• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Miss the 2D Graphics Yet?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
  • I would like the 3D models somewhat more if they weren't still a lot less saturated than Gen 4/5's cute and colourful sprites. The SM ones are an improvement over the essentially greyscale XY models, but it's still not on par with sprites in terms of colour brightness or depth.

Years
  • I've now gotten used to the 3D that it would feel weird for me to suddenly go back to the 2D graphics. Sprites were more brightly coloured than the 3D models, but the 3D allows for more realism so it's equal.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2017
    I do miss the old sprites, especially from D/P and B/W. As some stated before me, the sprites were more vibrant in those games, while the 3D models seem very pale. I noticed this with some of my shinies, which disappointed me greatly. I think the 3D models would have looked better if they were as dark as the 3D models from Colosseum and XD. I could be remembering wrong, but I recall really liking the 3D models of the Pokemon from those games.

Back