• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Misty or May?

Misty or May

• Misty

Votes: 55 57.3%
  • May

Votes: 41 42.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasumi

Kasumi & Satoshi forever!
    Years
    Great words White winter wolf! And I think Misty is very romance! She was even crying a few times because she was afraid about Ash :)

Years
    Well, that's all up to the user, cold_katanagirl. Of course, if you support that person, it's hard to hate that person at the same time!
    It was kind of a joke...
    For some reason, though, it looks like May is more into romance than Misty is...
    There have been more episodes involving romance in it with May than there was Misty. (either that or my memory is really rusty...)
    I think it's about the same. I remember a handful of episodes with Misty going crazy about romance. That Whirl Cup episode with the Silver Wing comes to mind.
    And I have to argue about the fact that May is just following Ash for adventure. If that's the fact, then why doesn't she just go off on her own? And how can May not take care of her Pok?mon if she's already won two contests ribbons? If you want to argue, at least give some information on why you think so with evidence!
    I think May probably forced herself onto Ash was so she could have protection or something like that. I dunno...

obelisk-kun

GO HINATA KICK NEJI'S ASS!!!!!
    Years
    cold_katanagirl said:
    What are you talking about? How many times has May said she wanted to date someone? She's just obsessed with romance.
    i never said anything about romance that time+while ash gos to pokecenters may buys clothes

[/QUOTE]Oh, there's lots of reasons to hate Misty. You just have to dig them up.[/QUOTE]
    no there are not

lucious_dia

Diamond in the Rough
    Years
    pokedude55 said:
    i never said anything about romance that time+while ash gos to pokecenters may buys clothes

Oh, there's lots of reasons to hate Misty. You just have to dig them up
    no there are not

1. That bit about Ash goes to pokecenters while May buys clothes is kind of biased. She has gotten way better now than when she started. I've never seen her buy clothes....*thinks* Thrill me with that.

2. There aren't alot of reasons to hate Misty, but that doesn't mean there aren't any. It's different because you obviously like her, while some don't. Matter of opinions.

obelisk-kun

GO HINATA KICK NEJI'S ASS!!!!!
    Years
    lucious_dia said:
    [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue

2. It's different because you obviously like her, while some don't. Matter of opinions.[/COLOR]
    you have a point but name one for me look at my sig and you will know that i do not like misty i love her

Brendon

TEAM AQUA RULES!
    Years
    I voted for misty 'cause thats how my girl friend was.A bit bossy, cool ,and loved water pokemon

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    White_Winter_Wolf said:
    Who saved Ash in Pokemon 2000? Misty.
    Terrible argument for several reasons.

1) Haruka wasn't even around that time.
    2) Kasumi wasn't the only person around that provided help to Satoshi.
    3) Saving someone's life does not mean you love them. Ever thought that maybe, just maybe, she didn't want to lose one of her friends?

White_Winter_Wolf said:
    Who left Rudy for Ash? Misty.
    She was the only girl he flirted with and offered to stay with him. Haruka wasn't around. And think about it. Would you stay with some schmuck you JUST MET and claims he's in love with you automatically and offers you everything? Or would you rather stay with your friend that you've known for over a year and know that you'll end up having more adventures and fun experiences by tagging along rather than sitting around at an island?

Just because she chose a friend over someone who says they're in love with her only after meeting her for a few days doesn't mean she has feelings for Satoshi. :|

White_Winter_Wolf said:
    Misty is so the better girl. Besides May is to young for Ash, Misty is only like one year older then him. May is like three years younger. And Misty is a better trainer.
    Three years younger is SUCH a big age difference. e_e; </sarcasm> I fail to see any excusable reasons as to why Kasumi's more suited to be Satoshi's girlfriend (which he doesn't even have any interest in wanting one). And what exactly makes Kasumi a better trainer? We haven't even really seen her participate too much in battles to begin with. Haruka's been in more battles in Houen than we've seen Kasumi battle in Kanto, Orange Islands and Jouto put together. Plus considering how far Haruka made it in the Contests, I doubt she's a weak trainer. But then again, Haruka's NOT a trainer to begin with. She's a Coordinator while Kasumi's a Gym Leader (only due to her sisters passing the rank down to her due to them slacking off).

Yetsu

The Future is here...
    Years
    Um, I chose Misty cause she's just awesome in my opinion... ^^ ;; May's just another one of those bubbly-blonde types that you see everywhere (especially in Sailor Moon), while our favorite redhead had something to prove. Er... At least to her sisters. And she's better developed (personality-wise), more real (physically speaking...), and has more... Never mind. I'm done. ^^

Yetsu

The Future is here...
    Years
    Elite Trainer Raven said:
    Terrible argument for several reasons.

3) Saving someone's life does not mean you love them. Ever thought that maybe, just maybe, she didn't want to lose one of her friends?

She was the only girl he flirted with and offered to stay with him. Haruka wasn't around. And think about it. Would you stay with some schmuck you JUST MET and claims he's in love with you automatically and offers you everything? Or would you rather stay with your friend that you've known for over a year and know that you'll end up having more adventures and fun experiences by tagging along rather than sitting around at an island?

Just because she chose a friend over someone who says they're in love with her only after meeting her for a few days doesn't mean she has feelings for Satoshi. :|

Three years younger is SUCH a big age difference. e_e; </sarcasm> I fail to see any excusable reasons as to why Kasumi's more suited to be Satoshi's girlfriend (which he doesn't even have any interest in wanting one). And what exactly makes Kasumi a better trainer? We haven't even really seen her participate too much in battles to begin with. Haruka's been in more battles in Houen than we've seen Kasumi battle in Kanto, Orange Islands and Jouto put together. Plus considering how far Haruka made it in the Contests, I doubt she's a weak trainer. But then again, Haruka's NOT a trainer to begin with. She's a Coordinator while Kasumi's a Gym Leader (only due to her sisters passing the rank down to her due to them slacking off).

Oh, wow... I just wanted to quote this... XD

So what? Haruka's around now and we have yet to see her dive into any form of trouble in order to help Satoshi out, or be held back by Takeshi or her brother while trying to run after him.

Kasumi may not have been the only one who helped Satoshi out, but she was the main source of assistance. She's the one who jumped into the freezing water and swam out into the middle of the ocean in order to retrieve him, wearing only a tanktop, short-shorts, etc... Kenji did pull them back in, but he sure didn't risk his butt out there like she did.

Wait, then I don't understand some of the other people. Furura was willing to go after him, but Kenji wasn't? Someone who they just met, like, 24 hours ago, was willing to go, but a friend they'd travelled with for over a few months wasn't? If we're talking friend-to-friend, here, I'd say that there's still an issue...

Well, actually, it's all ready a fact that it took Kasumi quite awhile to come out with her answer. Since she's such a romantic, a schmuk that's willing to give her anything and everything might actually be more appealing. She'd have a little sister to look up to her, rather than the three ungrateful older siblings waiting for her back home, and she'd live on the ocean, still able to train and reach her dream.

That she chose Satoshi after all that makes a lot of fans wonder if it's because she feels that there might be something more worthwhile, someone better to care for.

Actually, it seems that when you're a teenager, three or more years is something to worry about when looking for a GF/BF. As for the better suited, I still go for Kasumi... She and Satoshi have similar interests, an actual heartfelt liking to Pokemon and battling (which Haruka didn't even have at the beginning), strength of will so that the relationship would be better-balanced, a brain... She did help Ash train for the leagues by helping him learn some of the skills she knew... She realized right off the bat that rescuing a Pokemon from a life-threatening situation was more worthy of her time than running off to teach her sisters what she could do...

What makes Kasumi a better trainer? Years of experience. We know that Satoshi has an edge on Haruka, we know that Kasumi has beaten Satoshi once, tied with him at least once, and almost beaten him plenty of other times.

And Haruka's being a Coordinator doesn't excuse her training Pokemon, does it? I mean, she's still battling up on that stage, just with a little extra flash...

Also, Kasumi's sisters may have slacked off a bit, but their were other courses of action that they could have taken, rather than handing down the leadership to their sister... They could have closed it down, found a substitute leader, taken an intern under their wing and left them with the responsibility... We all know that the three older sisters never really felt that Kasumi could match up to their ability, but they still chose her to manage the gym.

PIKA POWER!

PI-KA-CHOO!
    Years
    MISTY!!! I MISS YOU!!!!! U WERE SO HOTT!!!!... lol :P
    Misty or May?
    ... do i really have to say more... :D

Kronos

Shooting Star
    Years
    Can we say both? [Too hard to decide]
    May looks a little bit more modern...
    Misty likes water types like me..

Id say both

Years
    ... What?
    no there are not
    Yes there are. It just depends on your opinion.

Hate to be annoying, but most respond, even though nothing was directed at me at all. Because I'm getting paid to be a replacement in a debate team and I need to practice... o.0
    So what? Haruka's around now and we have yet to see her dive into any form of trouble in order to help Satoshi out, or be held back by Takeshi or her brother while trying to run after him.
    Ash hasn't really been in too many situations where his butt needs to be saved. Not that I can remember, I really haven't been watching the show for a while due to all the school stuff going on since it's the end of the year.

But you got to admit, you don't see Ash swinging on a vine in a Tarzan like thing to save Misty huh? But I missed that episode, I only saw the pictures...
    Kasumi may not have been the only one who helped Satoshi out, but she was the main source of assistance. She's the one who jumped into the freezing water and swam out into the middle of the ocean in order to retrieve him, wearing only a tanktop, short-shorts, etc... Kenji did pull them back in, but he sure didn't risk his butt out there like she did.

Wait, then I don't understand some of the other people. Furura was willing to go after him, but Kenji wasn't? Someone who they just met, like, 24 hours ago, was willing to go, but a friend they'd travelled with for over a few months wasn't? If we're talking friend-to-friend, here, I'd say that there's still an issue...
    What I found weird was that Melody was willing to jump out there and save Ash, but Tracy sort of just stood around like an idiot from what I recall.

Then again, it's not like Tracy ever did anything useful to begin with, so I guess what's the reason...

Not to mention the movie was a Pokeshipping thing, so it's natural Misty would save Ash I guess.
    Well, actually, it's all ready a fact that it took Kasumi quite awhile to come out with her answer. Since she's such a romantic, a schmuk that's willing to give her anything and everything might actually be more appealing. She'd have a little sister to look up to her, rather than the three ungrateful older siblings waiting for her back home, and she'd live on the ocean, still able to train and reach her dream.
    I really don't think Misty was thinking about her sisters and her dream when Rudy asked her to stay with him, she was probably deciding between Ash and Rudy. That's just me though...
    That she chose Satoshi after all that makes a lot of fans wonder if it's because she feels that there might be something more worthwhile, someone better to care for.
    She probably chose Ash because she liked him more than Rudy. Obviously. ^^
    Actually, it seems that when you're a teenager, three or more years is something to worry about when looking for a GF/BF.
    Three years isn't really that bad, even with teenagers. I guess it depends on teens, because here we have about four years age difference in middle school couples.

But this is a show. Since when does age really matter with anything in shows?
    She and Satoshi have similar interests,
    I'm getting confused about Ash and Misty's interests. I keep hearing their opposites, then they're just alike...
    an actual heartfelt liking to Pokemon and battling (which Haruka didn't even have at the beginning),
    Well, yeah. But May ditched her dislike of pokemon quick.
    a brain...
    May isn't contarded. o.0
    She did help Ash train for the leagues by helping him learn some of the skills she knew...
    I think you're giving Misty too much credit. I remember her giving advice every once in a while, but not as much as it seems you're implying. I think I remember Brock giving Ash more advice than Misty did. Maybe I'm just not remember right...
    What makes Kasumi a better trainer? Years of experience.
    Well, yeah.
    We know that Satoshi has an edge on Haruka, we know that Kasumi has beaten Satoshi once, tied with him at least once, and almost beaten him plenty of other times.
    Ash was an idiot when he battled Misty in the Whirl Cup. I don't understand why he attacked Psyduck's head, he could have killed Misty in that battle.

Come to think of it, I don't even see how Misty did so well at all in the tournament seeing as she hardly ever did anything in that region. Oh well...
    And Haruka's being a Coordinator doesn't excuse her training Pokemon, does it? I mean, she's still battling up on that stage, just with a little extra flash...
    May trains her pokemon for coordinating more than Misty did for battling from what I recall. And that's pretty sad seeing as Misty had Kanto, Orange Islands, AND Johto.
    Also, Kasumi's sisters may have slacked off a bit, but their were other courses of action that they could have taken, rather than handing down the leadership to their sister... They could have closed it down, found a substitute leader, taken an intern under their wing and left them with the responsibility... We all know that the three older sisters never really felt that Kasumi could match up to their ability, but they still chose her to manage the gym.
    They didn't really have time to get an intern. And it seemed like a weak excuse to get Misty to leave to me...

Kasumi

Kasumi & Satoshi forever!
    Years
    you have a point but name one for me look at my sig and you will know that i do not like misty i love her
    I love her so much too :) I think ofcourse there aren't any reasons.
    But I don't understand why you were discussing about May wchich buy clothes (in PC?!) which has never bought clothes XD

- TJ -

\o/
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2005
    voted for May , because i like Contest Battles over that stupid water pkmn...

Jesse GS the II

Can't find a good avatar
    Years
    Basically, I think what it comes down to is this: If Misty were to come back like so many of you want her to...just what exactly would she do?

Think about it. The reason that the writers got rid of Misty was because she wasn't doing anything interesting anymore. They brought in May so they could have a female lead whom viewers would find interesting. As long as May keeps participating in contests, she won't get stale like Misty did. When May catches a new Pok?mon, she puts it to good use in the contests. When Misty caught new Pok?mon, she caught them just for the sake of having them. And furthermore, May's goal of being a Master Coordinator is clearly defined, whereas Misty never even had a goal to begin with (or at least not one she could act upon - she was waiting for Ash to pay her back for the bike). And the only thing she had left that was unresolved is gone too - Togepi evolved and then left. Finally, the HoSos she's appeared in have firmly established that she's found a niche at her gym again. Misty has totally run her course, and there's nothing left for her to do anymore. May, on the other hand, still has potential.

So before you go on and on about how you want Misty back because May sucks, give it a second thought - would you rather the show continue its upswing of well-plotted episodes with believable character development, or do you want to fall back into a mid-to-late Johto dreckfest?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back