• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monochromatic Stains [PG+15]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 13, 2011
    Guess She Got Her Wish
    Name: Ellie Rose Parker
    Date: Sept. 18
    Time: approx 9:30

Another slow, rainy day. Anyone would think Ellie would be used to this routine by now. Over time, she was used to it, but now it was just old. Although, today there were more people in the shop. It seemed... different in a way.

She stared down at the counter, where water droplets had formed from her hair. She waved her hand around slightly above them, moving them into different shapes. Freezing and unfreezing them, she stopped as she heard the jingle of someone entering.

A man, clad in a trench coat, approached her. He ordered his drink, and Ellie turned to fetch it. When she put it down, and opened her mouth to give the amount of money he owed, she quickly closed her mouth and watched in suspicion as he raised his arm. Suddenly, in her face, was his palm and sticking out from it was... a bone? Couldn't be.

"I am giving you the choice. Join me, or fight me. I know your secret, so what is your answer?"

Was he like her? Ellie's mouth was slightly ajar. Why does everyone always attack me? She backed away, against the back counter where the appliances and supplies sat. Her hand gripped the handle of the coffee pot. She tore it away from the machine, slamming it down. It shattered, and coffee spilled everywhere. Getting into a stance, her fingers waved and a stream of liquid balanced in between her hands. Suddenly, she realized there were others in the cafe. But she didn't check to see what they were doing-- she could assume they were doing what anyone would do in a situation like this. Maybe taking pictures, running away in fear?

"If you wanted me to join, maybe you should have used a different tactic," she said.

GrifSpark

Your personal livin' Pokedex
    Years
  • Name: Thale Edwards
    Date: September 18th
    Time: Roughly 3am

Despite the calm of midnight and at least two hours of thought, nothing had caught Thale's eye. This was starting to become painful for him, torture even. Admittedly, he'd barely slept for the best part of two days, which could be the problem. Simply a case of him being too tired to concentrate? Something was still pointing him away from that theory though…

"Hey, watch it!" yelled an unknown voice, as something smashed into Thale's side.

Thale stumbled backwards and fell, something you didn't want to do on the streets of NewYork. A man stood high above him, with an intimidating look in his eyes.

"What the hell do you think you're doin!?"

'Great' Thale thought.

He'd run into someone wanting a fight, and he looked tough enough to hold his own. The man grabbed Thale by his collar and pulled him up onto his feet, giving Thale a good look at the man. He was old -at least sixty-, and yet he still had the strength to pull up Thale by the collar. Another thing Thale noticed was the faint whiff of alcohol on his breath,

'Even better, a drunk man who was planning on beating me half to death...'

"Kid, look where you're walkin next time" the man muttered
    in a gruff voice, trying to scare Thale out of his wits.

At this, the man dropped Thale onto his feet, and then simply walked on. Thale was slightly bemused, but relieved at the same time. It had saved Thale a lot of time, and injuries at that. But there was something strange about the man, something his natural curiosity couldn't shake off. But he tried his best, and walked on, still thinking.

xxx

Time: Roughly 3:30

Thale had finally given up, starting to think that he'd never get this right. He turned the key and heard the faint click of the lock. He pushed open the door revealing his bare apartment. There wasn't much there spare a bed, a bookcase and his computer. He could have bought a bigger apartment, with his father's money. But he didn't need anything else from him; he didn't want anything else from him. The door blew shut, and Thale headed into his room, then fell onto his bed. He was still wearing his clothes, but he was too tired to even move.

xxx

Time: Roughly 4:50pm.

Thale quickly tapped away at the keyboard, desperately trying to finish his reports. He was becoming obsessive, but Thale didn't care. This was his life, he had the right to do what he wanted, and knowledge was just that.

"And… save…" Thale muttered, as he moused over the 'save' button.

*Click*

Something didn't seem right about the sound, much louder than the mouse usually sounded. And then he heard a faint creak of a floor board, a sound Thale knew well enough. The third floor-board away from the door was never placed properly, which made it squeak. Someone was in his apartment.

*Tap, tap, tap, tap*

The sound slowly moved away from him, but still well into the apartment. It moved towards his bedroom, but Thale sat still. This would be a perfect chance to test out his new abilities, if any… Thale slowly turned his head, to see no-one, whoever it was had move into his bedroom. Thale stood up, careful not to make any sound at all.

'Whoever this is, he's going to be in for one hell of a surprise' Thale thought.

It wasn't strictly true, but it reassured himself. Thale crept into his room, preparing for a fight, but he was in for a shock. On his bed, a young boy slept. He couldn't have been more than 12 or 13, which surprised Thale. But what really confused him was how he had gotten in? He seriously doubted a 12 year old being able to break their way into someone else's apartment.

"Kid" Thale said, slightly hushing his voice, but no reply. "Hey, kiddo" Thale said slightly louder as he shook the kids arm.

Now was time for some answers.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2012
    "Huh?" Chris woke up. He looked around groggily to find the same man from earlier. "Oh, hi, mister. Nice to meet 'cha. My name's Chris by the way, but you can call me Sketch. Sorry about sleeping here, but, you see, it was waaaaaaaaay past my bedtime, and I don't have anywhere else to go..."

Chris stared at the man, waiting for his reply.

GrifSpark

Years
  • Communications
    Name: Thale Edwards
    Time: 5:10pm

"Huh? Oh, hi mister, nice to meet'cha. My name's Chris by the way, but you can call me Sketch. Sorry about sleeping here, but, you see, it was waaayy past my bedtime, and I don't have anywhere else to go…"

Thale wasn't entirely sure how to reply at this point. This random kid had wandered into his house, gone to sleep, and then claimed that it was past his bed-time. The fact that it was barely past five pm bemused him even more.

"Y- what? I know you're just a kid but it's barely past 5pm" Thale said, with a bemused expression.

Thale was severely confused, a feeling he rarely ever felt. Thale pushed his glasses back up his nose slightly, and then waited for 'Sketch' as he called himself, to reply.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2012
    "Yeah, but I was biking over here for a day nonstop, duh." Chris said this as if it were common knowledge and the man had been living under a rock. "If ya want me to go, I will."

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Confrontation

Name: Paige Alicia Marrow
    Time: Early Morning
    Date: September 18

Paige's eyes had slightly adjusted to the darkness yet when the intruder dissappeared, it took her a while to notice that he was no longer standing in front of her. When she heard him talk behind her, his breath on the back of her neck, she acted with instinct, thrusting and elbow back, catching him in the solar plexis. Using her powers she whipped up an small wind around her feet, effectively allowing her to slide, to some extent, over the carpet, stopping in the kitchen on the other side of the lounge. Back against the wall, she replaced the gun in the back of her jeans, fists raised ready to fight. She watched as he recovered from the blow.

"I'll repeat, who are you!?" she replied, "What do you want to talk about?"

MancerNecro

the reverse necromancer
    Years
  • Decision

Name: Jade Tyler
    Date: 18/09/2010, Saturday
    Time: 0700

Jade awoke with a start from a horrible nightmare, one where he was being chased by this strange person, who couldn't be hurt at all. As Jade opened his eyes, he was at first disorientated by where he was, but he had quickly adjusted himself and remembered about what had happened the previous day. An ambulance must have found him left there after the destruction.

Jade looked around the room, noticing that the only signs of any visitors were the vase of flowers on the table beside him. That was very typical of his aunt, leaving flowers beside the bed of all the patients she had to visit, for his aunt worked as a nurse in another hospital in Washington DC.

Jade wondered what he was going to do. He had revealed his powers. At least several of the other students would have told the press what had happened. What would be done to him now? Would they use him as a research sample? Or would they try to kill him. Maybe it was true, that he was an alien.

Jade got down from the bed and walked around. He felt fine, nothing seemed to be broken. Doing some complex exercises, he tried his best to access the condition of his body. He felt was. In fact, he was fine.

What now? Should I try leaving? No, I must leave. Before someone comes for me.

Jade made up his mind and left the hospital. He was prepared to use his powers to protect himself should someone come for him. He had to leave Washington no matter what, and so, he chose to go northwards towards New York City.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • Name: Miharu Marakot Mizushima
    Place: World Pro Tae Kwon Do in New York
    Time: 7:23pm

Miharu dodged the swipe at her face, and blocked the next kick to her stomach. Noticing an opening in the opponent's guard, she executed a fairly strong Roundhouse Kick that made a loud slapping noise when it contacted with the opponent's protective gear.

They both cautiously went back, each trying to figure out who was going to move, where, and when. Miharu faked by stomping her front foot down, trying to create an opening and it worked. She did an "Out to In" kick and lightly touched the opponent's headgear, siginally a point.

"Okay, that's it!" shouted the teacher, Master Sim.

Miharu and her opponent bowed and shook hands before moving sitting down on opposite walls.

"Good job, Miharu," praised one of the other black betls, Catherine.

Miharu nodded. "Thank you."

Catherine started talking to her friend to her right and Miharu sat down on the floor, next to the mirror side and sighed. Barely anyone could give her a challenge in the Tae Kwon Do class as the standerd for black belts were lower than it is in Japan.

The only ones that could beat me for sure are the instructers and Master Sim.

Miharu sighed again as she watched two blue belts spar each other.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2011
    OOC: just a notif, I was given permission to use Dante... just saying this so no one is like: U GODMOD WAT U DOIN?!!one!!1
    --
    Time: approx 9:30

The man came at her, and she just barely dodged, the tip of the bone scraping her cheek. She felt the sharpness and then the blood coming down her cheek.

"Sonuva..." Ellie cursed under her breath, she whipped the coffee at her attacker, coiling it around his other arm and freezing it to the desk. Somehow, his arm came free, coming out of the ice deformed, and it snapped back into place. He jumped over the counter, and Ellie clumsily ducked under the compartment that lifted up to let workers behind the counter.

She backed up as he climbed back over, knocking over the drinks on the table. She put her fingers into a puddle of a spilled waterbottle, and the ice wrapped around her fingertips.

She lifted her arms to protect herself as he brought a fist down towards her--and again she could see what she believed to be bone coming out of his hands-- but he had much strength against her. Ellie collapsed, table falling upon her. The cafe was basically empty, aside from those looking in through the window in awe. She threw coke onto his face, temporarily stunning him, kicking at his shin. She got up, and as she did, his fist collided with her face. Ellie fell back down, head colliding with the floor harshly. A bit dazed, she watched the white in his fist shrink back into him. Sirens wailed, and Ellie saw the man run out of the cafe before she lost consciousness entirely.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • [Urgent television and radio broadcast taking over all channels]

This urgent message goes out to all those people in the east coast of America, specifically those living in New York City and the surrounding areas.

If you happen to witness anything out of the ordinary around this area, evacuate from the scene immediately. Do not approach. Do not make contact. Do not do anything else except to get away from the disturbance.

We are sorry for this interruption and now conclude this special broadcast. You may now return to your television and radio programs.

[Message Ends]

Mike was a senior, his life nothing special and an average student. He was neither one of the brainiacs who constantly talked about calculus and physics, nor was he a jock who do nothing but pretend to be important. Mike had many friends yet was not well known through out the school. And this was how Mike liked it.

But today as he walked into school, Mike felt like something was different. He did not know what it was. The sun was beating down as it neared the end of summer, and was still as hot as ever. However it wasn't until second period that Mike began to find the changes within him were urging to get out.

A quick trip out of class and into the bathroom to splash water on his face did nothing to stop the fever that was rapidly taking over him. It wasn't until he looked up into the mirror to see the steam rising off his face did he panic.
    He sprinted out of school and down the footpath, sweat now dripping from every pore on his body. He ran blindly across roads, side stepping pedestrians as he felt his fever rise even higher. Mike's random flee had taken him well into New York, more specifically Central Park.

Away from everyone else he felt the pressure building inside release, losing himself in the sudden flood and on rush of energy. Everything around him began to burn as his body exuded massive jets of flames in all directions.

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • Reality

Name: Lyle Dunne Murphy
    Date: 9/18/10
    Time: 9:45 AM-10AM

"Man, that class sucked. Why did I sign up for that one again?" Lyle's speech was muffled due to the half done cigarette in his mouth. Not that he cared, he was too busy complaining. On any normal day, Lyle would be too lazy to walk home and would take the subway a few blocks north, to the stop near his home on Park Avenue (for those of you unfamiliar with New York, Park avenue is two streets away from Central Park in one of the rick neighborhoods. Neil, being the shrewd he is, got his apartment for cheap ;)) However, the fresh air felt great entering Lyle's lungs, so in the spur of the moment, he decided to take his chances. Despite his poor sense of direction, Lyle had lived in the area long enough to at least know the most direct way home. Navigating through the crowds and avoid rebellious cars was the true challenge in surviving New York, but Lyle knew he always cheat and cause a loose rock or brick to fall and make people disperse. Evil? Maybe. Fun? Definitely. He held himself back though. The crowds were moving well and traffic wasn't as bad as it could have been. As he approached his apartment, Lyle decided to take a little detour and head to Central Park. He had one cigarette left and figured he may as well finish it before heading home. Neil hated when Lyle smoked anyway.

Central Park: New York's largest hub of wildlife. Beautiful trees, small ponds and the occasional hippie. Parking himself on a bench, Lyle lit his final cigarette and closed his eyes for a moment. The light breeze blew threw his long hair. It was truly relaxing. The sounds of nature began to engulf him. The various birds chirped, the various rodents squeaked, the various pets barked, the people screamed. Wait…that's not normal. Lyle forced himself awake. What's going on?, he thought to himself. Screaming isn't that normal, at least in this neighborhood. Lyle rose from the comfort of the bench and took a tour into the depths of Central park. Clearly whatever was occurring in the central of the park was out of the ordinary. Waves of people flooded the walkways, retreating from…something. It had to be something truly terrifying if this large of panic. Walking in the opposite direction, Lyle had to weave through the crowds. He was doing that a lot lately. First the market, now this. But this time, he wasn't missing the fun. It was caught in the heart of it. In the centermost region, he saw a sight he'd never imagine.

A young man, probably a high school or college student, was on fire. Not the kind of fire you would expect in that he was physically on fire and dying. No, this man was the fire. It was jetting out from his physical being. Lyle was a relative safe distance away, but the flames were causing the surrounding areas to be set aflame. This posed a large problem. If Central Park were to catch on fire completely, many people could be hurt and send the city into a large state of chaos than it already was. Rashful thinking took over. In the long fun, Lyle was likely to regret his decision. However, he didn't want anyone getting hurt or any of the worst case scenarios that played out in his head to actually occur. Lyle focused his attention on the ground and began to cause minor quakes to occur. The ground shifted and the surrounding areas began to move. Then around the young man and Lyle, 9 foot stone walls that were a few inches thick came from the ground. A small arena was created, housing two fighters.

"This will at least prevent you and your little fire show from causing any more trouble," Lyle smirked, wiping the minor nosebleed that followed the strenuous use of powers. He was rusty, having been docile for some time.

'What the---" the boy said. "What's going on?! What are you?!" He was clearly in shock and out of control.

"Calm down, kid. I am like you. I just control the earth instead of fire."

"How can I be calm? Can't you see what I am doing? Can't you see what I have become?"

"I was like you once, but I learned to control it. Now, just stop burning this world to a crisp and let me help you."

"Control? What does controlling this...manifestation do? You think you and I can be accepted? We're freaks! Outcasts! Monsters!" The boy's words stung with the truth. Lyle knew the boy was right, at least for the most part. He knew it was hard to adjust to the fact you were so greatly different from everyone else.

"But…maybe there is a chance to start over. Be normal. I've been trying and its worked out fine so far."

"You don't get it do you?! Those guys in the government will try to capture us, discover what makes us what we are and try to create more of us. Create an army of freaks like you and me to take over the world! We can never be accepted! We can never be normal!" In that instant, the boy directed the flames at Lyle. A torrent of fire came crashing down on Lyle, but a last minute effort to create a small rock wall to block the surge of flames proved to be enough, save a few burns on Lyle's arms. It was obvious that the only way Lyle could help the kid was to knock him down a few pegs and take it from there. Taking the stone shield he created, Lyle telekinetically lifted it and charged the boy. Once he felt the impact of the charge, Lyle launched the rock and the boy into one of the surrounding rock walls.

"That should calm you do-….what?" The rock began to rumble and an explosion followed. It was clear the flame powered man, had used to his powers in a more defensive manner and minimized the impact. Angrier than before, the boy prepared a series of fireballs and began to pitch them one another after another at Lyle. Lyle, however, was more than ready. Molding another stone shield, Lyle started to sprint towards the boy, blocking each pitch with little problem. Closing in, he transformed the shield into stone boxing gloves and delivered a series of punches ending in a a thunderous right hook in the face, knocking the boy to the ground hard. Thank god for those boxing lessons, he thought. "Now kid, how about you calm down now before I have to knock you out?" Lyle paused and slowly made his way to the boy. "Even though we may be nothing more than beasts, don't we have the right to live? Let's work together and help this world accept us."

The boy mustered enough strength to stand and uttered a few choice words: "You can't help me. You are no better than I am. We are freaks. We don't belong here. The only we can do to help this world is to die!" The fragile mind of the boy crumbled further and he began tossing more fireballs in random directions. Flames began to incircle them both. The stone walls that Lyle created in an attempt to control the flames were slowly being destroyed. A cave in was all but guaranteed.

"Kid, you gotta stop! You'll kill us both!" The boy's grip on reality was no more. It was apparent than the boy settled on burning them both to a crisp. Lyle was in a panic. He had lost control of the situation long ago and he didn't know how to get it back. I don't wanna die. I don't wanna die. I can't die! Hell, I didn't even turn thirty!

With a cry, Lyle unleashed his powers.

------------------------------------------------
    Ruins
    Name: Neil Patrick Murphy
    Time: 10:15AM

"Here's the file you wanted. It's mostly incomplete. Barely any witnesses. Or at the very least, most of them aren't conscious."

"Thanks John. Where did this take place again?"

"Milestiare. It's near Washington D.C. From what my friends down there gathered, the local school was nearly destroyed. Like "poof". Caved in or something. No one could explain what occurred. But once I heard, I figured it is up your alley. You like supernatural stuff after all," continued John.

Neil shuffled through the file and found little information that proved to be useful. It was more than likely that Neil would have to travel down and investigate himself, possibly interviewing any survivors. That would assume they were any left to begin with. If a super was responsible for this, he or she would likely be alive. I highly suspect the culprit would be a student. I doubt any evil super would target a small high school. They would go for a larger target. "Hey John, this happened-"

"Hold on Neil. Look at the TV."

-This urgent message goes out to all those people in the east coast of America, specifically those living in New York City and the surrounding areas.

If you happen to witness anything out of the ordinary around this area, evacuate from the scene immediately. Do not approach. Do not make contact. Do not do anything else except to get away from the disturbance.

We are sorry for this interruption and now conclude this special broadcast. You may now return to your television and radio programs.-

"What's that about? Terrorists? That's the last thing New York needs," John commented. It was the expected response for anyone normal. Neil wasn't normal. He would likely be considered crazy for his theory, but considering he can change his appearance and his brother can make rock sculptures with his mind, Neil has more than enough reason to be crazy.

"Could be," Neil responded, obviously trying to sound like a normal concerned citizen. Truthfully, Neil suspected it was a super and the government wanted to cover up. All the more reason for Neil to travel down to Milestiare and find out the truth. It was the best place to start. Neil rose to his feet. "Thanks for the scoop, John. I'll see you later. I got a flight to book."

"No problem, Neil. Take it easy," John waved before calling over the barkeep for another beer. Alcoholic.

As Neil left the bar the ground beneath shook. It may have been sudden and brief, but jarring and shocking to say the least. Neil rushed back into the bar. Surely the news must have had something on it, even if it only happened a few seconds ago. "John! You alright?!"

"Yeah, I'm fine," the drunken man howled from the floor, picking himself up with the stool's assistance.

"Hey guys. The news got something," the barkeep pointed at the small TV hanging from the ceiling.

-While we cannot explain the recent earthquake, our local traffic helicopter has picked up these disturbing images from Central Park. As you can see here, there appears to a strange rock formation and rubble at the heart of our city's legendary park. While we cannot confirm the cause or reason for this, the NYPD and NYFD are currently evacuating all local residents from the immediate vicinity and will began investigations shortly. Stay tuned for more updates.-

"Lyle," he mumbled. Neil did not hesitate and immediately left the vicinity and blended in with the crowds of panic. Luckily for him, the bar he chose to go to was fairly close which would explain the tremor being actually felt. Likely, Lyle unleashed a minor earthquake with Central Park being the focal point. The following tremors were side effects that would cause minor, if any damage. Cautiously, he approached Central Park and saw little more than a dust cloud where the park used to be. Knowing entering the area would be nigh impossible, Neil used his power to assume the identity of a Police officer and took his fortunates into the borders of Central park.

Last edited:

MancerNecro

the reverse necromancer
    Years
  • The Wait

Name: Ashley Curtis
    Time: 1000

Ashley twisted and turned in his bed, trying to fall asleep. He had his plan all planned out. Problem was that following the destruction of Milestiare High, he figured he'd probably have to lie low for a while.

That wasn't the only reason why Ashley had decided to delay his plans a little. The other reason was that Ashley was afraid. Afraid to use his hypnotism again, for fear of what other destruction would happen if he did. He had decided to wait until things had settled down again in a few days before he began his plan, which hopefully would not cause something to go out of whack or be destroyed.

Sighing, Ashley stood up and went downstairs. His parents were at work as usual. They seemed to work on almost everyday, even on weekends. Ashley walked towards the television and switched it on only to see the television broadcast that was on every channel:

"This urgent message goes out to all those people in the east coast of America, specifically those living in New York City and the surrounding areas.

We are sorry for this interruption and now conclude this special broadcast. You may now return to your television and radio programs."

Ashley hurriedly switched off the television.

So, they're onto us. Even more reason to lie low for the moment and not attract attention to myself. Heheheheh. Next Friday will be fine for the execution...
    Fool. Mwahahahaha..........

Ashley hurriedly shook his head to dispel the evil laughing from his "other" self. Sighing, Ashley set off up the stairs to lie down on his bed again.

Setting off

Time: 0900

"This urgent message goes out to all those people in the east coast of America, specifically those living in New York City and the surrounding areas.

We are sorry for this interruption and now conclude this special broadcast. You may now return to your television and radio programs."

Jade watched as the television at the train station returned to its original list of programmes. Everyone around was looking at each other, puzzled, but Jade knew why that broadcast was released. He knew, and lowering his cap over his head, he walked towards the train.

Jade had spent the last 2 hours packing his things and withdrawing some money from his bank account. It was good that he was now of enough age to keep the money that his parents had left for him in his own bank account. There was about 3 million US dollars inside, leftover profits from his parents' business. There used to be about 10 million dollars but over time, his aunt had splurged it on gambling, electricity bills, holidays and the like. This was one of the reasons why Jade had hated his aunt so much. Well, Jade would make sure that the remaining 3 million dollars were put to good use and was enough to last his entire lifetime.

Jade flashed his ticket to the ticket warden and chose an empty cabin by himself. Using his psychokinesis, he kept the door to the cabin sealed tight so that only he could open it. Digging into his bag, he took out a book that he had bought, "Alex Rider, Stormbreaker" by Anthony Horowitz and started reading it as the train lurched forwards.

Last edited:

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
    (I have no idea what the date and time is so I'm skipping that)

Sitting in her room, reading a book Alex Rider: Crocodile Tears by Anthony Horowitz, Miharu could hear the television from the kitchen. Deciding that it was time to eat something, she went downstairs and managed to hear a little bit of Mani's TV show before it changed to an announcement;

This urgent message goes out to all those people in the east coast of America, specifically those living in New York City and the surrounding areas.

We are sorry for this interruption and now conclude this special broadcast. You may now return to your television and radio programs.

Miharu stilled on the stairs, her hunger suddenly vanishing.

The only people who know about my powers here aside from Ma and Bong Lene. They wouldn't tell the government on me...right?

Miharu stayed on the window sill for a few minutes before hearing another announcement.

While we cannot explain the recent earthquake, our local traffic helicopter has picked up these disturbing images from Central Park. As you can see here, there appears to a strange rock formation and rubble at the heart of our city's legendary park. While we cannot confirm the cause or reason for this, the NYPD and NYFD are currently evacuating all local residents from the immediate vicinity and will began investigations shortly. Stay tuned for more updates.

Miharu scowled before walking downstairs and leaving out of the house with her katana on her.

Now, where is Central Park again?

---

Miharu managed to find Central Park without much hassle aside from a police officer stopping her for carrying around a weapon before she showed her permit. After that, the policeman started running towards the direction of Central Park and she followed him. Noticing the "strange rock formation" as it was called on TV, she used the light to make her invisible.

Suddenly near the rock formation, shadows broke the rock formation and surrounded the fire person and cutting off the oxygen for the fire. She noticed another guy, probably the person who created the rock formation, and used the light to make the other invisible.

Miharu could feel a slight strain at having to do all three at once, but she had to wait until the fire was out.

GrifSpark

Years
  • Firestarter
    Date: 18/09/2010 (OCC: Date/time may be off slightly, or a lot, but no-one's set a time for the accident)
    Time: 5:30pm

"Yeah, but I was biking over here for a day non-stop, duh" said the boy, making it sound completely obvious, which it wasn't. "If you want me to go, I will"

Thale still looked at him with a vacant expression. This was getting more ridiculous by the second. Despite how strange the boy seemed, Thale couldn't help but feel a little sympathetic for him.

"Fine, you can stay here for a while. Just don't bother me, I have work to do" Thale replied.

Thale left his room, and 'Sketch' as he called himself. He took a few brief glances at his current work, but then gave up. He quickly flicked the TV on, and began to channel flick.

-This urgent message goes out to all people across the east coast of America, specifically those living in New York and the surrounding areas.

If you happen to come across anything out of the ordinary in this area, evacuate from the scene immediately. Do not approach. Do not make contact. Do not do anything else except to get away from the disturbance.

We are sorry for this interruption and now conclude this special broadcast. You may now return to your television and radio programs-

Thale's eyes widened. What could they possibly mean by "out of the ordinary"? He had an urge to alert Sketch, whether it concerned him or not. But Thale had a feeling that he was listening in. At this, another television broadcast appeared.

"While we cannot explain the recent earthquake, our local traffic helicopter has picked up these disturbing images from Central Park. As you can see here, there appears to be a strange rock-formation and rubble at the heart of our cities legendary park. While we cannot confirm the cause or reason for this, the NYPD and NYFD are currently evacuating all local residents from the immediate vicinity and will begin investigations shortly. Stay tuned for more updates"

Central park. Thale grabbed his blazer and swung it on, he wasn't about to let this happen without him having some effect on the situation. He knew his powers were weak, and he would probably be killed, by Thale knew well enough that this wasn't natural, and he was going to find out what.

"Hey, Sketch!" Thale yelled over to the next room "I'm going to Central Park, stay here until I get back"

As Thale closed the door to his apartment behind him. He realised just how stupid he had just been. The kid could be a thief or who-knows what. He'd just have to trust him. After leaving the apartment building, Thale realised just how many people were leaving. They were flooding out of their homes, many being evacuated by the NYPD, seeing how close his apartment was to it.

"Taxi!"

xxx

Super-human
    Name: Sgt. Collin Murdoch
    Date: 18/09/2010
    Time: 5:35

"Everybody, please leave the immediate area!" yelled Murdoch, trying to herd the nearby civilians away from Central Park.

He wasn't part of the NYPD or NYFD, but he knew how to keep others safe. He had spent most of his life doing that very thing. Unlike the others, Murdoch was ploughing headfirst into the fight, hoping to find the source of the conflict. He knew well enough that it was super-human, but he wasn't exactly heading in unprepared. The rock formation was slowly tearing itself apart as flickers of fire broke through.

Nothing.

The whole formation had vanished. A few wisps of smoke rose up, but apart from that, absolutely nothing. That wasn't ordinary either. Murdoch glanced around for any reason the formation had vanished, but there was still nothing.

"Come on out!" Murdoch yelled, as he rested his hand on the pistol which rested in its holster, on his belt. "Show yourself!"

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2011
    Captured
    Time: sometime between 10:00 and 11:00 AM

Ellie woke up, head pounding. Her vision was blurred at first, only making out unfocused shapes of white, navy, and slate. As she became more lucid, she realized her surroundings. A hospital room, and a depressing one at that. There was a small window with bars on it. Where the hell was she?

She was wearing a white t-shirt with those blue scrubs for pants. A hospital bracelet was around her left wrist, and handcuffs attached her right wrist to the rail of the bed. Suddenly, a loud wail came from the speakers.

"A security breach!" A man said, running past. The guard at her door took off running.

"Hey!" Ellie yelled, beginning to panic a bit. Why did they chain her up? She tried to pull her arm out of the cuffs, bruising and chafing her wrist more. Just then, the door opened wider and a man in a tan trench coat came in.

Assisting The Captive
    Name: Aaron Charles Bishop
    Time: sometime between 10:00 and 11:00 AM

Aaron had his hands on the main controls of the alarm system. When he was certain he had set it off, he entered the corridor again. Ducking into closet spaces and behind walls, he made his way past security guards running around, trying to figure what had triggered it.

Ellie was her name. Aaron was walking by when he saw the fight with her and another man. A bit of eavesdropping on the police was all he needed to find out about her. Aaron didn't even know there were others like him. With some hacking, courtesy of his powers, he found she was being held in a special wing of a hospital, one specifically designed for holding 'dangerous' people.

If his information was correct, this was the girls room. The door was slightly ajar, with no guards at the post. He fished in his pocket for a paperclip, entering the room. A brunette was lying on the hospital bed, a scar on her cheek, and cuffed to the rails of the bed. It was her. She was pulling and pulling at it, as if it were going to help her. Aaron quickly put a finger to his lips, as he fiddled with the paperclip and picked the lock of the handcuffs.

"Come on, before they find us," he said in a hushed tone, pulling her to the door. "Ah wait, this is for you, aqua-girl." Her eyes widened in confusion, but Aaron pulled out a water bottle from the deep pockets of his trench coat and shoved it into her hands, "I know what you can do. Now come on! Trust me." He didn't give her much of a choice, as he grabbed her wrist and practically dragged her through the corridors. Remembering the floor plan he had seen, he knew just where to go.

Plans

Ellie didn't want to go with him, and was usually very stubborn-- but for the second time today, her lack of physical strength proved effortless. They'd barely escaped. Ellie had to use the water Aaron gave her to freeze some guards. They didn't know if they were being chased, but they were running down the streets of Seattle, weaving through pedestrians and squinting through the rain pelting against them. Before long, they were safe in Aaron's apartment. It was kind of dull, with nothing but a loveseat, bookshelf, and a television in the living room. The walls were off-white with a light gray carpet.

"Who are you?" Ellie said, slumping against the door, still a bit unsure of this man.

"Aaron," he replied, pulling a suitcase out from a small closet. "No need to introduce yourself, aqua-girl, I already know."

"Maybe you should call me by my name then," she mumbled bitterly. "Hey, wait," she glared, "how do you know about me? And why are you helping me?" Aaron disappeared into a bedroom with the suitcase. She cautiously made her way closer, leaning against the opposing doorframe.

"Because you're like me. Except different. I'm more like a computer. My powers gave me the ability to find out about you. It's complicated." Aaron wasn't too sure how to describe himself entirely. He continued shoving clothes and whatnot into his suitcase. They sat in an awkward silence until he was finished packing.

"Where are you going?" Ellie asked, eyeing the suitcase as he tugged it to the door.

"Where are we going, you mean?" he smirked, "New York." Before Ellie could refuse, Aaron spoke up, "What's left for you here? You were exposed. People will talk. Though, assuming the government will keep this away from the media for now... you have nothing here anymore." The girl's face dropped, looking down, contemplating. Aaron had to fight a smile from the perverse pleasure of manipulating someone.

"What's in New York?"

"If I am correct, more people like us. You go pack a suitcase and I'll get us two plane tickets."

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
    (Still not sure what the date and time is)

Miharu noticed, as she was straining to hold her powers up, that another person had walked up to where the rock formation had been before she had broken it with the shadows. As the other person laid his hand on his pistol, she knew that he wasn't like them.

Is he going to try to kill the other one...?

Miharu was determined not to let death happen again, but apparently luck wasn't on her side when the one she wrapped the shadows with had his fire burst the shadows apart, their only weakness was light, and created a huge column of fire.

Surprised by this action, Miharu dropped down the light for her invisibility, but managed to keep the one who made the rock formation invisible. Miharu's eyes narrowed as she held up her light again for invisibility before moving towards the one who made the rock formation.

"I've made you invisible by my own powers so after I destroyed the rock formation, you could either escape without being seen or you can use your powers freely without being seen," Miharu said to the one who made the rock formation, quietly so only the rock person could hear.

Having told him what he probably needed to know, she walked near where her old position had been, but a couple of feet away in case that the pistol wearing guy had seen the light disappear and herself visible.

I'm just about useless now if I can't seem to stop the fire person from going out of control, but if there is someone who can, then perhaps I could make them invisible while they try to help the other one? That's about all I could possibly do.

Satisfied with her decision, while dreading what her mother and sister was going to do when they found out she left, Miharu waited for any other..."super-human" would come along.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2012
    Time: 6:00

Sketch was happy that things had gone so smoothly. Now, he had a friend, as well as a home (for now)! He was happy with the way things were, all except for one thing.

Chris glanced around the apartment disdainfully. He did not like that his new friend had to live in such cramped conditions. "Hmm..." he muttered, "This place could use some refurbishing." So, he went to work.*

Once he was finished, Christopher looked at the "new" room. It now had three extra rooms, along with an extra couch. The droll colour scheme was a thing of the past; it was now decorated with all parts of the spectrum. Sketch was extremely weakened by doing all of this, and nearly collapsed before making it to the (now blue) bed and falling asleep nearly instantly.

GrifSpark

Years
  • Intervene
    Name: Sgt. Collin Murdoch
    Time: (Due to arkward times and such, it is now roughly
    mid-day)

Murdoch has knocked slightly off balance as a towering inferno appeared in front of him, smashing through the rock-formation. At this, a new person appeared from out of no-where, which Murdoch guessed was the cause of the disappearance. He pulled the pistol from its holster and pointed it at the new person. She was a girl, and couldn't be more than 14.

'Since when did kids that age get abilities like that?'

Murdoch joked to himself, thinking rather than saying.
    The girl ran over to the destroyed rock formation, and muttered something, although she was too far for Murdoch to hear clearly, even with his improved hearing. The girl soon returned to her original position, albeit a couple of feet off.

"Kid!" he yelled to the girl "Relax, I've got this thing covered"

At this, he turned to the pillar of fire, only to see a lash of fire head in his direction. Murdoch simply raised his hand in front of him, blocking his body from the hit. His hand was severely burned, and would take a normal person weeks to heal fully. He shook his hand slightly from the heat; it would only take him a couple of hours to heal completely.

"Let's do this!" Murdoch yelled, as he took a few steps backwards.

He dropped the gun, and picked up a hefty rock. It wasn't huge, but would take two or three people to carry themselves. He swung himself round, trying to build up enough momentum to throw it effectively. And then simply let go of the stone, as it shot forward into the base of the fire.

xxx

Shockwave
    Time: 11am – 12pm

'What was I thinking?' Thale thought to himself, after running through the city to Central Park.

It wasn't surprising that he couldn't get a taxi to Central Park. Who would be willing to drive you into what was growing into the biggest scientific phenomenon of the century. He continued to dash down the street, often stopping to catch his breath. Gym was never his strong point at school. Soon enough, he was at the entrance to the Park, and dashed across the path. He nearly fell backwards as a pillar of fire erupted from the centre. Something told him that was his destination.

"Let's do this!"

That was all Thale heard as he saw a man –who looked fairly old– throw a huge stone at the pillar of fire. This rock was huge, far too big for the ordinary human to carry.

'Maybe, just maybe…' Thale thought, thinking of the likely hood of someone else with powers like his.

He ducked behind a nearby-bush, which shielded his view for a second, but then continued to watch from a distance.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Years
    Place: Central Park, New York
    Time: Around 10am

MIharu nearly stumbled in surprise when she saw the guy point a pistol to where she was and shouted something at her.

I did bend the light correctly, right? I can feel the strain of bending light in two places, so yes, I did do it correctly.

Miharu's eyes narrowed. If he really could see me...Actually that's impossible unless he could sense my presence.

She watched as the pistol wearing guy got burned and noticed that it had already, barely, started to heal. She also watched the guy throw a rock that seemed to heavy for him to lift and the fire column. She also noticed someone ducked behind a bush. She rolled her eyes at the hiding place.

The pistol wearing guy...could he be another one of us...?

Miharu's eyes narrowed again. She didn't like mysteries.

Last edited:

MancerNecro

the reverse necromancer
    Years
  • Excitement

Time: 10.30am

"While we cannot explain the recent earthquake, our local traffic helicopter has picked up these disturbing images from Central Park. As you can see here, there appears to a strange rock formation and rubble at the heart of our city's legendary park. While we cannot confirm the cause or reason for this, the NYPD and NYFD are currently evacuating all local residents from the immediate vicinity and will began investigations shortly. Stay tuned for more updates."

Sitting in the train and reading his book, Jade looked up only when the news broadcasted the events of the Central Park. Jade opened his eyes wider and looked at the scene. He saw the girl becoming visible, the man throwing a stone too heavy to be held up by any ordinary man.

Excitement grew within Jade. Much as he liked to hide his powers, he had also wanted to use his powers openly. To use them openly and help others. However, he was afraid that with that, he might be ostracised. But with these group of superbeings as he'd like to call them, he might be able to fit in and use his powers openly without being ostracised.

The hairs on the back of Jade's neck stood up with Jade trying to force himself back into his book to pass the time between that of now and that of when he would actually reach New York. He was willing the battle to last longer. To last until the time when he would actually get there.

Finding that he was no longer able to keep his concentration on the book, Jade reached out with his mind and picked up several of his items and played around with them, tossing them around, pulling them. This worked and Jade laughed as the all-to-familiar feeling of Psychokinesis passed through his body.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back