• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mono-"COLOR" Challenge

1UpedAngel

Some guy who's there
Years
  • Hello, I'm a 1UpedAngel and I'm starting yet another playthrough of Pokemon Emerald. This time however, I randomly decided to only use pokemon whose Primary color was GREEN. So, I've decided to make it a challenge. Here are the rules if you decide to particpate:

1. You can only use pokemon of the same color on their pokedex entry, Ex:
    -Green: Sceptile, Cradily, Kecleon, Rayquaza

2. If a pokemon's final evolution is not the color you chose, put an Everstone or something on it so it doesn't evolve. Ex: -Spinarak -> Ariados, Scyther -> Scizor

3. The challenge ends when you've defeated the main storyline, and if it's there, the old Champion person thing. Ex: Red in G/S/C/HG/SS, Steven in Emerald, Alder in B/W.

4. Leading off of Rule 1 and 2, there are some exceptions to the color rule, like if you picked GREEN like moi, you can use Trapinch as long as it evolves into Flygon. Look at the evolutionary line before deciding on what to use.

5. You can pick more than just Red, Green, Blue to use. However, this will likely mean you won't be able to use your starter if you pick something like Yellow as your color.

EDIT: 6. You may catch any other pokemon to use as HM Slaves and for trading if the game had a pokemon of you selected color that can only be obtained by trading, or if it's something you have to catch for story purposes. EX: Reshiram/Zekrom.

EDIT: 7. You are allowed to play hacks and whatnot, but follow the rules otherwise listed.

EDIT: 8. Post everytime you get a gym badge and/or caught/evolvd a pokemon for your team. This may seem redundant, but it's to keep this thread current and up-to-date.

So, pick a color, pick a game, and have fun, and post what you've accomplished! Current competitors/champions will be posted below.

Form for entering:
    -1. Name
    -2. Game Chosen
    -3. Color Chosen
    Enter in a post a thing like that to enter. Anyone is welcomed!

Current Competitors:
    Spoiler:

If you're stuck on what pokemon to use with your color, use this ever so helpful link shown to me by SammyTheKidney.
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_color

Last edited:

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
  • Mono-color. Interesting. Are shinies allowed (such as if a green-only player finds a shiny Kecleon, can they use it?)

Also, I note you picked green in Hoenn. SO overdone.

1UpedAngel

Some guy who's there
    Years
  • Hi ^_^ I'm already drowning on challenges but I wanted to play VW so badly and this appeared to me,so ^_^

-1.SammyTheKidney (Sammy In Game)
    -2.VoltWhite (Hard version of White)
    -3.Blue

And btw,here's a link to help in your choice ^_^

Cool. You're in now. AND OMFG thanks for the color listings, it's suprisingly a LOT harder picking a COLOR instead of a TYPE when playing D:.

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2021
    This is easy for me cuz I'm colour blind. Anyway if I could be screwed I pick whatever coloud Garchomp is and then use Sharpedo with it.

Years
  • Cool. You're in now. AND OMFG thanks for the color listings, it's suprisingly a LOT harder picking a COLOR instead of a TYPE when playing D:.

Thnx,np and I looked at your sig and you didn't create it,you jsut revived it.Anyways I don't think anyone will mind,but just to be on teh safe side ^_^

Update 1:

-Started game as Sammy
    -Got Oshawott(Later, Samurai)
    -Got Bike form my mother(love VW ^_^)
    -Used bike to skip some events
    -Used bike to sneak out of town and get Woobat('Kama)
    -Got Pansear to Cut Slave and Caterpie for Rotation Battle fodder(before I realized I could use the bike to sneak outta town '-_-)
    -On my Rotation Battle against Cilan(VW for you) used Samurai(Dewott),'Kama(woobat) and Useless#(Caterpie),but 'Kama soloed it,so not much harm
    -GOt Cut and taught it to Pansear,currently going to get Dream Mist for Fennel

And,that's what has happened so far ^_^

And,mr.AwesomeFace, I'd guess if you can't get before gym 2(or 3) you cna hack,gym 1 is hard(I know cuz I'm playing VW),but try to do what I've done,you should be able to find SHimama to help you ^_^

1UpedAngel

Some guy who's there
    Years
  • Just wondering can we hack in a pokemon if we cant get it before the first gym?

PS: i'm gonna update soon :D
    Umm........Actually, I meant to add to the rule about Story Pokemon and HM Slaves. You're allowed to pick any starter if you didn't pick Red, Blue or Green, but as soon as you get a pokemon of your chosen color, you must remove your starter from your active roster (assuming you didn't pick Red, Blue or Green).
    EDIT: Just remembered, if you're gonna hack pokemon, do it only because a. the evo it's at can't evolve in-game for some reason, or b. you honest to god can't find a pokemon you're looking for. Just be careful when hacking in pokemon via an editor or whatnot.
    This is easy for me cuz I'm colour blind. Anyway if I could be screwed I pick whatever coloud Garchomp is and then use Sharpedo with it.

Sorry, but if you're color-blind, that doesn't mean you get any special priviledges. You the link provided by Sammy on the PokeDEX colors if you need help. Sorry man :P.

Last edited:
    Years
  • UPDATE 2:
    -'Kama evolved into Swoobat
    -Captured Tympole(Screamy - [f})
    -Spammed Rock Smash and Revenge against Lenora
    -Retrieved Dragon Skull

Team:

Samurai(Dewott)
    -Retaliate
    -Revenge
    -Water Pulse