• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moments in games that freak you out.

EmpoleMew

Lunatic Lunar Rabbit
    Years
    The first time I played Co-op mode on Halo 2.
    Everything was normal, we were killing aliens.
    I run to grab the Ghost.
    I press X to get in the Ghost, and it explodes on contact.
    Then I get circled by aliens and they all assassinate me with Energy Swords.
    I respawn and BOOM!
    Rocket Launcher to the face.
    I never even touched Co-op again.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    FF9 when Garland speaks to Zidane. It freaked me out and got me obsessed with the game.

In F.E.A.R when the point man is in the elevator and Alma appears in the elevator right next to him for a split second and then vanishes.

In Half Life when I went to a locked door. When I tried to Open it G-Man walked past the door in the little view screen on the door. It freaked me out so much that I wasted a clip on the 9mm till he disappeared

Tomb raider is meant that you keep dying so you know what to expect. Their entire gameplay relies you on getting frustrated

Grim Fandango when Hector shoots Manny with Sproutilla. I thought that he was dead till you were supposed to use liquid nitrogen on the wound.

Also in Grim Fandango when you see Manny mopping a floor then 1 year later you see him atop this huge tower in a white suit smoking a cigarette. But that was mainly since once that happened I needed to leave for a trip. So I couldn't see how that happened

celestial_okami

~Druck der Farben~
    Years
    Not so many things are freaky to me anymore as I find somewhat macabre things very cool, and as you might expect I love the Silent Hill series.

youtube.com/watch?v=tkYtflr1KsM - If you don't like freaky stuff then don't click the link. This is one of my favorite rooms in the Silent Hill 3 in the alternate world hospital. There is absolutely no purpose to entering this room except to see this awesome scene. Note the trails of inky stuff in the mirror not reflected in the real world, but then it travels to the mirrored sink and then begins to pour out into Heather's side of the room. Its like the mirrored world and the real world trade places. The best part about it is that the door locks itself behind you and you can't leave until the mirror image of Heather stops moving, and at that you point you start taking constant damage until you leave the room or die.

Also cool in Silent Hill 4 is the haunting where you hear mewling in the kitchen and then when you open up the refrigerator you find a bloody dead cat inside... only its still moving. :laugh: One of the most disturbingly awesome hauntings ever.

Oni Link

~Previously On1 LiN|<~
    Years
    Resident Evil 4 when you first see the Chainsaw Ganado running right for you, with his Chainsaw revving.

Back