• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mixing Editions

billie_lightning

Lightning Queen
Years
  • I'm NOT planning on using my decks in an official tournament but I still like to make sure that what I'm doing isn't taboo.
    So there's Pearl and Diamond edition cards and then there was Platinum and now there's SoulSilver and HeartGold Editions.
    Would it be wrong of me to make a deck (for recreational purposes) that uses Pokemon from all of those editions? Like, for example, Shinx from Platinum edition and Pichu from Pearl and Diamond and Pikachu & Raichu from Platinum and then a couple other electric Pokemon from the new SoulSilver HeartGold series?
    I know that if they're Team Galatic Pokemon they have to evolve into/evolve from Team Galatic Pokemon. That much is clear to me. But what are the rules when it comes to editions? Because the only way you can tell they were from the same set of cards is by looking at the bottom right corner. So it's not like it matters, right?

Back