• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

moments which happen once every 3 years.

moments.

quixotic
Years
  • So, on January 30, I will have been at PokeCommunity for 3 years in total. I took a huge break early last year unintentionally, I just sort of drifted. But when I came back, something was different. My time here changed, and I think myself, as a member and as a person, changed accordingly...

Before my return, I came here, hoping to make a name for myself through post count. I don't actually remember speaking to anybody really or making any friends besides Hiidoran. I came here, posted art in Graphics and Photography, and I posted as much as I could, hoping to join the likes of Nica and those others up in the thousands of posts. When I came back, I forgot about post count, I came here to continue my art and to try and keep the graphics section alive (it always seems to struggle... xP). Whilst doing so, I made more friends in the last few months than I did for the 2 years I had been here previously. I donated because of the amount of time I spend here everyday, and I must say, this is my home among the internet. I have people I know here, and I have things I do here. I felt it was the least I could do...

So why make this blog? It is mainly a thank you to my friends I've made here. My graphics buddies, Abnegation, Comic Tragedy and Derozio are some of the ones that have been a major part in my time here. There are others, but these have appeared on levels as more than just people I met on the internet, they are my friends, and I am thankful for every conversation, collab, battle, constructive crit rampage we have had together. You are the people I come here hoping to chat to and hoping to see your art every time I log in.

As you can see, I've got only 3 names here. Sure there are others who I've chatted with during my time here, and you know who you are, but those 3 guys are the big ones. That said, I am definitely looking to expand my list of three, to an actual list. As my 3 year mark comes up, I want to be more dedicated to this community. Not spend more time here, because I already waste away in front of this computer as it is, but I want to make more difference in all of your lives. Yes I'm just some random guy you may have seen post a few times. But I want to get to know you all and expand my friends, and also my experiences.

Now I know, it is not the number of posts which determines how you are perceived here, but what you make of whatever posts you do make, and how you interact with the other members here. That is my goal. To get to know more people, to give more to this community, and to hopefully make my name known by you, not as some guy who posts art, or who is here for the better part of his day, but as that 17 yr old guy from Australia who likes music and movies and talking to people about quirky and weird things which may or may not be perceived as trivial. I want to get to know people on a first name basis. I want to be Massimo, not moments.

Jesus oƒ Suburbia

east jesus nowhere?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2015
    Sh*t just got real.
    You've got one of the best shops/galleries in there.
    Worth opening up every once in a while.

Good luck though.

Years
    • Seen today
    Really though, I'm happy to see you turn a new leaf and become the member I was once upon a time; active, liked, popular and appreciated. You deserve it.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Thanks Gav, just make sure you pull an all nighter so as soon as it ticks January 30, you can give it to me? xP

Are you saying you are no longer the active, liked, popular and appreciated Gav? You'd be wrong. :D

Back