• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

MMZ is here (OU RMT)

MM_Zero

Resurrected warrior
    Years
    Some of you will find this very, very wierd considering I've been here for quite a while. This is my first NORMAL OU team! Every other team I have built has been a theme/monotype team. Yup, everyone. Though everything I build isn't just off the bat so, I'd like you all to look at this team I built around my name and favorite game, Megaman Zero.

MMZ is here (OU RMT)

Scizor (Zero) @ Choice Band
    Adamant / Technician
    252 Atk, 252 Speed, 6 HP
    X-Scissor
    Pursuit
    Bullet Punch
    Superpower

Megaman Zero is the most powerful reploid in existence, and is the powerhouse on my team. One swing of his powerful Z-Saber (X-Scissor lol) destroys anything that doesnt resist it. Superpower is for things like heatran who think they have a free switch in. Pursuit is for fleeing things like Blissey and Bullet Punch is to finish off anything fast that thinks they can come in.

MMZ is here (OU RMT)

Skarmory (Harpuia) @ Leftovers
    Impish / Keen Eye
    252 HP, 96 Atk, 156 Def, 4 speed
    Roost
    Brave Bird
    Spikes
    Whirlwind

Harpuia is the leader of the 4 guardians, and a good one at that. He's very bulky enough to set up spikes, which has the potential to do much more than stealth rock thanks to being able to use it 3 times. I can whirlwind away threats, making them eat continual spikes damage. I can roost when it seems its time for skarmory to die, and I can somewhat hurt things with a Brave Bird. I am considering stealth rock, but spikes overall does more damage to non floating stuff, and the rest of my team can handle flying hazards with ease.

MMZ is here (OU RMT)

Suicune (Leviathan) @ Life Orb
    Modest / Pressure
    252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed, 6 HP
    Calm Mind
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    HP Electric

Leviathan is the most graceful of the 4 guardians, but is very powerful as well. Just one calm mind makes her an offensive powerhouse. Surf is the usual fare, while Ice Beam are to hit other things like annoying dragons. HP Electric is a nasty suprise for other bulky waters.

MMZ is here (OU RMT)

Infernape (Fefnir) @ Expert Belt
    Jolly / Blaze
    252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    Swords Dance
    Flare Blitz
    Close Combat
    Stone Edge

A physical-based Infernape? You bet. Fefnir is the most combat built of the 4 guardians, and packs absolute monstrosity in his attacks, its not even funny. Flare Blitz is insanely powerful after a swords dance, but the problem is that I take a whole lot of recoil damage. But that can be used to my advantage for Blaze to activate for an unimaginable last blow.

MMZ is here (OU RMT)

Gengar (Phantom) @ Life Orb
    Timid / Levitate
    252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed, 6 Hp
    Psychic
    Shadow Ball
    Thunderbolt
    Focus Blast

Phantom is a stealthy member of the 4 guardians, and can turn the tide around when I need him too. He's a great revenge killer, and can certainly help me when I need it. Shadow Ball is STAB and offers good coverage. Thunderbolt is for coverage on flying...stuff lol. Psychic is simply for coverage, and Focus Blast is so i'm not totally pwned by Heatran.

MMZ is here (OU RMT)

Blissey (Ciel) @ Leftovers
    Careful / Natural Cure
    252 Def, 252 Sp. Def, 4 HP
    Wish
    Softboiled
    Seismic Toss
    Thunder Wave

Ciel is the leader of the resistance, and the girl Zero fights to protect. Well apparently she ate a lot of cake one day..... Anywho, its your standard wishbliss who is my main special wall. Toxic is meant so it can stall with protect and wish. Ice Beam is just an attack, though I may take out for flamethrower.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Infernape : - Use Jolly and Stone Edge >> Hp ice. Expert Belt is nice here due to the recoil and guarantees you OHKO Mence and Gyarados EVEN after an Intimidate after an SD.

Blissey : - Blissey wants Seismic Toss or Raikou (who is getting more common now) poops on it which is sad and pretty much and anything with sub lols at it. Even stuff your supposed to beat like Torrent Petaya Empoleon walk over you with ease. Use it over either Ice Beam or Toxic.

Softboiled >> Protect too, since to heal you have to protect after the Wish which grants a free switch in to a physical attacker who can then stat up in your face. Your forced to then switch out and not get healed throughout the entire match or stay in and get set up on. So you get instant healing AND still support the team with Wish.

Toxic is meh now in this metagame since chomp is banned. Use Thunderwave its alot more useful for this team to cripple threats. (Toxic is pretty much only useful on stall tbh).

Dual Priority SD Lucario OHKO's your entire team (Extremespeed/Bullet Punch/Swords Dance/Close Combat).

I feel something like + speed SD Gliscor would go well here to help with this >> Infernape, it would also help with your Tyranitar weakness to an extent.

Gliscor@Leftovers
    206 hp / 12 attack / 76 def / 216 speed
    Jolly Nature
    Trait : Hyper Cutter
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Roost
    - Swords Dance

Bullet Punch Scizor CAN revenge Tyranitar but Bullet Punch doesnt OHKO without residual damage so bear this in mind.

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
    I want to say mixape weak, but your ape outspeeds standard ape. Just watch out for mixape if suicune leaves the arena.

Also, why Brick Break on Scizor? Why not Superpowah?

MM_Zero

Resurrected warrior
    Years
    Well that was a typo on skarmory, its supposed to say Impish.

Blissey doesnt' have a special attack now, so I gave it careful.

I'll try out a gliscor soon, though perhaps I may replace skarmory with it instead of Ape.

Noir Lancer

That One Guy
    Years
    92 HP/ 252 Atk/ 164 Spd on Scizor

This outspeeds everything it needs to, such as Suicune, Cresselia, and Magnezone, for everything else Bullet Punch suffices making max unneccessary

EDIT: Max Speed on Suicune also gets you nowhere, with Modest, the maximum stat point you'll want to aim for is 263 for Jolly Max Spd Breloom or 260 for Adamant Max Spd Mamoswine.

Though Timid is preferred really since CM gives it enough S.Atk, with Timid you'll want to aim for a stat of 285 for outspeeding Jolly Max Spd Mamoswine or 280 for Adamant Max Spd Lucario

Last edited:

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Swords Dance Luke is a huge threat, as is Dragon Dance Tyranitar (assuming that Bullet Punch fails to OHKO) I'm more concerned about how you handle fighters, as things like Luke and Hera can easily destroy most of your team, and you have no true resist to their movesets.

A Gliscor would be fantastic, over Skarmory. However, it still does not help with the weak to Lucario unless you run 216 Spe (w/ Jolly) to outspeed and OHKO all forms of Lucario bar Scarf versions and Agility versions.

Mixed Infernape poses a problem; it resists Bullet Punch from Scizor. It takes out Blissey with Close Combat, Scizor and Skarm are OHKO'd by Flamethrower, Suicune being OHKO'd by Grass Knot, and, although Psychic on Gengar kills it, Psychic sucks on the ghost and you should truly replace it with HP Ice/Hypnosis.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Bold Blissey please. Get rid of Softboiled and put in Protect. The chances of you even having to use Protect more than the alotted 8 times is unlikely, so don't complain about the PP.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Bold Blissey please. Get rid of Softboiled and put in Protect. The chances of you even having to use Protect more than the alotted 8 times is unlikely, so don't complain about the PP.

Bold Blissey is REALLY outdated. It gets 2hko's by Specs Gar, Flash Fire Specs Heatran, Specs Lucario, are just some of the examples in a metagame where absurdly powerful special sweepers are everywhere.

Nor do you loose much def either(119 def of calm to the 130 def of Bold)

Me said:
    Softboiled >> Protect too, since to heal you have to protect after the Wish which grants a free switch in to a physical attacker who can then stat up in your face. Your forced to then switch out and not get healed throughout the entire match or stay in and Protect and get set up on. With softboiled you can heal on the switch and then get the hell out of there to live another day, So basically you get instant healing AND still support the team with Wish.

EDIT : And yeah Psychic on Gengar is newb. Explosion (Use Hasty Nature), Energy Ball, Hidden power Ice, Hypnosis, Destiny Bond are all usable there >>it.

Last edited:

MM_Zero

Resurrected warrior
    Years
    Yeah, I had hypnosis on Gengar at first, but I just hate it's 60 acc. I decided to go with psychic to deal with ape.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009

Bold is a bad nature on Blissey in today's metagame to be honest. I've been seeing a lot of special oriented sweepers, even mixed, and in order to take their attacks, she needs as much SpD as she can get.

Also, Softboiled is almost a staple since it's more reliable than Wish.

p.hant0m

Studier of ancient legends.
    Years
    HEAY! That gengar is named after me! My name i came up with in about 06 on something else. It's also almost the same gengar as the one i'm now running. But, why the evs in attack? He's all special attack.

Back