• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Monotype Challenge, R/S/E Edition!

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2009
    Sheesh you guys are quick. I suppose I'm hatching eggs on Pearl as well, so I won't be as fast. Let's see, update!

POISON CHALLENGE:

Named myself Ninja! :bandit:

After much deliberation, I chose Mudkip as my starter. This will make my rival have Treecko, which is Zubat/Golbat/Crobat food. Did all the starting stuff, beat May with Tackle, and caught a bunch of pokemon, including Wurmple. I guess the only way to tell whether I'll get a Dustox or Beautifly is to evolve it and see if it evolves into a Cascoon... With my luck, I'll have to catch and train like 10 Wurmple before I get the right kind.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Can I sign up for Water Types?
    Don't know seeing as I just finished water type you will get your answer soon.
    Anyway I beat E4 with both pokemon I posted and they are both around lvl 56-57. Two pokemon it took me to beat the game 2

"I ran into a wild Chinchou (GS'd) and caught it! YAYS!!!" -Darkjwar

You did what?! I did the samething in the beginning and I post here that I did and I beat the game with swampert and milotic without my lanturn. GGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I can't believe it for the sake of justice deposit it

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2009
    I'm pretty sure he was allowed to GS a chinchou because there aren't any electric types that early in the game, whereas there's a bunch of water types...

J3

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2008
    wow you beat it with lvl 56-58 i was still training my salamence was lvl 63 and flygon 60 lol i should've just went ahead and fought them well i guess thatr means the challenge is over unless thiers a part two ?? probbly not.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2009
    UPDATE (Poison challenge):

I am currently on Dewford, about to enter the gym to take on Brawly.

I thought Roxanne was going to be tough, considering the only pokemon I had was a level 15 Dustox, but I figured I'd try and see if I could beat her before training some more.

I went into battle, using Confusion, taking about 1/3 of Geodude's life away. Geodude used Rock Throw and... critical hit??? I got OHKO'd! I decided to try one more time. This time, I used an X Defend right away, causing Rock Throw to only damage for about 1/4 of my HP. Then I used X Special, which caused me to be able to 2HKO Geodude with Confusion. Then Nosepass came out. I healed, fully expecting to get crushed by more Rock Throw. But Nosepass' Rock Throw did less damage than Geodude's! I used Confusion about 10 times since Roxanne kept healing, but eventually, I won!

I beat up the Aqua guy, and then headed to Dewford, immediately running to the cave so I could catch my second team member, Zubat. However, Zubat is level 8 and only knows Leech Life and Supersonic, and there's no good place to train him on the island, so I might just cruise through Brawly with Dustox's confusion and train Zubat afterwards.

Current team:
    Dustox Lvl 17
    Lonely
    Confusion
    Gust
    Protect
    Poison Sting

Zubat Lvl 8
    Naughty
    Leech Life
    Supersonic
    --
    --

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2011
    Update:

-Got to Dewford and beat Brawly
    -Captured a Makuhita and gave Steven the letter
    -Beat Team Aqua in Slateport
    -Beat May
    -Trained around Mauville
    -Shroomish evolved into Breloom
    -Chose Acro Bike
    -Beat Wattson
    -Makuhita evolved into Hariyama while going down Cycling Road

Team:

Breloom Lvl 26
    -Mach Punch
    -Headbutt
    -Bullet Seed
    -Leech Seed

Hariyama Lvl 26
    -Rock Smash(Until I reach move deleter)
    -Fake Out
    -Vital Throw
    -Arm Thrust

Combusken Lvl 27
    -Scratch
    -Peck
    -Double Kick
    -Ember

Legendary Squirtle

Not Hacked, Just Legendary
    Years
  • Name: Aaron

Type: Bug

Game: Emerald (ROM)

Log:

To begin my mono bug type team I choose Mudkip as my starter, because I knew May would be easier to defeat if she had a grass starter pokemon. I saved Prof. Birch from that Poochyena and battled May on route 103.

After I won when back to Littleroot town and got a Pokedex, some pokeballs and a pair of Running shoes. I quickly left the small quiet town to begin my journey as the world's best Bug type pokemon trainer.

I quickly caught a Surskit (GS) and nicknamed it Aqua, for lack of a better name. After training Surskit to a decent level, enough so it can survive on its own, I continued my journey and quickly reached Petalburg City.

I then got tasked with the important job of helping Wally catch his first pokemon, which he did in no time at all. Both of us then headed back to my dad's gym and Wally moved to Verdanturf City.

As soon as that was over I headed to Petalburg Forest where I caught a Sillicoon, who I nicknamed Sakura, I would have caught a Wurmple earlier but it probably would have evolved into Cascoon instead. I then continued my trek in the forest until I battled the Team Aqua grunt and beat him badly.

After a beating all of the trainer in the forest and on the route towards the first gym, my Silcoon evolved into Beautifly, which meant it could finally participate in battles. I then healed my pokemon in town and headed out to 116 to catch my next pokemon.

I defeated every one on the route and eventually caught a Nincada who I nicknamed Dawn.

As soon as I caught her I headed back to Rustboro Gym to battle Roxanne for my first badge.

The battle was tough, even though I had two pokemon who had a move that was had a type advantage over her. I took down the two Geodudes with no problem at all, but Nosepass was a different story. It used Rock Tomb twice against Surskit and managed to defeat him. I then decided to blind it by having Nincada, use sand attack. I managed to get about six Sand attacks in before it Koed with Rock Tomb again. I then sent in Beautifly who managed it beat it with its absorb attack.

After I healed my pokemon and easily beat the Team Aqua grunt that was hiding in the cave. With my crushing victory at the Team Aqua grunt's despair, I got charged with the important task of delivering the letter to Steven and the goods to Slateport City.

I then boarded Mr. Briney ship and headed for Dewford Island where I trained my pokemon and easily delivered the letter to Steven. During the trip through the dark cave, Beautifly learnt how to use Gust.

As soon as I did that I challenged the gym leader to a battle, in order to gain my second badge. The battle was easy as Beautifly had leant Gust earlier and Koed all of Brawly's pokemon with it.

Team:

Dawn (Nincada) lvl 13

=>Scratch
    =>Harden
    =>Leech Life
    =>Sand Attack

Aqua (Surskit) lvl 16

=> Bubble
    => Quick Attack
    => Sweet Scent

Sakura (Beautifly) lvl 17

=>Harden
    => Absorb
    =>Gust
    => Stun Spore

Last edited:

Super Wario 64

So i herd u liek me?
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2009
    I guess I'll choose Mono Rock since all the other teams are taken. but, I'll have May's character cause before you meet her as Brendan, her intro music ain't as good as Brendan's intro music. even though they are both the same but with different pitches. if Mono Rock actually not taken, I will post my progress soon. and I'll be using Emerald.

Edit: Will need to post tomorrow cause of bedtime soon

Edit 2: Typo on "I'll have May's character cause before you meet her as brendan..."

Edit 3: This is a Question: Are you aloud to load-spam Save States to try to catch hard to catch pokemon like Gamesharked lunatone early with just a regular poke ball?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    I HAS TEH DARK TIIIIPES!>!>!> >D. Hehe, sorry about that. Well, I guess sign-ups are pertty much closed now... yeah.

Expect an update from me later today, I've been VERY VERY VERY VERY lazy (only at Wattson >.> <.<).

Super Wario 64

So i herd u liek me?
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2009
    I guess I'll call the whole thing off since I can't get the whole Gameshark Lunatone thing to work out... But reserve the Mono Rock challenge for me and i'll start it again if i can get a clean ruby rom as i'm doing the challenge on Ruby instead pf Emerald.>_> Also, I think i can't get Geodude till near the 2nd badge anyways.​

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    No there isn't, but don't fret! I am going to make a different type of challenge soon and you can join when its up :).

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    I know this is off topic but... I guess I can put up a LG/FR Monotype. It will take a while to re-write the rules, so just be patient. (I need time away from RSE.... playing games twice instantly through isn't good for the soul XD).

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2009
    Poison Challenge Update:

Dustox had no problems with Brawly due to her fighting resist and Confusion/Gust, so I was able to get Zubat some cheap XP by sending him out first and switching. After beating Brawly, I delivered the letter to Steven and taught Zubat Steel Wing... at least it's better than Leech Life! Headed back to Mr. Briney and he took me to Slateport. I ran up through the town and into the grass north of the city to catch an Oddish. My team is growing! Went back down onto the beach and trained Oddish and Zubat on the trainers there (Zubat was surprisingly hard to train; stupid Supersonic never hits for me and always hits for Wingulls...).

Current team:
    Dustox Lv 19
    Gust
    Confusion
    Protect
    Poison Sting

Oddish Lv 14
    Absorb
    Sweet Scent
    Bullet Seed
    --

Zubat Lv 13
    Leech Life (I HATE YOU LEECH LIFE!!11)
    Supersonic
    Steel Wing
    Astonish

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2011
    Fighting Update:
    -Caught a Machop in Fiery Path
    -Machop Evolved
    -Defeated Team Magma at Mt. Chimney
    -Defeated Flannery
    -Went back to Rustboro and beat Norman
    -Combusken evolved
    -Got Castform(in storage) after saving Weather Institute
    -Got to Fortree and beat Winona after about 10 tries(Altaria was hard 2 take down)
    -Caught a Heracross in Safari Zone
    -Beat Team Magma and Team Aqua in their hideouts
    -Currently trying to beat Tate and Liza, probably going to train before I face them

Team:

Blaziken Lv 44
    Quick Attack
    Slash
    Double Kick
    Blaze Kick

Heracross Lv 37
    Horn Attack
    Endure
    Counter
    Brick Break

Machoke Lv 37
    Rock Tomb
    Vital Throw
    Strength
    Revenge

Hariyama Lv 37
    Rock Smash
    Surf
    Vital Throw
    Arm Thrust

Breloom Lv 36
    Mach Punch
    Headbutt
    Sky Uppercut
    Leech Seed

Wingull
    Flies me around

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2009
    Poison Update:

Battled all the trainers around Mauville, including the Winstrates, everyone on the beach, basically any trainer I could find. I figured I was okay to go take on Wattson, despite having to go up against Magnemite and Magneton. However, the trainers in the gym that had Magnemite gave me a bit of trouble, so I got worried. Then I realized I never battled the trainers on Cycling Road, but since I had to take a break soon anyway I tried to take on Wattson.

My plan was to "hax" him to death. I'd use Pablo, my Gloom, to paralyze, then Bullet Seed/Absorb him to death. If/when Pablo faints, I send out Fang, my Zubat. Use Supersonic, then spam Bite and hope for flinchparaconfusehax. Then I still had Delilah, my Dustox, with her high Sp Def and healing with Moonlight to outlast him (along with Confusion to possibly confuse him again). Well, his Magnemite KOed Pablo and Fang, and seeing that I wasn't going to win, I quit. Guess I need to go on Cycling Road and slaughter Magnemite slowly and painfully for awhile...

Current team:

Dustox Lvl 21 (Delilah)
    Gust
    Confusion
    Moonlight
    Protect

Gloom Lvl 21 (Pablo)
    Absorb
    Bullet Seed
    Stun Spore
    Sleep Powder

Zubat Lvl 20 (Fang)