• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Missing types on pokemon.

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2018
    Are there any pokemon that you think should be a type, but arent?
    The only example i have of this is psyduck/golduck.

They should be part psychic. they learn psychic type moves, their pokedex entries mention telekinetic powers, and psyduck actually has half of the word psychic in its name.

the ****.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • I agree with the psyduck thing. Psy is in its god damn name.
    Huntail and Gorebyss should be water/dark and water/psychic, in pokemon ranger there assist types are psychic and dark
    Luxio and Luxray should be Electric/Dark
    Volbeat and Illumise should be Bug/Electric
    And Gligar and Gliscor should be Bug/Flying

Sunny Castform

Hoenn Traveler
    Years
  • I agree with the psyduck thing. Psy is in its god damn name.
    Huntail and Gorebyss should be water/dark and water/psychic, in pokemon ranger there assist types are psychic and dark
    Luxio and Luxray should be Electric/Dark
    Volbeat and Illumise should be Bug/Electric
    And Gligar and Gliscor should be Bug/Flying

Volbeat and Illumise with secondary electric type would be amazing. I agree with all these except for Gligar and Gliscor. I've always thought a Bug/Ground typing with the Levitate ability would suit them.

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2018
    a half dark type luxray would be sick.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
    Years
  • Volbeat and Illumise with secondary electric type would be amazing. I agree with all these except for Gligar and Gliscor. I've always thought a Bug/Ground typing with the Levitate ability would suit them.
    Absolutely agreed. The last thing we need is another stupid Bug/Flying. (I'm still furious there are tons of Bug/Flys, YET THE TWO BUGS THAT CAN ACTUALLY LEARN FLY AREN'T EVEN FLYING TYPE.) It's a waste to have a flying type that doesn't even learn Fly.

Also, Gyarados should've really been Water/Dragon, and Glalie Ice/Dark.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2014
    As much as it doesn't suit something you encounter so early in the game: Staraptor for Fighting/Flying. Seriously. Close Combat and Brave Bird and BOTH get STAB on top of really nice attack and speed? Yes please.

Also, the hell is up with Butterfree learning Confusion by level-up when it's a Bug-Flying. Would be interesting to see what it could do with a Bug/Psychic combination.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • The ones I agree with are;

Golduck - Water/Psychic
    Gorebyss - Water/Psychic
    Huntail - Water/Dark
    Gyarados - Water/Dragon

However, I don't see luxray as 'evil' and the two bugs would have no way to store electricity. Fighting and Flying, don't really suit each other in my opinion. Gligar can't really levitate and ground, flying type suits it perfectly. I don't really see Glalie being a dark type either. o.O These are just my opinions though.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • The ones I agree with are;

Golduck - Water/Psychic
    Gorebyss - Water/Psychic
    Huntail - Water/Dark
    Gyarados - Water/Dragon

However, I don't see luxray as 'evil' and the two bugs would have no way to store electricity. Fighting and Flying, don't really suit each other in my opinion. Gligar can't really levitate and ground, flying type suits it perfectly. I don't really see Glalie being a dark type either. o.O These are just my opinions though.

Volbeat and Illumise probably store it in their tail or somewhere else because they can learn shockwave, thunderbolt and thunder through tms.

I sometimes think of glalie as ice/rock seeing as its Ruby pokedex enrty says 'Glalie has a body made of rock, which it hardens with an armor of ice'. Seems its body is actually rock yet it dosen't have that type. Game Freak work in mysterious ways

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Mawile should be Steel and Dark. Everybody knows this, I mean come on, most of it's move pool is dark moves, yet no type matching? It's bogus.

Btw: I agree with Gorebyss being Water Psychic. That would be freaking awesome! Especially with it's large psychic move pool. Make it more awesome than it already is.
    Huntail being dark is suitable, I could see it.

@cazzler Dark=/=Evil. I have never ever thought of dark pokemon as being evil and it's silly to ever think that IMO. I look at dark pokemon as pokemon who will gladly use underhanded tactics to win. I mean let's face it, dark pokemon are all about the "Sabotage your opponent to win." A lot of the best moves involve using underhanded support moves to limit your opponents options. That's not evil, that's just using smart tactical thinking.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I think that Horsea and Seadra should have been Water/Dragon. After all, their species name is "Dragon," and they can learn Dragon moves, just like Kingdra.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    Gyarados: Water/Dragon
    Sentret: Ground
    Furret: Ground
    Hoothoot: Psychic/Flying
    Noctowl: Psychic/Flying
    Porygon: Psychic/Electric
    Porygon2: Psychic/Electric
    Lugia: Water/Flying
    Grovyle: Grass/Fighting
    Sceptile: Grass/Fighting
    Milotic: Water/Psychic
    Huntail: Water/Dark
    Gorebyss: Water/Psychic

self-explanatory.

7Mufasa7

Velohsytea
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    pinsir = bug/fighting
    clefable = normal/psychic
    manatine = just water

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • Psyduck/Golduck: Water/Psychic
    Gyarados: Water/Dragon
    Pinsir: Bug/Fighting
    Hoothoot/Noctowl: Psychic/Flying
    Gorebyss: Water/Psychic
    Huntail: Water/Dark
    Groudon: Ground/Fire
    Staraptor: Fighting/Flying
    Samurott: Water/Fighting
    Rufflet/Braviary: Fighting/Flying

I think these are all pretty self-explanatory, now aren't they?

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    I agree with the part that Volbeat and Illumise should be part of electric type. As well as Luxray should be dark type(just make them more ferocious, and all done. they are lions after all). But I can't stand it if Gyarados should be dragon type. Its too cliched and booring.

Samurott absolutely the one that should have fighting type, not another fire/fight type. As well as Serperior and Sceptile should be part of dragon. But Game Freak sure loves to troll on us.

I think that Horsea and Seadra should have been Water/Dragon. After all, their species name is "Dragon," and they can learn Dragon moves, just like Kingdra.
    They are called dragon pokemon and can learn their moves. But lorific saying, they have yet to gain mistical to make them 'dragon". Just like Swablu.

DiabloMask

Pokemon creator
    Years
  • I think Gastly and Haunter should be ghost and dark rather than poison!!
    they don't usually use poison moves, so why?!
    Noctowl too should be psychic.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • For some odd reason I still believe that the Shinx evolution line should be Dark/Electric because they can learn a lot of Dark type moves and they look kind of like a dark type move.

:t354:TG

Whitefire321

Person that sprites. Woo hoo.
    Years
  • When i first caught a shinx [first wild pokemon seen/caught in first 4th gen game owned. woot go ele-kittehz!], i thought it evolved into glameow [wtk? lol whut?] and was... ah... vocabular where are you when i need you... i was happily surprised when i evolved it twice [it replaced my starter pokemon, lol] and got the epic lion that is Luxray. It even has an X in its name [at that time i thought that if a pokemons name had an uncommon letter in it, it was somehow better than other mons |D yeah, Quagasire...] oo, fanceh. i go to check its type, expecting the first electric/dark type, and the dark type wuz MISSINGZ. i thought i had a glitchy game. lolfail.

Long rant aside, I agree with luxio/luxray being dark/electric.

as an opposite to the topic, why in the name of arceus is altaria DRAGON TYPE? if they were trying to make a 'girly' dragon then why not make milotic wtr/dgn? it looks more dragon than the blue bird, IMO.

Back