• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Monotype Challenge-- Red/Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    OOOtay! Update #1:
    I beat brock and got the whatever badge. I went through Mt. Moon. I got the Dome Fossil. I beat Misty and got the Cascade Badge.

Current Pokemon:
    Wartortle lvl 29
    Tackle
    Bite
    Bubble
    Watergun

Edit:
    Traded a spearow for a farfetch'd that will be my HM slave.

Last edited:

TheBlackRose

Pikachus and Apples
    Years
    Sorry guys, with my extended periods of absence there is no way that I'll be able to keep maintaing this thread. I'd like to turn the operations of the thread over to Myrrhman: if you want to make a new thread for this and just copy/paste the info in the first post, that will be fine. Sydian is it possible to change a thread's owner? If so, can you do that to this one?

Thanks for understanding,
    -PlatniumPiano

(Myrrhman if you don't want to run the thread, turn it over to someone you want in charge. Good luck all!)

BUT I LOVE YOU!

Lol, If I have to copy and paste that's fine -- I'll put it all into one massive post and it'll be like a badly written, Publicly pushed story that I'll force many of you to read :D XD

i stoped playing after crystal

omg i put something origional!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    ok well i beat blane, going after giovani next.

aww the thread leader is missing? that sucks, ooo ooo can there be co thread leaders? im lazy but i think it would be cool it i could work with my myrrhman.

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
    Years
    ok well i beat blane, going after giovani next.

aww the thread leader is missing? that sucks, ooo ooo can there be co thread leaders? im lazy but i think it would be cool it i could work with my myrrhman.

Yeah, it does suck, since I was going to join this Challenge, seeing as I've just about finished my G/S/C Gym Leader Challenge. If myrrhman doesn't want to take over this thread, I'd be more than happy too. I'll do my best to keep up with new additions on a daily basis, add people into the 'Hall of Fame', and make sure to keep the Challenger list well-organized with all their game info.

But, of course, if myrrhman chooses to take over this thread, I'm not gonna stop him, since technically, the OP chose who he wanted to take over for this thread.

P.S: myrrhman, if you don't feel like taking over the thread for this Challenge, just let me know through PM or VM and I'll take care of it.

Well, seeing as the OP (Original Poster, for those unfamiliar with net acronyms) is on extended leave, someone's gotta take over the Mono-type Red/Blue thread, right? Might as well be me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RULES

1. You may only use Pokémon of the type you have specified.

2. This is not a race, so take your time if you'd like.

3. The first Pokémon of your type must be caught before defeating Lt. Surge (this is to prevent people from breezing through the Gym with Diglett).

4. No glitches are to be used, whatsoever. Mew cannot be used, should you take up the Psychic Mono-type Challenge. The only exception to this rule is using Mew as a 'HM Slave', meaning that all you can use it for is HMs. It must be kept at LV. 7 at all times, and it cannot be used a shield to heal a separate Pokémon.

5. Dual-typed Pokémon are allowed (i.e: Bulbasaur and its evolutionary is available for both the Grass, and the Poison Mono-type Challenges).

6. The use of Legendary Pokémon is strictly prohibited. Mew is the only exception, for the reasons stated in Rule #4.

7. Pokémon that will evolve into the type you have chosen are legal (i.e: Charmander for the Flying-type Mono Challenge, since it's final evolution is Charizard, a Fire/Flying-type).

8. Trading is also prohibited, unless it is to evolve a Pokémon.

9. HM Slaves are allowed, but the maximum is two, and they cannot be used in any battle of any sort.

10. You may use a type, even if someone else has already started a Challenge with it (otherwise we'd run out of spots pretty quickly)

11. Emulators are acceptable in lieu of an actual game cartridge, and you may use the Space Bar (or whatever you have the Turbo button mapped to) to help for Level Grinding.

12. Dragon-type Pokémon are not included in this Challenge, seeing as the only Dragon-type in Pokémon Red/Blue is Dratini, which cannot be obtained until late in the game.

13. Please, update your status in a post every few Gyms or so, or every Gym if you feel up to it.

14. The Challenge is officially over once the Elite Four has been defeated (but, obviously, feel free to keep playing).

15. HAVE FUN!

Any questions about this Challenge should be directed to me through Personal Message (PM) or Visitor Message (VM).

Types and Challenges
    Credit to Limey_Chan/Cooltrainer Mike for the Userbars

Monotype Challenge-- Red/Blue

Challengers:

Challengers:

Challengers:
    Spoiler:

Challengers:

Challengers:
    Spoiler:

Challengers:
    Spoiler:

Challengers:
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    Challengers:
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    Challengers:
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

Challengers:
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    Challengers:
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    Challengers:

HALL OF FAME

Spoiler:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's all the info I've gathered for tonight. I've re-written the entire first post, included sprites for the Challengers teams (or at least, the ones I could get to), and just made the post look less cluttered. Feel free to copy and paste everything from here and update it. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to catch up on my sleep. Goodnight, everybody.

Last edited:

TheBlackRose

Pikachus and Apples
    Years
    The show must go on!

Once I get a little more Forum Literate and obtain a high post count (I only post if I'm willing to take the time to usually make fair posts) I'd volunteer to take a burden such as this -- I mean I play Pokemon off and on but these challenges, they make me need to play.

So credit to those who take the burden and keep the Challenge updated!

Edit: Also since you're taking up the thread -- Could I have My name listed in the challenges? (Those names under the types are ones doing not completing, right?)

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    Using only one Pokemon till I can get more water types is irritating - I've died to Gary near the Indigo Plateau, twice from Weedle Poisoning in the Forest, and now to a Pidgey because of that blasted Sand Attack. Fortunately I can get a Magikarp soon >_> Speaking of that, @TheBlackRose, I knew instantly where your Gyrados came from, because it was something I had planned to do all along ^_^

Also, I'm recording it for Youtube or something. Just doing the leaders, but seeing as Brock was so foolishly easy I don't know if I'll upload it. Got the idea from an unevolved challenge that I saw.

TheBlackRose

Pikachus and Apples
    Years
    Thank God for the scam artist right before Mt. Moon, right?

Using Water Pokemon is a real Hassle since you can't have a proper team until AT LEAST Vermillion -- and that's if you want an entire team of Catfish.

I think after I finish this challenge -- I'll go with poison. I've never really used poison before.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    het arcelio, dont forget me, i beat it with bugs and am now uing fighting, though im not gonna speed through the fighting types like i did the bugs.

ok i beat giovani.

hitmonlee lvl.45
    machoke lvl.45
    poliwrath lvl.45
    2 primeapes lvl.44

gottaa level these guys up or ill get destroyed.

Last edited:

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
    Years
    het arcelio, dont forget me, i beat it with bugs and am now uing fighting, though im not gonna speed through the fighting types like i did the bugs.

ok i beat giovani.

hitmonlee lvl.45
    machoke lvl.45
    poliwrath lvl.45
    2 primeapes lvl.44

gottaa level these guys up or ill get destroyed.

Well, like I said, I was just stockpiling the info I could find last night (at around 3:00 AM). I don't think I'll be taking over the thread though. Just seems like a whole lot of work. I mean, I was just having trouble making sure to try to include everyone, their teams, and their progress, while trying to make it look nice and tidy. I think I'll let PlatniumPiano's appointed OP to take over. I just gave him the info I could get at the time, sprites, and rewrote the rules. I don't know why, I just get really bothered by messy looking Challenges. It's like 'Well, if you can't be bothered to make the Challenge presentable, why should I bother with this Challenge at all?'. At least, that's how I see it. I think I'd be better as a co-OP, making suggestions and updating the OP to the current progress.

TheBlackRose

Pikachus and Apples
    Years
    THE STORY OF OUR WATER-OBSESSED HERO CONTINUES!

Day 14: I took the long road back through routes 16, 17 and 18 -- That hill seemed to be the hardest task. I passed through Celadon -- I made a quick trip to the market. Saffron City, I was in the fighting gym before I knew it - Of course they had to badge to give, but some battle to be had. Hydro finally had his turn at showing his worth in combat -- I think I'm training them well. Afterward I head to the Psychic gym and go through the mindless puzzle set for trainers, The ghost trainers showed more Malice then those who used psychic. Sabrina showed little fight in her -- The best of her team was Alakazam -- but proper switching in battle proved it's worth. Six down, Two to go.

Day 15: I flew back home to Pallet using a small bird I traded for at Vermillion, I visited my Mom and showed her my team -- I think she liked Hydro. Shortly after I sailed for Cinnabar Island - Hydro was fun to ride. Once there I visited around, I found a lab that was still in running condition, one of the scientists mentioned turning Fossils to live Pokemon again. I had a fossil. I gave him a Helix fossil I found way back in Mt. Moon -- He told me to come back later, so I surfed around and battled a few trainers before coming back. An Omanyte -- I named him Pryhisoris. I went into the maze of a place west of the gym and trained Pryhisoris as I weaved through out the maze, He certainly could fight for a Pokemon that's been gone for Several million years. I found the key and Pryhisoris evolved into a Omastar -- I'm the proud owner of the only one in the world; So I hope.

Day 16: I finally could battle the seventh gym -- Which was easier then any of the other gyms, I finally had an upper hand for the first time since I first met Brock. Pryhisoris showed his combat worth today in that fire lit building -- Not even his strongest Pokemon scratched mine. My team is finally complete and I have one more Gym to go.

Edit/Addition:

Day 17:
    I surfed back to Pallet and made my way to Viridian, time for my final Gym. The Gym Leader again had a fetish for puzzles so I spent most of the time spinning in circles into non-slick tiles. I have to admit, My Pokemon weren't leveled properly for the challenge but I took it up anyway. To my surprise it was Giovanni that lead the gym -- Hopefully it would be the last time I would see the man. Ice and water -- He never stood a chance. All eight Badges in hand, I knew that my adventure was not yet over, I'd stock up on rations and prepare for the long walk ahead. Maybe I'll train first.

Edit/Addition:

THE FINAL EPISODE!

Day 18:
    I head west through the short grass, I'd been here before training, it seemed like yesterday -- Then again it was only two weeks ago. I weaved through the officers, each and every one pestering me for my badge -- I was surprised one didn't ask me for a ninth on my way. I was in Victory Road, I had become apart of yet another Dangerous maze, I certainly got lost several times, Nuwee used more then his fair share in strength on the numerous puzzling boulders. Switch upon switch until I made it to the end. I needed a shower and the league had a trainer's hotel. Almost there.

Day 19: I had spent the entire day training, pushing and pushing, I knew they were tired, so was I -- But I had to prepare them for the challenge ahead - It will NOT be easy in there like the Gym before, there would be no rest nor fun. I trained them through the entire day, destroying wild Pokemon upon Pokemon, Training to the limits. The end of the day I and my team were ready, They had it hard -- Just one more Day guys.

Day 20/Final: It was time for the final push, the final battles. I was prepared, they were prepared and rested -- It's go time. Lorelei was first, her ice cold eyes were just as her Pokemon Fierce and tough, an intense battle unfolded which I won without much of a problem, luckily. Second was Bruno, His dedication showed me a tougher time then the first, I suffered by losing a single one of my team -- Thank God for Medical supply stock. Agatha -- She should of been like her Pokemon being at that age, her wisdom nearly stopped me then and there, I barely came out on top. Lance, He gave me a run for my life, the battle was beautiful, for each one of his I would knock down, he would counter just as is -- My Victory was result of pure luck. I won -- I finally came out as the champion; or so it would have been. Jack beat me to the spot, he held the title, his smug look saying he won and deserved his spot -- I'm gonna beat that dumb grin right from his face. I was out classed, I was out gunned, I was out trained -- But my Team pushed, and Pushed and never gave up -- If I wasn't calling a move, I was healing an injured pal. It was difficult, it was the hardest battle I had come to face -- It was a Champions battle. His final Pokemon fell to the ground, struck by the least well trained of my team. His face was priceless, his grin was now one of anger. He's got Jack on me. (That stupid pun was perfect.)

Some pictures I captured. :D

And Que the dramatic ending sequence!

Next! :D I REALLY enjoyed doing this guys -- I think I'll either retake this one, or take a more odd challenge (Why does all Baby Pokemon appeal to me...)

Last edited:

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
    Years
    Alright, I complete the game, forgot to keep updating but my final team was:

BULBA: Level 63

WEEPSPROUT: Level 60

NIDA: Level 60

NIDO: Level 60

ZOLBAT: Level 60

I would rechallenge but I am sooo busy with my ROM hacking at the moment. Crystal You still interested in doing that GSC challenge?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    ok, i beat the game with fighting types, i liked them because they coulod learn a varaity of different moves, fighting, normal, electric, water, ice, fire. they were great, the only problum i realy had was with psychic types.

final team
    2 lvl.60 mankys

lvl.61 poliwrath

lvl.60 machoke

lvl.60hitmonlee

i honestly could have finished it in a few days but i get distracted...

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
    Years
    So to clarify, it looks as if Myrrhman isn't active in this thread anymore? In that case, it is fine for Arcellio (spelling?) to take over, form a new thread w/e. I understand that it will be too big of a hassle to collect all the data from everyones challenges, so a clean one would be fine.

I'm sorry for my periods of extended leave guys! But to whomever creates the new thread, I'll try to finish my water challenge and post it there...

(BTW Black Rose.... How did you beat the E4? Were they all lvl 50 goin in? Mine are there right now, but I'll see how I can do. Would you reccomend training them to higher levels? Thanks.)

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Oh, sorry Platinum, I've just been checking the first post periodically. I can take over if you want no problem, I'm running the 3rd gen right now, and it doesn't take me long to go through 7 pages to copy data. I'm incredibly organized (and a little bit addicted to organizing things. for example, i'm going to have to finish all the monotype challenges so i can have one run with each of them) which is exactly what you need in someone running it. I'll have it posted in a few hours probably.

LukerØath

Somewhat Cool Guy
    Years
    Go ahead and sign me up for a flying type one on red version...

I'm also considering doing a ground one too, but I would like to know if I could use Primape on that one.

If I CAN use Primape please notify me and put me down for that one as well. Thanks!(:

I'll go ahead and update my Flying one now. (Note: I don't nickname my Pokemon).

Trainer name: Lukeroa [Luk-er-o-a]
    Rival name: Juggalo

My name is a mix of my name, Luke, and my favorite band, UnderØath. Hence my Profile name "LukerØath".
    So, as my rival I decided to take something from music I hate. Therefore Juggalo was perfect, as I have a great distaste for ICP.

ANYWAYS!!!

This is a Flying type one of course so, I picked Charmander!(:

Immediately caught Spearow, Pidgey, and Butterfree.(:

Grinded out some intense training to have them all at level 10 BEFORE my fight with Juggalo going toward the E4.

Defeated him easily using only Spearow.

Any ideas on the other two Pokemon I should add to the party?

CURRENTLY: Charmander, Pidgey, Spearow, and Butterfree.

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    [FONT=&quot]Unfortunately, you can't do use Primape in a ground challenge, because he is fighting type, and not ground. If you do a ground challenge, you have to only use ground pokemon. now, you could use a Primape as an HM slave, but I don't know why you would do something like that to yourself, too much training for nothing. I'll go ahead and put you down for flying, and if you want to still do ground (or fighting if you really want to use the Primape) go ahead and post it again, and I'll sign you up for that one too. On that note, I'm done organizing it, so bear with me for a few minutes while I make a new thread. Anyone wishing to sign up for the challenge, kindly do so in the new thread.

Edit: Also, you should use a Gyarados. Its worth it. My flying type monorun has:

Charizard: Flamethrower, Rock Slide, Slash
    Gyarados: Surf, Earthquake, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt
    Butterfree: Psychic
    Pidgeot: Fly
    [/FONT]

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 1, 2010
    I've never done this before, but it sounds fun!
    I'll go grass for this first time!
    Doing it in Red. I'll update a bit later!

EDIT: First Update. <3
    Started: 12:05 on April 29th.
    -Picked Bulbasaur
    -Rival Battle #1; Beat Rival
    -Went to Viridian, Got Package back to Oak, Pokedex
    -Back in Viridian headed to Route 2
    Time: 0:13. Pokemon: 1
    -Bulbasaur: Tackle, Growl, and Leech Seed. LVL 8.

Will do more tomorrow. :)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back