• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: ModExe - Emerald

Li Yun

"Does the truth exist or is it all a lie and the w
Years
  • Heya, I can't seem to find the download link for the fire red Modexe, can you provide it for me please?

The creator of Modexe Fire Red asked me to remove the link and information from the post. I don't have a backup of it.

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2022
    Since you're using my base rom, then it means yes, it has applied to Emerald's Binary v1 Engine. For now there is nothing to do with Level Cap, but I'll let you know about a possible solution as soon as I figure out how to make it work.
    Obs: I'm using google translator to translate what I write because my native language is Portuguese, so I apologize if I don't understand something Correctly I write.

Hi there, just wondering if you ever found a fix for this? Sorry to disturb you, have a good day!

Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2023
    Modexe Emerald(USA)
    Spoiler:

Credits: Tool: C&C Executable Modifier

do you also have one for pokemon fire red?

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2023
    Ive got a request for a hack: Make Hyper Beam (And its clones) not have to recharge if they score a kill, like Gen 1

Years
  • Update v14.1:
    Fix Mod: Item Cap 999
    The count of the items was not being shown correctly because I ended up putting the incorrect data of one of the
    asm's in the mod. Apply the corrected mod over your rom data and then test it to see if everything works fine.

Screenshot:
    unknown.png

Download link updated in the main post.

hi sir!!! when i try to patch my rom with item cap patch it doesnt work... when i select ITEM menu it resets....

Li Yun

"Does the truth exist or is it all a lie and the w
    Years
  • I apologize for my absence as I have been going through some difficulties in the past few months, one of which is that my laptop and storage drives have been damaged. I am currently reorganizing and may bring updates for everyone in the future.

JordanB500

Former Pokemon League Champion
    Years
  • Any chance for Infinite Move Tutors?
    so not related to this mod but i am making a wip script what combines the move relearner, move tutors and also the move deleter all for no cost sort of like how gen 8 and forward have npcs that do all of the above you can reply to me if you want to see the script also i noticed that the description for reusable tms is allows tm's to be deleted but it should be reused instead of deleted also for the natures being balanced maybe you could add an option to not display a nature also im curious about one thing under the note it says go to this offset and copy the pointer but when i went to paste it into the hacks file it was bigger than the original hex data by about 8 digits by that i mean XX XX XX XX extra lines, will this affect anything or was i only supposed to copy the bytes from 04 to 0B? instead of to 0F?

Last edited:

JordanB500

Former Pokemon League Champion
    Years
  • Hello I was testing your program and noticed that the decap files that are implemented do not actually decapitalize everything, what isnt translated is NEW GAME, OPTIONS, PEOPLE, PLACES, THINGS. I was wondering why you chose this instead of the Decap patch that Le Pug released for emerald, I tested that patch on a 32 megabyte rom and it worked fine so does your program add or modify existing text that isnt already decapitalized or is there another reason?

I noticed that if you replace zigzagoon with mew at the beginning of the game no matter what pokemon you use it is impossible to defeat mew, if you continue attacking eventually trying to select a move will return you to the battle menu and opening the bag resets the game to the title screen.

I also managed to fix the hack.ini file descriptions to be fully written in english and removed any typos and for note.ini I made everything spaced out like how you would write an actual sentence instead of a wall of text which I admit at this point my post resembles(additional changes to the hack.ini file are only implemented as a means of following the instructions in the note.ini and also some hacks which allow you to change the setting instead of the default choice) (an example being exp gain per step while pokemon are in the daycare, default is 10 modified is 30 and I used FF for max exp)

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2024
    The "EV Trainers" isn't working properly. The Ball type and, maybe, IVs work but not the Nature(only Random works (hexadecimal 19)), and EVs.

Last edited:
    Back