• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen moar metal coats!

Towerizer

Alcoholic Renegade
    Years
    to get aditional metal coat's i've devised this method, note* this can be used for other items on wild pokemon with other items aswell.

to obtain additional metal coats than the one found in the pokeball factory find a pokemon with the frisk ability and teach them the TM thief, this is found in the upper right house in camphire town, after that go to the lost hotel and run around until magneton shows up, idk percentiles but the frisk ability will tell you if they have a metal coat or not, you can either catch them or use thief to obtain the metal coat. be careful cause if your pokemon is holding an item thief cannot be used. personally i use noibat that had frisk when i caught it but there are others out there. i hope this helps!

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2013
    Thanks, I'll try this because I need to evolve my Scyther into a Scissor. :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    That makes sense. I will need one to evolve my Onix when I find one. Besides that though, they are not of much use. Also,you can't sell them much at the Pokemon shop so it's not even worth much.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 31, 2014
    to increase your odds of getting magneton to appear have the first pokemon in your party be fainted and have the magnet pull ability. that increases the chances an encounter will be with a steel pokemon and so long as its in front, even if its fainted, the ability will still count.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    ah, the old classic wild item harvesting.
    I prefer to use a Bannete as my main targets are usually Chansey, having 6 lucky eggs never hurt anyone. I also love this method for obtaining heart scales, if you're lucky you'll even pull up the occasional shiny Luvdisc which is nice. It's also a good way to get extra Kings Rocks and Light Clays.

Back