• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Misty

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2008
    how many of you liked Misty, think she should come back, or both? i'd like to know.

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    I didn't like Misty, I loved her. I think she was the best female character in the show. She was firey and funny but also caring and kind.

I obiously would love for her to come back and hopefully she will someday.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2008
    I didn't like Misty, I loved her. I think she was the best female character in the show. She was firey and funny but also caring and kind.

I obiously would love for her to come back and hopefully she will someday.

thank you i totally agree. :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Well, in regards to your question, I'd say that I both am loyal to her and also want her to return to the main cast (not only that, but I will work hard to make sure it happens.).

I mean, I won't get into all the details since something might go wrong if i do, but let's just say that her portrayal in regards to all anime females is literally quite unique compared to them, And personally, I like that, since at least it doesn't well demean women.

anyways, that's all for now.

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
    We all liked Misty, but frankly, I feel she shouldn't return. We don't want the infamous "Johto Disaster" to happen again, do we?

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
    I loved Misty but I also like all the new female characters. I was sad when she left but it was interesting to have a new main character on board. I guess we have to learn to love the new ones!

I hope she comes back one day...if only for a little while. *sigh*

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    I'd love to see Misty return to the Main Cast. I re-watched the Season One episodes and remembered how funny she is. I LOVE Misty and want her to return.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
    I think bringing her back would be a step backwards.
    We all know she's not into contests and honestly, it would be weird if the writers suddenly gave her that ambition.
    So I don't see her replacing Dawn or any other future female co-star for that matter.

Having her back for guest appearances would be great though.

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    I think that next season the writers should ditch Brock as part of the main gang, Dawn should go to compete in contests somewhere and as a twist introduce the Male character from the next Generation. If there is not another Generation then Brendan/Lucus would work just as well. The Male would be the Contest enterer and Misty would replace Brock. The only thing Brock brings is the occasional 'Comic Releif' when he meets Girls which is extremely old now and either way it was funnier with Misty :/

Extreme

Ex Captain of the 5th Division
    Years
    I think bringing her back would be a step backwards.
    We all know she's not into contests and honestly, it would be weird if the writers suddenly gave her that ambition.
    So I don't see her replacing Dawn or any other future female co-star for that matter.

Having her back for guest appearances would be great though.

Yeah I completely agree, I don't want her to come back to the series as a main character. If she were to make a guest appearance that would be ok.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
    I agree, Misty could replace Brock. I think Misty have a bigger fanbase than Brock.
    Brock is essential since he's the cook, but somehow they got by without him in the orange islands.

I don't think they would replace Dawn with a male character because the main reason they introduced contests was to attract more female fans.

But wouldn't it be awkward if Ash were to travel with two girls?

Extreme

Ex Captain of the 5th Division
    Years
    I agree, Misty could replace Brock. I think Misty have a bigger fanbase than Brock.
    Brock is essential since he's the cook, but somehow they got by without him in the orange islands.

I don't think they would replace Dawn with a male character because the main reason they introduced contests was to attract more female fans.

But wouldn't it be awkward if Ash were to travel with two girls?

Yeah, it would be really awkward. Misty is probably going to nag all the time, and is probably going to end up fighting with both Dawn and Ash because they are somewhat alike.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    The writers won't bring Misty back because everyone complained about her in Johto. Are you guys forgetting that Misty was absolutely hated after the Johto saga?

The writers probably feel that most people don't want her back which is why they purposely ignore her.

Kasu-chan

her dearest wish~
    Years
    People seem to have the mentality that Togepi has destroyed her characters and that she supposedingly did nothing. I think that she has matured since Johto but she still has her temper, the fear of bugs, and her love for water pokemon. I don't know, I personally think that a lot of people consider her to be extremely boring but what the hell. She's the gym leader of the Cerulean Gym, meaning she has a lot of responsiblity, not to mention that she has to keep her older sisters in line. I know how that feels like, trust me. xD I just find her to be a wonderful character as well as being my absolute favorite out of everyone.

I don't kow whether she should stay with Ash and Co. I mean, I wouldn't complain not one bit about that, but I find that cameos work for her best. If we ever get Hosos/Chronicles back, I'll definitely look forward to that. I still think that a few things about her are still left unanswered, especially with the big question whether she still has feelings for Ash [but that's another story]. I find that her pokemon need lots of development so if she ever gets episodes, I'd love to see focus on Horsea, Starmie, and her new additions. Or better yet, have her character develop like Daisy giving her driving lessons or spending a day with Lily or Violet. You know, stuff like that. I'll be thrilled to watch that, and it'll be a great treat for any Misty fan. :3

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
    I think that next season the writers should ditch Brock as part of the main gang, Dawn should go to compete in contests somewhere and as a twist introduce the Male character from the next Generation. If there is not another Generation then Brendan/Lucus would work just as well. The Male would be the Contest enterer and Misty would replace Brock. The only thing Brock brings is the occasional 'Comic Releif' when he meets Girls which is extremely old now and either way it was funnier with Misty :/
    I think that's a great idea! We need a new male character instead of a new female! Let's bring Misty back and ditch Brock for a few seasons! I'll miss his sudowoodo though...:( The new guy can give us comic releif.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2010
    One of the great parts about Misty is that her temper is competely random! It intrigued me, and I'm sure others, because you never knew what to expect from her unlike the other characters such as Brook (who just likes to cook and fall in love with women =P).

gigi44

Ruthless Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2008
    I liked Misty more than all the other girls. Misty was unique and she make me laugh, unlike the other girls. I miss it when she would hit on and yell at Ash and Brock. Also unlike the other girls, she knew how to fight. I am sick of these pokemon coordinators.

Back