• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Money

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Money is like a ray gun. You have to charge your lazer to kill the obstacles (buy good stuff). And because I'm a guy that likes explosions, I charge that ray gun pretty damn good before doing anything.

Right, I prefer to have my happiness from a big spend like a new guitar or a practice drum set rather than small revenues on school candy and then suddenly realize I'm $20 short.

Money gives one kind of happiness. It's not the love/friend kind of happiness, but it IS an essential happiness. A sense of commodity, freedom, and power over your life can be felt when those moments you are so free to spend.

Except we guys can control it. Girls are addicted to that kind of happiness like cocaine >__>

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It doesn't really buy me happiness, because I have like nearly $2000 in the bank and I don't feel like spending it. All I want to get out of it is B/W, lol.

However, actual coins and cash makes me happy because they make large numbers, not because they can buy things for me. XD;
    /weird

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    Money buys me games so that keeps me happy. Until I need to get outside. Then I use money to buy food and entertainment and travel. Then we use money to buy useless crap.

Happiness isn't dependent on money, but a quick boost of happy can be bought easily.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Money is something you need in society today if you want to make it through. Not saying it brings happiness, but what it's come down to is that it brings life, in a sense. Without money, it's hard to live because you can't afford clothes, food, medical help, or shelter. So in some retrospect, money has become life itself.

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
    For me, money isn't happiness. My family is. But here's the deal: Money kinda is happiness....here's why:

Money buys trips...to travel. No money, no seeing the world.

Money buys healthcare (in the United States that is)...and health is happiness. If you get a disease, you better be able to pay for it. Or lose your house to pay for it. For that reason I am glad to be Canadian.

Money buys education (unless you're in Europe or something). No money, can't really go to school. Yes, you can take out loans, but then you better be able to pay for it later.

Money buys time. Why? Because it allows you to just go on vacations and enjoy your family instead of working three jobs and trying to see your kids.

For those reasons, I want money. Do I feel bad for that? No way! I am working really hard in university to have a high paying job so that I can see the world and have a great life.

Roxichu

Blastoff at the Speed of Light
    Years
    I like money and I intend to legally acquire as much of as it I can. :3

That said, there are things more important than money. I'm not Christian, but I still like what Jesus said about having the whole world but losing your "soul". ;)

Back