• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Monotype Challenge, R/S/E Edition!

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2008
    Okay, since I'm further than BreakingBen I will go ahead and update. :)

-Started the game and picked Treecko for easier May battles. (or so I thought.)
    -Beat May, Treecko leveled to 7.
    -Caught a female Level 2 Shuppet. Boxed that stupid lizard.
    -Knock offed Poochyenas for 1 damage for about 3 hours to get to level 11.
    -Caught a wingull to teach fly to later, boxed it.
    -Travelled through beating trainers to death, Shuppet got to 16 before I reached Rustboro.
    -Skipped Rustboro for a minute and went to route 116 to catch a Nincada.
    -After catching it went directly to Roxanne.
    -Sent Nincada in and switched out to Shuppet the whole time, leveled a bit.
    -Beat Roxanne, which was a LOT easier than I expected.
    -Got Treecko back as a Cut slave.
    -Fought more trainers with Nincada.
    -Sailed to Dewford and am standing in front of the cave. (All in one night ^^)

Before I give my stats, a little story. I was fighting the Aqua grunt in Petalburg forest. I ran out of PP in Knock off (which was doing one damage anyway) so I was screeching him like crazy while he was messing with my stats. Finally wasted all 40 screeches and killed it with a struggle. Luckily its only attack was tackle or that could have been fatal...

Team:
    Nincada Lv. 13
    -Scratch
    -Harden
    -Leech Life
    -Sand Attack

Shuppet Lv. 17
    -Knock Off
    -Screech
    -Night Shade

Treecko Lv. 7 - Cut Slave

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Hmm, as I see that most of you are ahead of me (:'() I guess I'll throw a little update in here too.

-Fought my way to Rustboro and To Roxanne
    -Corphish started to disobey me (Hey, I didn't know it would happen!)

-Beat Roxanne with Nuzleaf (Bullet Seed FTW!!!!)
    -Am currently training Poochy to 18 and Corphish to 14, then I will set off for Dewford ^.^
    -...Poochy just evolved :D!!!
    -Caught nincada to use as an HM slave (Sorry Adrian :))

Team:
    Mightyena (YES!!) L: 19
    -Tackle
    -Howl
    -Sand-Attack
    -Bite

Nuzleaf L: 17
    -Nature Power
    -Harden
    -Growth
    -Bullet Seed (Awesomeness to the MAX!!)

Corphish L: 15 (Annoying...)
    -Bubble
    -Harden
    -Vicegrip
    -Leer

P.S.-I love your trainer card Adrian XD (Ima gonna make one like that soon :)).

J3

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2008
    Well the reason im trying so hard on this is becuse i was going to add Salmance and Flygon to my best team im not going to stop at the E4 im going to go train them some more at the BF to hopfully Lv:100 so i can have my ultamite WiFi team witch has not been started yet : )

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2008
    Hah hah. I caught a sableeye so now my team is all but one pokemon complete. I also massacred Brawly. He didn't even hurt me, because he couldn't but still.

You can call that a mini update. Haven't done enough for a big one yet.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2008
    Wattson just handed me my very first defeat... I hate confusion...

Update Time, cause I will forget otherwise. Okay I left off standing in front of the cave...

-Decided not to go train in the cave and just fight Brawly now.
    -Nincada start trade to Shuppet through the whole gym. Meditites could hurt me, but for some reason Brawly's didn't.
    -Beat Brawly.
    -I'm lazy and didn't want to catch a flash slave so I went at the cave in the dark. >.>
    -The encounter rate was crazy for me in this cave, an enemy would pop up almost every step.
    -Caught a Sableye (female again...) on the lowest level of the cave.
    -Met Steven and ran back to Rustboro to get the Exp. Share. Yay no more trade out! Gave it to Nincada.
    -Sailed to Slateport and leveled Sableye and Nincada on the beach trainers.
    -Head for Mauville, beating trainers all the way up.
    -Nincada evolves somewhere in here. I box the oversized bug and keep it's skin.
    -Beat Wally in one hit. ^^
    -Challenge Wattsons gym, no problem on the trainers, it's a breeze.

-This has to be in story form. Alright I save, and challenge Wattson. Forgot to change my first-out pokemon to Sableye so out goes Shedinja. Rollout, dead. I send out Sableye now. Use my only revive on Shedinja and with little challenge wipe out the voltorb. Shedinja against Electrike is an easy battle. Magneton is a whole different story. Fury Cutter with Shedinja, which would probably kill it in one hit after so many hits against Electrike. Supersonic and Shedinja commits suicide, great. Sableye out takes a Shock Wave (or whatever it is called) for a little less than half damage. I Night Shade, and it hits me with Shock Wave again, which kills me (This thing can do anywhere between 1 and 1 million damage I swear.) Out with Shuppet, I Night Shade and kill the giant pest. (Love Shuppet...) He sends out Manectric and I Night Shade again. We go back and forth with attacks and me using a LOT of super potions, when finally when I have full health, on a non critical, Shock Wave wipes me out. What is the range of damages on that thing!? It's crazy!

-Preparing to go it again.

Team:
    Shedinja Lv.21
    -Fury Cutter
    -Fury Swipes
    -Double Team
    -Mind Reader

Sableye Lv.22
    -Fake Out
    -Scratch
    -Fury Swipes
    -Night Shade

Shuppet Lv.23
    -Knock Off (still)
    -Screech
    -Night Shade
    -Curse

Treecko Lv.7 - Cut Slave (Still)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2012
    Heres what ive done so far

-Got lvl 5 Treeko
    -Beat rival
    -Caught Seedot
    -Trained both to lvl 13
    -Beat Roxanne

Treeko lvl 5
    -Pound
    -Leer
    -Absorb
    -Quick Attack

Nuzleaf lvl 15
    -Bind
    -Nature Power
    -Growth
    -Bullet Seed

I'm about to go fight that team magma member that I just saw run when I got out of the gym.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Ok my 3rd update on my slow progress through the game

-Trained Mudkip to Lv15
    -Beat Team Aqua Grunt in Petalburg Woods
    -Wurmple grew to Lv4 in Doubles's battle
    -Got Cut from Cutter
    -Went to Route 116 and caught a Nincada(Lv6)
    -Put Wurmple into the PC (tried to release him but he wouldn't go)
    -Taught Cut to Nincada
    -Went to Rustboro Gym
    -Beat all Trainers and Roxanne to earn the Stone Badge
    -Mudkip grew to Lv16 and evolved into Marshtomp
    -Nincada grew to Lv8
    -Saved in Rustboro Pokemon Center(Play Time 1:53)

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2008
    Agh! I did a whole lot of stuff, hit the wrong button on my keyboard and closed the game on accident. Now I have to do it all over... *headdesk* I'm done for the night. I'll get it back tomorrow.

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2008
    By the way J3. I answered your questions on EV training if you haven't noticed and if you have any more feel free to PM me. Lord knows I spent too much time studying the things.

To make this slightly less of topic. I beat Wattson! Made it to the fourth gym... sadly that is where I hit the wrong button so I am right after Wattson again. At least I saved after that.

J3

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2008
    Yes i seen that you had answered it and it was veryy helpful ^^ thanks.Right now
    (bout an hour ago) i am Ev Training my salmance Altaria and trapinch and since they are all dragons it takes forever to go up one level ^^ so yea

Oh yea Adrian it seems like your have a very bad day with saving lol again good luck tho.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2012
    After an hour or so of training my pokemon, I just beat Brawly. Im about to go deliver the letter....

Treeko lvl 21
    -Fury Cutter
    -Pursuit
    -Absorb
    -Quick Attack

Nuzleaf lvl 21
    -Fake Out
    -Nature Power
    -Growth
    -Bullet Seed

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Well considering the fact that i sick and its the weeknd play tim on emulator is great. Im up to sixth gym and my team is as follows

Swampert lvl 44
    muddy water(can't remember name its the one that hurts eletric butt)
    surf(tought to all my pokemon for some strange reason)
    focus punch
    Blizzard

Milotic lvl 50
    hydro pump
    surf
    hyper beam

Lanturn lvl 50(used gameshark for this srry if im not supposed to)
    thunder
    water gun
    surf

Darkjagwar

lollerskates now available
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    Your not aloud to use gameshark

he's right. you can only use cheats to get a pok? at the beginning as a starter.

besides, you can catch wild chinchou later in the game

BREAKINGBEN, if you're wondering why I haven't posted yet, I had problems with my Emerald Rom, so I'm just using my Ruby. I'll post shortly.

J3

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2008
    Well that and its a second gen pokemon and we're only suspose to use 3rd gen pokemon

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2008
    Yeah it's second gen, but because it can be caught in R/S/E, it's cool. As far as gamesharking it in though, that's up to BreakingBen.

Back