• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Miss Rant

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    So I was playing Rated Battles today, and I lost 4 out of the 5 battles. Why? Because every single battle, my pokemon seem to "MIss" their attacks A WHOLE LOT today!

The attack has 70% accuracy, it will miss.
    The attack has 80% accuracy, it will miss.
    The attack has 90% accuracy, it will miss.
    The attack has 95% accuracy, it will miss.
    The attack has 100% accuracy, it will STILL @#$%&#$ miss. Thanks to accuracy lowering moves, status effects and held items.
    If it has the slightest chance of missing, it will.

The worst part is that in rating battles, my opponents are fans of spamming Fissure, Horn Drill, and Sheer Cold, and 2 out of 3 times, it will work. I hate accuracy checks. Fought a Gastradon that was Choice Scarfed. Took out 2 Pokemon without even trying thanks to Fissure.

Funny thing is that the only reason why I won that ONE battle is because my opponent missed a Will-O-Wisp. Kinda ruins the fun of combat when you lost or won the battle only because someone "Missed" their attacks.

Anyone wants to discussed the BS that is the accuracy check? What about moves like Flash, Double Team, and other moves or items that lower accuracy. I wanna know everyone's thoughts.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I read the thread title as if "Miss Rant" was a person lol

But yeah, most competitive battlers hate miss hax and hate evasion boosting/accuracy lowering moves and items and those OHKO moves. No one likes matches to be decided by fucking luck of all things. Fortunately on Showdown there's OHKO clause and Evasion clause (wish they had this on cartridge too but gl getting that to happen), but ya can't really do much about moves with less than 100% accuracy missing....other than like using only moves with 100% accuracy lol

Years
  • This is exactly why I prefer 100% accuracy moves, even if they are not as strong. But I'd rather hit 2 Thunderbolt than miss 2 Thunder.

Fortunately, I've never come across any moves like Double Team (it's bad enough if the AI at the Battle Maison spams those), but today, I still had a very fun battle. And with fun, I mean terrible.

It was a double battle, my opponent was leading with Smeargle. It had Spiky Shield and Moody. The first boost raised evasiveness sharply. I felt like quitting right there, but then I just played along.
    Of course, my next attack missed, so he managed to put both of my Pokémon to sleep with Dark Void.
    Next turn, I missed again (of course), so he had all the time in the world to boost himself with Geomancy (+ Power Herb) and at the end of the turn, he got another evasion boost.
    Then, he passed all of his boosts to Mega Gardevoir with Heart Swap, but he just so happened to have gotten an accuracy drop by once due to Moody. So, we were both down to the last Pokémon and I still nearly won this battle. Miraculously, I had gotten a Leech Seed off at the Gardevoir and we were just sitting there, missing moves all the time, while the seed slowly chipped away at its health. He managed to land a Moon Blast in the end, when the damn thing was at less than half health and OHKO'd me.
    Probably the most annoying battle I've ever had.

Back