• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: ModExe - Emerald

I have several versions of ModExe FR. I can send them via PM, but you can easly download them from Whack a Hack
hi do you still have the mirror link for a fire red version, which base version does it use? 1.1 or 1.0?

It seems the TM for Bulk Up doesn't really get updated with the Unlimited TM thing within ModExe for Emerald and I have no idea how to fix that besides messing around with hack.ini file. There's a chance other TM's might be affected as well. It's only grafical though, since I still get the unlimited effect.

Edit: I've figured why this doesn't work and it's just because the offsets of Bulk-Up hasn't been changed at all nor it gets changed with the hacks.ini file.

Change 0x0586C98 to 01 01 with a hex editor or you can edit the hacks.ini file yourself to update this while you need to place somewhere in the Name=Remove Count TM's + Reusable TMs section of the hacks.ini file
Offset=0x0586C98
Original=00 00
Modified=01 01

Attachments

• [PokeCommunity.com] ModExe - Emerald
    Screenshot_20240309-134542.png
    37.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I am desperate, I am using this tool to edit the game so that i can only level my pokemon to certain levels for certain gyms. But, the default values for this ROM are 10, 20, so on and so forth.

I see in the notes that "You can change the table levels in offset 1FFA5B0 freely."

Here is my problem: I don't understand hex at all. So, when i search my ROM for the edits that modexe makes I don't know what to change or how.

These are the values that get added with modexe
1FFA5A0 E9 A5 04 08 C9 A5 04 08

I just want my levels to look like this:
1st gym cap: 15
2nd gym cap: 19
3rd gym cap: 24
4th gym cap: 30
5th gym cap: 35
6th gym cap: 40
7th gym cap: 47
8th gym cap: 50
Elite 4 cap: 55

Can anyone tell me how to edit this hex stuff so that I can do that? I'm desperate, I've been trying to figure out how to do this for a week. Everything else in the game I wanted to edit is done.

Back