• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Mind Over Matter: A Pokemon RP (IC)

NyxShooter

drifting wanderer
Years
  • Starter Recieved​
    Im gonna copy crnage in this post, sorry carnie.
    PS: Carnage is my favorite symbiote ;D

Nyx laughed at the prospect. The only thing he didn't like is that most rivals he hears about aren't friends. They're...well..rivals? Nyx corrected him, "I dont like the term rival mate, how about the term I kick your butt, and we do it again? No Im just kidding, a friendly rival, you can tweak that term as much as you like. And sorry, but I just ran a scenario battle, but I would win, seeing as Cyndaquil doesn't know Smokescreen yet. Also, when you see a pokemon that can read minds, you dont ignore it. I would fanboy about this, pretty sure you should aswell. This Pokemon can see your internet history, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't like it." Nyx says as he grins at Austin with a cheeky smile. He pats Austin on the back. He also whispers to Austin "Is it just me, or are all the girls in here have some quirk to them, and not the pleasing kind of quirk, the quirk where you sometimes feel disgusted, annoyed, you know, that quirk. I think I'm going to name this guy Treason. So what are you going to name yours? I think a name like Rock-hater would be perfect, but no nevermind. That's onix-ceptable

Spoiler:

crnage

sexy symbiote
    Years
  • Austin Strachen [size=-2]:: Reach for the Stars[/size]
    -----------------

[SIZE=-2]
    (That's okay!)​
    "Psh, yeah right. Winning and losin' ain't all about type match-ups, mate. Keep dreaming." Austin paled a bit at the mention of his internet history. "Really? I think I just broke that poor Xatu's mind. No, I'm as innocent as a saint." He could see he and Nyx getting along just fine, despite their Pokémon's types. At the mention of the girls, he passed his eyes over them, sneering. "Oh, we're gossiping now?" Austin chuckled. "But, I get what you're saying, especially that girl with the headphones over there. Does she scream "unneeded problems", or what? And they're almost all blondes," He pulls his hat lower on the back of his head. "They're giving me a bad name." At the mention of naming his mon he grinned, laughing slightly.

"Good one, good one, but if I were you I'd keep my Meowth shut, your jokes are corny. But, I think I'm going to name him Arson, to go along with the whole "fire theme"."
    [/SIZE]​

Spoiler:

NyxShooter

drifting wanderer
    Years
  • Starter Acquired
    Thanks a bunch

Nyx laughs at Austins equally cr*ppy joke and says "Its not gossip, its just..exchange of ideas, But yeah, I get where you get the idea. I'd stay away from those girls if I was any sane guy. Sure some of them are pretty, but that doesn't give any excuse. Drama=No. I've already had a minor experience of Drama, I dont want anymore. So where are you gonna head out from here, go straight for the plant gym? I'm really not sure what I want to do. I dont plan on taking on gym leaders, but it will be pretty fun to have a little challenge." I also need a travelling buddy. I dont really like travelling alone human-wise. I like to have a guy/girl I can count on. I'm totally fine if you want to take your own path, totally cool. I planned on going alone on this journey, but hey, it's not everyday I meet a stoned pokemon trainer who shares my love for puns." Nyx continues with a hearty smile. Nyx looks at Professor Erigwani cautiously, and eyes the Alakazam. He would love to touch the Alakazam, but he doesn't think it would be as tolerant as the Xatu. "Look at that Alakazam...I just want to touch its whiskers so bad, but I'll end up flat on my back." he mutters to no one in particular, with quite an audible noise. Nyx, it has been established, is quite the odd trainer. Odd, but a good kind of odd.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Nidoking76

Not splitting the party
    Years
  • JENNIFER
    LIFE IS HARD WHEN DUMB
    My father? Jennifer wrote. He's okay. Why do you ask? As soon as Jennifer finished writing that, she regretted it. Flare was a bit upset when Jennifer walked over, so maybe Flare has a not-so-good dad. Dear lord. I hope that doesn't make her upset or anything. Jennifer immediately erased what she wrote down, and instead wrote Forget that. Anyway, would you like to walk outside? I kinda wanna see this Eevee right now. I'm very impatient about this kind of thing.
    Jennifer then looked behind her to Forsight being stroked by some kid. Frankly, Forsight looked pissed. When he flew back to Erigwani tl bet another Pokeball, Jennifer could have sworn that she heard Forsight mumbling something. Whatever he said, it made Erigwani laugh. Forsight probably made a snarky comment about the kid who pet Forsight.

Last edited:

Defective

defectiveShrink
    Years
  • Poki
    Just... What.

It didn't take long for a Pokeball to plop down into her idle hands. The turned it over a few times before muttering a "Thank you" to the Xatu.

If her guess was correct, the girl knew she had received a little Pokemon that went by the name of Chespin. A smile appeared on her face. The professor was right. That Xatu really did know which one she had wanted. Maybe this adventure wouldn't be so bad after all.

After mulling over the subject a few moments, she came to the conclusion that its name would be Jasper (assuming it was male of course).

Now the real problem was trying to find a traveling partner. This wiped the smile off her face fairly quickly, for it meant having to deal with the same human day after day. This decision would be a hard one for her to make.

Spoiler:

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • FLARE
    CAREFUL ABOUT WORDS

Before I could read the board, Jennifer erased what she wrote and read what she put instead.
    Forget about that. Anyway, would you like to walk outside? I kinda wanna see this Eevee right now. I'm very impatient about this kind of thing.

" Sure. It would be fun. I wanna see my Torchic too."

I put up my headsets and phone into my backpack. Then I get up and hold the pokeball. Still can't believe I finally have a pokemon. Better not scream right now. I get up first and wait for Jennifer.

" Come on. It's getting stuffy in here."

Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

crnage

sexy symbiote
    Years
  • Austin Strachen [size=-2]:: Alright, Partner[/size]
    -----------------

[SIZE=-2]Austin nodded, sharing Nyx's infatuation with the professor's Alakazam.

"Probably. My sis has an Alazakam, named... Um, Houdini. I heard they're not that good defense-wise, but really really powerful. She kicked more than half Kalos Elite Four's butt with it." He gazed at the Pokémon in question, smiling at the memory that came forward. "Psychic Pokémon are so cool, aren't they? My sis had like a ton, they're my favorite." He broke off, rubbing the back of his head. "Sorry, geek moment. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do either, but it should be a snap to defeat the next Gym, if I train Arson up a little. Speaking of training, do we need to hang around anymore or are we free? Is the professor going to give us a little speech?" He grimaced, looking at Nyx. "But, yeah, I wasn't counting on having a traveling partner, but as long as you don't slit my throat in my sleep," He leaned in a bit to his side, mumbling under his breath. "which I can't say for the rest of the people in here."
    [/SIZE]​

Spoiler:

NyxShooter

drifting wanderer
    Years
  • Starter Acquired

Nyx was thinking about what Austin proposed, it was true, Psychic pokemon are really cool. That Xatu had interested him so much, but Nyx was more intrigued with the Psychic counterpart, Dark. He really loved Dark type Pokemon to death. "The first gym is Plant right? Well I need to do one of two things. Either buff Treason to about level 20 without evolving him, so he can learn Ice Fang, or find a Flying or Fire type Pokemon around here. Oh yeah, and thanks for accompanying me" Nyx responds with a huge grin. "And the slitting throat thing, no promises. Im kidding, dont worry." Nyx says as he looks at Professor Erigwani going back to his respectful line of work. "Yeah, I dont think we're going to get a speech, lets get the hell out of here." Nyx says as he makes his way outside. "Oh yeah, and what about that Hachi kid the Professor talked about, he didn't show up, and there were still some balls in the Alakazams hand which he didn't pass out. Did some people not show up? Who would miss a free pokemon?" Nyx says as he makes his way outside

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Hachi Zenjubo
    The Ninja from Ransei
    Froakie Obtained

Hachi looked at the Xatu and got handed a Pokeball that contained Froakie. Hachi then bowed to Professor Erigwani. He then looked at the Pokeball and said, "I have decided to nickname you Hanzo." He then turned and stealthily left to go outside of the lab.

After heading outside, he noticed a nearby tree. He then went and dashed up it to get a better view. He then looked down and noticed a boy with a scar on his head. Hachi thought to himself, I should probably ask him if he has ever encountered a ninja before. I will do that. He then said to the boy, "I take it that you have probably not encountered a ninja before. I have studied ninjutsu for years, so I am very skilled at stealth. Course my stealth is not very useful against Psychic type Pokemon."

crnage

sexy symbiote
    Years
  • Austin Strachen [size=-2]:: It's like a baby![/size]
    -----------------

[SIZE=-2]Austin nodded as he followed his new "friend" outside, shivering as the humidity smacked him in the face. "Just try it." He bounced back, laughing as he took out the ball he'd been hiding in his knapsack, among the rest of the things he'd shoved in there. "There's no reason not to let him out now." He pressed the button, releasing his first Pokémon out in the world for the first time. "Woah," He whistled, crouching down to inspect the dark blue thing, rolling around as he poked it. "You're really small, like smaller than me."

"Small!" Arson chorused, making Austin screech and fall back, lying on the ground with wide eyes. "Wha- what? Did you just...?" "Small!" Arson repeated, confirming his trainer's suspicions, looking with wide eyes from Nyx to the Cyndaquil, and back again. He began to sit back up, this time crossing his legs and staring at the tiny thing as it crawled into his lap, still rolling around and playing with it's feet as if it had never seen them before. Austin smiled just a little, scratching it behind it's head as it cooed. "It's a little cute, like a baby. You know, without the spitting and the nastiness." He looked up, smile evaporating as he watched someone in what looked like full costume approaching them, hand retreating as Arson grumbled, not very happy that he stopped petting.

"Oh, don't speak so soon, here he comes." He grumbled under his breath, his mouth moving into a grim line as he listened to the way "Hachi" talked. Was it just him, or did the guy just sound too self righteous? Seriously, a ninja? "Namaste." He mocked, looking up from his position on the ground. He'd watched too many superhero shows, mostly about his favorite.
    [/SIZE]​

Spoiler:

NyxShooter

drifting wanderer
    Years
  • Starter Acquired​
    The moment Nyx pressed the small button on the center of the pokeball, he regretted nothing. He did not regret travelling all the way to this town, and he definitley did not regret leaving his home. It all payed off for this Totodile standing in front of him. Nyx stared at his Totodile with a smile "You're a Totodile!" he said. "Really? I never noticed that!" it responded with a very abundant use of sarcasm. Nyx continued staring at the Totodile, primarily at is claws. Nyx noticed its claws were not very sharp. He heard this was a defficiency in the region of Donji, that some pokemon may learn Tackle instead of Scratch. It slightly bothered Nyx, but nothing to worry about too much. Nyx grabbed the Totodile and started to pet him on his belly, mostly on the yello V shape on his body. The smooth skin was the best place to pet a Totodile from. "Dont get sarcastic with me Mister." Nyx says looking down at the tiny fiure, obviously enjoying the petting seminar. "Your new name will be Treason, because you look very treasonous." he said to the Totodile. "Treason...Treason..not too bad." the Totodile respond as the petting continued. Nyx asked his new friend if he ever had a previous master. "Nope! Im a fresh new Totodile, never been used before in battle!" the Totodile responded, which wasn't entirely a lie. The Totodile always had the cheeky adorable grin on him, Nyx was sure that the Totodile can easily chomp his arm off in one clean go. Nyx wrote down on a notepad he had in his backpack about pokemon he wanted to Further Examine. He planned on expanding the Notebook, it was his dream to know how ever single divergent species in the Pokemon World. He voiced his plan to Austin, he didn't seem very ecsatic, but thats ok. Austin will be his primary assistant. Nyx looks over at the Ninja coming over. He notices Austins distate at the guy. He leans over and whispers, barely audible just in case that ninja has elf ears, "You know this guy? He seems to be looking at you, I hope at least. Is he one of your friends who took too much meth and now thinks he's some sort of Naurto?"

Notebook Notes
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    Upon the xatu handing her new pokemon, Merita was glad that she could get going soon. Releasing what she hoped was chikorita, she caught it in her arms. "Hi." Chikorita greeted cheerfully. "Hi there chikorita. My name is Merita. Pleased to meet you!" Merita replied as she walked out the door, and then away from everyone else. "I think ill call you, Stella." "I'm good with that." Stella said, happy with her name. "I have something you may have." Merita said as she pulled out a treat from her bag. It resembled a chocolate cupcake. Stella took it from Merita and ate it. "Thank you." Stella mumbled with a mouthful of cupcake. Putting Stella on her head, Merita leaned against a tree and thought for awhile.

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • Samuel Robinson
    Mudkip!
    "Alright, this is the place." said a man riding a Pidgeot, with Samuel behind. "You can hop off now."

Samuel jumped off the Pokémon. "Thanks, Dad." he replied. Today was the day when Samuel would get his starter Pokémon. He was hoping to get a Mudkip, but considering the time, he was probably late. Hopefully nobody else had chosen it.

After a short walk, he reached the Lab. Excitedly, he ran through the door. Nobody was inside. Odd. Maybe they were in the back?

Yep. They were. Almost right away, the Professor, who Samuel assumed to be Erigwani, noticed him and turned his direction.

"S... sorry I'm late," Samuel said nervously.

"It's fine." the Professor said. "Foresight, get his Poké Ball, please."

Right on command, an Xatu swooped down over to Samuel and dropped a Poké Ball in his hands.

"Thanks," Samuel said, leaving the labratory to see what Pokémon he had recieved. He soon noticed that the other new Trainers were also out here.

Don't draw attention, Samuel thought. Just leave them alone and hopefully they'll do the same.

Taking his own advice, he continued to release his new Pokémon, which hopefully was a Mudkip. He called out whatever was inside his Poké Ball, and caught it in his arms.

"So you're my new trainer?" the Mudkip that materialized in Samuel's arms said happily.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Hachi Zenjubo
    The Ninja from Ransei
    His Explanation

Hachi looked at the two boys that he was certain were mocking him. He thought to himself, Ok, these two don't seem quite convinced that I am a real ninja. I should probably convince them that I am. Plus they don't know that I have received the Froakie from Professor Erigwani. Perhaps I should send it out to convince them.

He then tossed the Pokeball, and said, "Hanzo, time to reveal yourself." The Pokeball then opened revealing a light blue frog-like Pokemon. Hanzo then asked, "Sensei, you have summoned me for some reason?"

Hachi then said to the two boys, "I guess you two have not been to the Ransei region before. That is were I was originally from. There are several ninja in that region, mostly in the Kingdoms of Viperia and Yaksha. Also look at what I am wearing. It is a shinobi shozoku, which is what those that are trained in the art of ninjutsu wear. " He then looked at Hanzo and said, "Thank you for coming out."

Last edited:

crnage

sexy symbiote
    Years
  • Austin Strachen [size=-2]:: Wow, Just Wow[/size]
    -----------------

[SIZE=-2]Austin stared at Nyx and his Totodile, Treason, who seemed to already know full sentences, compared to his Cyndaquil who hadn't said anything more than one word. He scooped the tiny thing into his hands and held it up for his inspection, turning it around and around under a scrutinizing eye while it squirmed, then setting it back down in his lap. As soon as he did it set about biting at the strings on his sweatpants, like nothing had disturbed it's playtime. Austin braced his hands on his legs and gazed up at Nyx, voicing his worries.

"Man, your Totodile must be smart. You think mine's dysfunctional or something?" His brow creased as Nyx whispered something to him, shaking him head. "No, no. I mean, I don't think so. I'd think the guys I hang out with would go full out, like that rat guy from TMNT." He smiled at his own joke, frowning as Hachi let out the Pokémon the professor had also gifted him. Even the Froakie was able to form complicated phrases. Studying Arson again, he noticed he was bundling himself up in the loose gray clothing and letting out small squeals in fear, obviously put off by the amount of water-types surrounding him. Austin herded him into his hands and stood up, with a little difficulty, glowering up at Hachi before grumbling something down to the baby.

"Don't worry, little guy, I bet you could take both these losers out in a heartbeat." He muttered, scratching him on the tip of his long nose. "Can you say Arson?" Arson repeated his name back, making Austin smile. "Yeah, that's your name." Right then and there he decided that, no matter if his Pokémon was a slower learner than the others, he wouldn't love him any less and would treat him the best out of any of the other slumps.[/SIZE]​

Spoiler:

NyxShooter

drifting wanderer
    Years
  • Nyxs Steps​
    He chuckled at Austins comparison "You mean Splinter? Splinter's the bomb." he said. He also considered Austins preposition, but he was sure that Cyndaquil had no disabilities "I've never heard about Pokemon with speaking disabilities. I have heard pokemon who stutter, but Pokemon can form sentences from birth. Plus, I dont think these are your ordinary pokemon. My Totodile knows Tackle instead of Scratch, meaning that its move pool has been edited before." He said as he petted his Totodile. "And even if your pokemon DOES have a learning disability, it would be pretty god damn awesome. Your pokemon, in all of Donji, presumably, has a learning disability. To me, that is something amazing. 1 Pokemon out of the 700+ genus of pokemon, your pokemon is more special then all of them combined." He said with a very stern look. "But I dont think your Pokemon has a disability, it just looks extremely shy. It also still hasn't blazed up its back flames, which is a sign of being shy. I dont think you should worry about it." Nyx also whispers "I think you should worry a tad bit more about this "ninja" who looks like a street performer and wants or money."

Notebook Notes
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    Grabbing out a machine similar to a pokedex that Merita had made herself, she examined Stella. Her pokemon displayed this information based on its genetics:

Basic level:
    3 (!)

Attacks:
    Ancient Power (!)
    Vine Whip (!)

Nature:
    Naive

Genetic differences:
    ~Eyes sport leave marks in them.
    ~Legs are slightly long, suggesting slightly better speed.

Conclusion:
    Was bred to have better performance with better attacks and faster speed, but has a slightly slower growth.

Looking back up at Stella, Merita was amazed. "You are very unique, aren't you? Most starters are at level 5, but you are only a 3, but you possess a lot of power!" Merita hugged Stella as she spoke this. "I'm not that special, am I?" Stella asked, hoping she had not been found out. "Of course you are! You know ancient power, a breeding only move! Your weaknesses will fear your power! And you have Vinewhip, a good grass type attack to take out things that are not you weakness!" Merita exclaimed in excitement. Stella turned her head as a boy walked past, and called out a mudkip. Merita turned her head, an realized this person was not in the room when she yelled. ~Maybe I have another shot at a friend?~ She waited to see what he would do.

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • Samuel Robinson
    Skipper the "Gifted"

Samuel looked down at his Mudkip. "Uhh, yeah." he said. "That would be me.

"Great." Mudkip said. "So, we're gonna travel and stuff, right? Please tell me you won't stuff me in a building and leave me for someone else like the other guy, right?"

Samuel sighed. "'That other guy' was the Professor. He gives Pokémon to new trainers."

"Oh."

"Anyway, I think I'll call you Skipper." Samuel said. He had just noticed something odd about this Mudkip. "By the way, I thought Pokémon had to learn to speak. How do you already know how?"

"Uhh..." Skipper paused. "I'm... gifted."

Samuel rolled his eyes. Yeah, that was convincing. he thought. There's definitely something odd about Skipper. Samuel turned around, and saw a girl looking at him. Hopefully he could make at least one friend on this journey. So what if he was shy? He had managed to pull it off before, so this wouldn't be too hard. Just as long as he didn't draw too much attention to himself from the others. That wouldn't end well.

He approached the girl, Skipper happily skipping (pun not intended) behind him.

"Hi," Samuel said to her.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    "Um, Hi." Merita was surprised that HE had approached HER, and not the other way around. "Your Mudkip is really cute. Oh, my name is Merita, and this is Stella." "Nice to meet you!" "And who may you be, and may I ask why you were a little late? Not to be rude, of course." Merita blushed a little at her own blunt question. She stared at the boy, waiting for a response.

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • Samuel Robinson
    A Chance at Friendship

"Your Mudkip is really cute." the girl responded. "Oh, my name is Merita, and this is Stella."

Samuel looked down at Stella the Chikorita. "Nice to meet you!" she said. Samuel turned to Skipper, who looked at him innocently. Gifted, huh?

"And who may you be," she continued, "and may I ask why you were a little late? Not to be rude, of course."

Before answering, Samuel quickly looked around the area to see if anyone was eavesdropping. Nope, everyone was doing their own thing.

"Thanks," Samuel said. "I'm Samuel, just call me Sam." He looked down at Skipper. "And this here is Skipper. As to why I was late... long story short, when flying long distances on a Pidgeot, don't let it crash into a Fearow."

He waited for Merita's response.

Back