• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Misprint? or fake?

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    Hello, this is my first post on the forums, I was going through some cards I just purchased on eBay, and came across a jirachi that has what looks to be a wording error.. it says in the attack description 'know Dut' but I'm wondering if this is a misprint which is meant to say 'knocked out' or if it's a fake.

http:/ /s23.postimg.org/woebjtkt7/IMAG0353.jpg ( remove the space between the //...). Thanks in advance

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2015
    The effect is that the defending pokemon now only knows dut and knocks itself out XD

In all seriousness though, The text fond obviously gives away this card as a fake. I mean, Impact font, really?

Years
    Like RandomHype says: 100% fake. The most eye-catching giveaway is the use of Impact font, which has never been used on legitimate cards. However, there are some smaller, less noticeable tells, too, like the Metal Energy symbol used for the attack: Energy Symbols in Pokemon never look that flat. They are supposed to look at least as 3D as the Weakness, Resistance, and Retreat Cost energy symbols at the bottom of the card.

Also, there's a typo in the flavor text. I presume "wich" is supposed to be "wish".

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    Dang haha, thank you very much for the response :D and for the hints :)

Years
    There's probably more tells, but I'm posting from my phone right now, so highlighting your url is difficult and keeping me from seeing if could spot anything else that could help you spot fakes in the future.

Back