• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moemon Patches?

someguy.fromnevada

I don't know anymore...
Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    So, I already have the latest Moemon patches for FireRed and Emerald (as well as the Ruby Moemon patch), but I am curious, is there a way for these patches to work with Sapphire and LeafGreen?

Secondly, are there any other Moemon patches that I haven't heard about with an even bigger Moemon roster?

I remember seeing one for DS (I think...?) and it was supposed to have around 650 Moemon, but then I was also informed that it is nowhere near done and all of the Moemon sprites look like crap.

Anyone know about this?

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2023
    The patches wont work with leafgreen or sapphire due to them both having different compiled files. if you were to make patches for those, you would have to rip the sprites from the other patches and manually insert them into leafgreen/sapphire which this method isnt viable as most rom hacking tools are built to only work on firered, emerald, and ruby. these were the standard games chosen for rom hacking. your best option is to use the decomps pokeruby and pokefirered. Both decomps compile the other respective version of the game.

I could be wrong, but it might also be possible to use those compiled games to create patches so you can share them without getting in trouble. if that isnt possible you could just share your fork of the decomp with the moemon sprites around instead for others to compile themselves.

Some modern moemon hacks would be mega moemon.

Asith

Uwao
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    rip the sprites from the other patches and manually insert them into leafgreen/sapphire which this method isnt viable as most rom hacking tools are built to only work on firered, emerald, and ruby. these were the standard games chosen for rom hacking.

HexManiacAdvance fully supports all Gen3 games and has python support for batch edits. Still going to be annoying, but far less annoying than setting up the decomps just for sprite changes

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2023
    So, I already have the latest Moemon patches for FireRed and Emerald (as well as the Ruby Moemon patch), but I am curious, is there a way for these patches to work with Sapphire and LeafGreen?

Secondly, are there any other Moemon patches that I haven't heard about with an even bigger Moemon roster?

I remember seeing one for DS (I think...?) and it was supposed to have around 650 Moemon, but then I was also informed that it is nowhere near done and all of the Moemon sprites look like crap.

Anyone know about this?

There is a newer version

Back