• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Money

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    I believe it's all in the way you were brought up. Some people were born into money and have never known anything less, but because of that they haven't experienced the kind of hardships that bring people together. Others were brought up with nothing but each other, and because of that they want the one thing they've never had: money. Personally, I believe the latter is much better off, since even without money they still retain their more human qualities.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I use money because society gives it to me and expects it back in turn for whatever it is I might want in life. I've got no... how to say... 'emotional ties' to it; I don't want it, it's just a placeholder that saves us from bartering off our physical ownerships. That's a nice status quo, really, at least from one perspective.

I don't think so because you can buy or do whatever you want if you have money except love and friendships.
    People say that a lot, but I think they are not mutually exclusive ends — it seems perfectly possible to have both. Now, reasonable to expect? Probably not; but possible.

Last edited:
    Years
    Like most folks here, I don't consider acquiring a large amount of financial wealth is an end to find happiness. Granted, security can be a form of happiness, but it's merely a basic form. That's not to say I don't consider money a necessity; I wouldn't be able to survive without a real job that provides a continual source of income to support myself. I might find that indulging myself once in a while with money may bring me temporary happiness, but in the long run, I might even find that boring.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    I do like to save a large sum amount of pocket money and spend it on treat every so often, but to be honest, money isn't really what I rely on for happiness. In my opinion it's just a few pieces of paper whilst you can have people who give you laughter, I'd rather have that than a huge amount of money.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Money is something that is essential in modern society It brings security, as well as some happiness because of what you can buy with it. I like to get money. I'll save some of it, spend some of it on necessities, but put some aside for buying things that I want for my own enjoyment.

Throat

Oldschool pokemon
    Years
    Money'll never brings one happiness, but it may amuses one so much that it'll hardly notice its empty life. I'd never allow it to set me apart from people and things I like. Well, surely I know how important is to have enough, I'm not a hippie, either!

Years
    Pay for my wife's labor on the 11/15/10. And sometime money does give happiness. If you're willing to want to buy the things you enjoy the most. It also pays for our foods.

Years
    I think most people are misrepresenting happiness here. Happiness comes from what you buy with your money, not the actual money itself. For instance, it goes like "Man im happy I got that X-box" not "Man, im happy I have money to buy that thing I wanted.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    If I had a lot of money, I would probably spend about 1/10th of it on myself and the other 9/10ths on charity and such.

This is something I would get if I had the money to spare. No way I could afford it now, though. ;_;

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I think most people are misrepresenting happiness here. Happiness comes from what you buy with your money, not the actual money itself. For instance, it goes like "Man im happy I got that X-box" not "Man, im happy I have money to buy that thing I wanted.
    If some people are, as they've said they are, happy for having money with which they can potentially purchase things, and that makes them happy rather than the end result, ie. what they buy, then so be it I say. I think what makes an individual happy is down to that individual's own perception, so that there's no 'misrepresenting' it.

I see money as a distance between its own extent and having to barter my physical possessions away. Said possessions are more enjoyable, but the peace of mind in knowing one won't have to lose any of them seems like a fine reason for contention anyway.

otakulily

Pokemon is okay, I guess.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    HEY LOOK AT ME I SPEND MORE MONEY ON POKEMON AND ANIME RELATED PARAPHERNALIA **** CRAP THAN FOOD AND STUFF AND I'M PERFECTLY HAPPY WITH MY LIFE OF ******RY ETERNAL AWESOMENESS. :DDDDDddD

Last edited:

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Um, okay... But in other news, even if you have no money, you can still live by the generosity of others and (dear heavens what is this) hard work. So, even in places where humans have taken over the world, you can live without money.

But chances are that if you have no money, you can do something to remedy that.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    as a material consumer and a clothed/fed/sheltered, all-around insured US citizen, i can't say money has always brought me happiness but it has certainly brought me comfort.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    Money for me is... my name! Lulz, only people who know my second name will get that..

Anyways! I think money can buy you happiness.. like food, shelter, clothes and jewelery. Video games, gadgets and laptops. Pets and other things. But it doesn't always. You could buy something you thought would of been super awesome, but instead it ended up a waste of money. :(

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    For me, money can only buy you things you want that make you happy. Such as the latest iPhone 4 or that new Xbox you've been dying for as an example. Money itself though can't really make a person happy because it's just paper that comes and goes when you earn it, and spend it. I've gone through my whole life with money in hand, spending it very little, and I've still found more happiness in the people I've met, experiences I've done, and so fourth than the actual amount of money I've had.

When you die, you don't take anything with you. So money is just a tool to get us through life as it's an essential need for the things we need or desire. Other than that, happiness comes from elsewhere in my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2011
    A tool that destroys our once peaceful nature.

Destroys my bff's plants

and leads to death and evil ways.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    ZOMG I already posted in this thread but it doesn't show, like many other threads! It's drivin' be insane! Anyway, all I have to say is that money is the devil's gift. XD

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Money brings happiness, but not joy. The way I see it, someone with a lot of money can be miserable or happy depending on how they spend it. There's no such thing as eternal happiness. If you're happy you just got that new iPod or a new phone, it won't be long before you're bored with it and want something else. Humans crave new things too often to be happy all the time.

Back