• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

mix of questions for trainers, sprites, and abilities

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2019
    I have a few questions (I'm new at using essentials and love it so bare with me)

I noticed that a lot of the moves have the same animation for example surf, how would I fully animate that to actually get the tidal wave and not just a fly attack type of animation

how do I use the special ability scripts for the new gen 7 pokemon like the Tapu's when the battle field changes?

I also noticed the size of my trainers are huge now (since upgrading to essentials) so I was wondering what size format they need to be in so the height is proper during a battle sequence

and I was wondering if anyone has or knows where to find front and back sprites of all Vivvilion patterns as well as shiny front and back sprites of Mega Rayquaza, Mega Diance, and Mega Garchomp. When I upgraded to essentials those were not included

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
    I have a few questions (I'm new at using essentials and love it so bare with me)

I noticed that a lot of the moves have the same animation for example surf, how would I fully animate that to actually get the tidal wave and not just a fly attack type of animation
    Read the EBS documentation. You'll have to make the animation yourself anyway. You can either hand-code them in like with the rest of EBS animations, or go the old fashioned way. The Essentials wiki has documentation on how to set up move animations, EBS has documentation on how to use those animations. Read the documentation.

how do I use the special ability scripts for the new gen 7 pokemon like the Tapu's when the battle field changes?
    Gen 7 mechanic (hence the new moves and abilites) do not exist in Essentials, but M3rein made a big Gen 7 Pack that may or may not contain what you're looking for. Otherwise you're out of luck and will have to code in those new abilites yourself. Maruno can chime in here, but from what I've gathered I wouldn't expect gen 7 support in Essentials any time soon.

I also noticed the size of my trainers are huge now (since upgrading to essentials) so I was wondering what size format they need to be in so the height is proper during a battle sequence
    Read the EBS documentation.

and I was wondering if anyone has or knows where to find front and back sprites of all Vivvilion patterns as well as shiny front and back sprites of Mega Rayquaza, Mega Diance, and Mega Garchomp. When I upgraded to essentials those were not included
    Gen 6 and gen 7 aren't included in Essentials. And there currently aren't too many complete packs out there, but the Resources section has plenty of them.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2019
    thanks for the reply Luka, I did not remember that not all generations were included in the files, I had been sick for awhile so I stopped working on my project and forgot. My apologies for the silly question.

you're right i should have read all of the EBS documents but I didn't. I got excited about finally starting this and got ahead of myself. I am reading the trainer area now but have not noticed the exact size's the sprites need to be after updating to the elite battle system

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
    thanks for the reply Luka, I did not remember that not all generations were included in the files, I had been sick for awhile so I stopped working on my project and forgot. My apologies for the silly question.

you're right i should have read all of the EBS documents but I didn't. I got excited about finally starting this and got ahead of myself. I am reading the trainer area now but have not noticed the exact size's the sprites need to be after updating to the elite battle system

The sprites don't really have much of a formatting you have to worry about. There are 2 key parts:
    • Each frame of the sprite (if you're using a spritesheet format or entire sprite if you have just the single frame) have to be of squared dimensions.
    • The sprites shouldn't follow the usual upscaling conventions of Essentials. If for some reason you want to have the pixel ratio blown up to 200%, you will have to account for that within the Settings script of EBS.
    Other than that, there is no set dimension they have to be (i.e. they can be as little as 40 x 40 or as big as 200 x 200), as their positioning on screen gets determined differently in EBS than it does in regular Essentials battle system.

Back