• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moments in games that freak you out.

Years
    There are a lot of things in some games that freak me out. All of them are mainly from the Resident Evil series and Silent Hill.

1. Those damn Giant Spiders!! I dread seeing those things every time!!! I don't care if I have to save ammo in the game, as soon as I seen one, it's DEAD!!!

2. The first time you come across Lisa Trevor in Resident Evil GC. That horrid shrieking of hers along with the dangling chain made me wish that she could be killed, but I could only run like a little girl.

3. Those crimson head zombies!! I underestmated the zombies in this game and I came across one of them for the first time. The thing nearly killed me and I wasted a clip of handgun bullets putting his ass down!! There was one other time I got SO LUCKY against one fo them. Long story short, I came across one and my handgun managed to blow off his head!

Lastly, I played Silent Hill 2 one time. The entire atmosphere of that game's so damn scray that I refused to play it at night!!

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2011
    Some bits on the Metroid games freaked me out. With the eerie music and that.

The impact crater is like the stomach of some otherworldly being!

And in prime two, the giant towers made of ing worms... ughh...

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
    LOZ: OOT. definately gotta be the room with 4 spikes rolling about in one room in the water temple, also youre trapped in that room, so you cant get out until you rid of all 4 of them. i just turn my game off as i am frightened of them.

Zig

Quack.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2012
    Lookin at pichu AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Zig

Quack.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2012
    wen i first played digimon world PS1 ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    When you go to the level Cortana in Halo 3. The floodgates and enviornment is freaky... Now I know why the Flood is also an "Infinite Devil Machine..."

Also in Resident Evil 4, it's the Regenerators.

Years
    When I was playing the forest temple in Zelda:Ocarina of Time..I was shaking the controller when a wallmaster came outta no where :[

Heh, I was just going to point out that my most terrifying experience was something like that...
    Okay, so I'm a female video-game freak, but I do get a big iffy when I see too much gore or something. I prefer other games. ^^; So as soon as it came out, AGES ago, I jumped on the Zelda gameboy color game Oracle of Seasons! (I was considering Ages too, but I saw that when you turned the season to winter you get to slide on the ice and bypass the drowning water straight to moneyzz treasure chests. Fun! Unfortunately I thought these two were pairs like Pokemon games, basically the same, so I didn't get them both. Le sigh x__x)

Anyhoo, I was actually playing Oracle of Seasons step-by-step with the official guidebook. Pshh, I was chicken, okay? I was like, eight years old or something. Lolz. Then, when the first dungeon was almost over, I was headed to the final boss's room, thinking 'YESS-UH!', then I read in the guidebook something like 'Watch out for the Wallmasters' that had matching pictures and such.
    So then, I was walking, and a Wallmaster came... I think I dropped my gameboy in shock o__O It was FOLLOWING me, dammit! And I was too scared to move, so it caught me, and warped me, and... it just gave me nightmares for a long time.

There have probably been scarier moments, but I was so young and easily startled and... that was a HECK of a startle x___X;;
    [/endlongpost.]

Kreaps

_
    Years
    In the Graveyard of Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time with those face grabbing zombies.
    I just played it again a few days ago and those things still manages to freak me out.
    No wonder I was never able to beat Shadow Temple..

Joey the Cockroach

Years
    a few things on Tomb Raider also. the rolling boulders, the spinning fans, nearly any trap which is waiting. and also when i had to go against 2 big bears on the first one.

viridian doubletongue

the world's greatest thief
    Years
    omggg!! Tomb Raider! I know exactly what you're talking about!

And those two bears in the first. And I never got past the second stage in that game, since like the first big chamber of it there's two gorrilas that toootttaaallly freaked me out.

And in the third one when you fight tigers!

Innhhhh.... I still shiver when I think of it.

Joey the Cockroach

Years
    DigiMage, i couldnt even bear to look at it at all. another bit which used to freak me out was Silent Hill 1, where the big lizard chased you, and even when you faced the winged worm. i have gotten over that now.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Hoshigame: Ruining Blue Earth: Remix(DS) - WHAT? Over already?!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! *shot*

Final Fantasy Legend 2(GB) - What? I have to FIGHT Odin? THe one who revived you if your party dies? *after battle and then dieing*: NOOOO!!! Now when I die, I get sent to the title screen instead of Vahalla Palace!!! DX

Dragon Warrior 3(GBC) Mwahahaha!!! I deated Barmanos! Wait!... Zoma?!?! Other World?!? DOn't tell me the games not even half done!!! ;-;

Children of Mana(DS): OMG! THe God Beasts from Seiken Densetsu 3!!! ANd they're names are close to the Fan transltion of SD3!!!

Crono Cross(PSOne): OMG!!!!! I'M IN LYNX'S BODY, I'M IN SOME WEIRD PASTEL WORLD, AND ALL MY PARTY MEMEBERS ARE MISSING!!!

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    There are many moments in FINAL FANTASY V that freaked me out. Not in the scared way, but in the more, "This is disturbing" way.

Back