• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Misfits

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Any fans of this British sci-fi comedy-drama out there? For those interested, here's the Wikipedia blurb about the show:

Wikipedia said:
    Misfits follows five early-20s delinquents on community service in Wertham (a fictional borough in London), https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misfits_(TV_series)#cite_note-7who are caught outside during an electrical thunder storm and acquire special powers. Kelly (Lauren Socha) gains the ability to hear the thoughts of others, Curtis (Nathan Stewart-Jarrett) can rewind time after experiencing an immense sense of regret, Alisha (Antonia Thomas) sends people into a sexual frenzy when they touch her skin, Simon (Iwan Rheon) can become invisible, and Nathan (Robert Sheehan) at first demonstrates no power.

This is probably one of the most fun and inventive TV shows on the air right now: a superhero show that doesn't get bogged down by big moral dilemmas and cumbersome mythologies. It's also hilarious and often heartbreaking at the same time. UK viewers can catch up on 4oD, while US viewers can watch the show on Hulu. I dunno about other jurisdictions, unfortunately...

So, any fans out there?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Gosh, I love this. Shame that Nathan's leaving (well, last I heard he was anyway), his wit was one of the greatest things of the show. Actually, I tell a lie, the new parole officer guy in Series 2 was just awesome.

"Are you guys up to something?" "No." "Right, well, I think you are, but my shifts over and I don't really give a (4 letter word here)"

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Oh I loved this, so funny although there were a few awkward moments watching with my mum and little sister.

Like Heroes with chavs.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I never like it when people start with the Heroes comparison. That show was so cluttered by the weight of its own mythology (and that might happen with Series 3, what with all the stuff that went down re: Simon), and much less focused on its characters. It's understandable why people say it: ordinary people, extraordinary powers and all that. I just think it's very reductive to think of Misfits in those terms.

Rant over!

And yes, the show without Nathan is going to be interesting to say the least. He was such a charisma magnet - in many ways the centre of the show. Ah well... life goes on!

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Yeah, the Heroes comparison is annoying (my English teacher made the same comparison during someone's presentation about this sho a few years ago, boy did I get annoyed), but it doesn't seem to be weighed by it's own myths at the moment. I doubt it, anyway.

Interesting, I'd never really call Nathan a magnet of anything. More a repellant.

Defintely interested with next series, considering the end of last series. Nothing seems like it'll really be the same, with no Nathan and the potential of the powers themselves changing.

Dr. McNinja

Sir Harold of England
    Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2011
    Nathan is hilarious, when is the new series, by the way?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I'm going to a preview screening on Tuesday 11 October at the BFI - AND I'M GOING TO MEET THE CAST, ZOMG! - so I imagine it would come back sometime that week (it's always been on Thursdays, so I'd guess Thursday 13 October).

Her

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Ehhh, I used to be a fan of it. I enjoyed the first season, but the second season lost me because I found it, well, boring. Dare I say it; I found Nathan boring. But, it's good to see that it doesn't take itself too seriously and confuse everyone like Heroes, otherwise I would have never watched it at all.

Back