been denied to evolve once. So for example, my Magikarp gained a level and wanted to evolve, and I press B. This means no matter how many levels I gain in this battle he will not evolve because I already denied him.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
I've been wanting this since R/S/E, it would really shake things up, change the flow of battle, and turn the tables in your favor at the last second, just like in the anime. I always thought a Pokemon should evolve during a battle if it happens to reach that level. Apparently the battle system is being tweaked, so this might be a new mechanic that's added.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
This would be so neat, except for when you don't want to evolve something and you have to press the B button a ton of times. :( But at least you wouldn't accidentally gain too many levels and miss a move that you gain upon evolving at that level (Combusken's Double Kick at 16 after Torchic evolves, for example). I think it'd be worth dealing with the B button pressing, since I don't think it's often that people keep something unevolved for that long.

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2013
I can definitely get behind the idea of mid battle evolution, seems more dramatic, which i love.

Back