• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Monotype Challenge-- Red/Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
Years
  • YESSS!!! Just defeated Brock. I recorded it instead of writing it down to save time. The recording is attached

UPDATE: Just caught a Zubat and called it ZOLBAT

Last edited:

PokemonRockstar

old skool
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 19, 2012
    So i beat LT Surge which was super easy with a level 38 Charizard, i taught it dig using the TM, i caught some extra pokemon just so i could get HM05 Flash, but i still need to catch one that can use it. other then that training in diglets cave helped a lot!

Team for flying:
    Charizard level 40
    Gyrados level 28
    Pigettoe level 29
    Oddish lv 16 only using for cut

i stoped playing after crystal

omg i put something origional!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    ok, i did it, i grinded all my pokemon and with two of my team still alive defeated blain. i diddent fight any of his guys because i knew the trivia. then it was super speed leveling up to get ready for giovani.i defeated giovani and now have all 8 badges. im currenty going through the cave to get to the elite 4.

butterfree lvl.60
    sleeppowder,psybeam,confusion,psychic

beedrill lvl.60
    pin missle, twin needle, fury attack, rage

beedrill lvl.60
    pin missle, twin needle, fury attack, rage

scyther lvl.60
    quick attack,cut,toxic,slash

parasect lvl.61
    bodyslam,stunspore,dig,solar beam

mew hmslave
    strengh,surf,flash,fly

ill update once i beat them.

PokemonRockstar

old skool
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 19, 2012
    Speed training is so much fun lol makes thing a bit easier, and for sure quicker lol

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    i did it!!! i have a new found respect for bug types now, there amazing!

pics

Monotype Challenge-- Red/Blue

well, there it is, mark me down as the bug type CHAMPION!!!!!!

Final Team:

im lazy so i pasted the same beedrill twice, there the same anyways.

THANKYOU!!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    yeah, im gonna do fighting type now, i figure i can grab a few of them early on. so when is the perso gonna put me in as a champ? staying up all night to get started. btw pichu, how far are you?

im going to do it on blue this time

Last edited:

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
    Years
  • I am in Cerulean city. Just trying to train everyone up to level 32 before I challenge Misty, I would be there by now but I havent had much time at the moment...

Edit: I think the first fighting type is a Mankey outside Pewter City, but Mankey is a good one cos it trains to be quite strong, especially catching it that early on the game.
    Edit 2: Would you do a GSC one because I am thinking about starting one, if there isnt one already...
    Edit 3: I am on Blue, are you on a gameboy or an emulator, I am using Visual Boy Advance it is cool cos you can speed it up slightly just by turning off the sound, it speeds up to the sort of speed you get with the running shoes...

UPDATE: S*** MY GAME GLITCHED AGAIN!!!! I AM ALL THE WAY BACK IN MT MOON NOW!!!!!! B****Y GAME!!!!!!

Last edited:

Andrew1989

neet
    Years
  • Well, after not having enough time managing to finish off my fire challange, I am going to try and get a "big" update in my file this time.

---

- Entered the Rocket Game Corner and defeated the Rocket Grunt guarding the poster.
    - Went to the Poké Mart and bought 20 Super Potions (for May since she'll need constant healing).
    - Healed my Pokémons at the Poké Center.
    - Re-entered the Rocket Game Corner and pushed the button behind the poster. Headed downstairs in the hideout.
    - Wasted 2 Super Potions on May while fighting a Rocket Grunt in the Game Corner basement.
    - May grew to level 21 while defeating a Rocket Grunt. Also going to be switching out to Flare to help defeat strong pokémons (till May is strong enough to fight).
    - Wasted 1 Potion on May while she grew to level 22.
    - While fighting in the Rocket Basement, a Rocket's Raticate managed to kill May with Hyper Fang. Flare avenged his team-mate.
    - Left and healed at the Poké Center.
    - Re-entered the Rocket Game Corner a third time.
    - While fighting a Rocket, it's Koffing poisoned my Vulpix and I used an Antidote. Got Poisoned again and managed to have Flare finish it off. May grew to level 23.
    - Used Dig to escape the Rocket Game Corner and healed at the Poké Center.
    - Entered the Rocket Game Corner a 4TH time ;-;.
    - Picked up the "Double Edge" TM.
    - Beat another Rocket using May making her grow to level 24. Also wasted another Super Potion on it.
    - While fighting a Rocket, he dropped a Lift key. Picked up the item "Lift Key".
    - Took the Elevator to floor B4 and fought the two Rocket's guarding the door to Giovanni. May grew to level 25.
    - Took on Giovanni.

Rocket Head Giovanni

Onix: Taken down by a single Dig.
    Rhyhorn: Also taken down by a Single Dig.
    Kangaskhan: Even though Slash got Critical, it still survived. Another one took it down.

- May grew to level 26.
    - Flare grew to level 46 and learned Flamethrower. Got rid of "Ember" for Flamethrower.
    - Obtained Silph Scope.
    - Used Dig to escape and healed my team at the Poké Center.
    - Left Celadon City and travelled back to Lavender Town.
    - Entered the Pokémon Tower.

---

Badges: 3
    Pokédex: 5
    Time: 5:56

May (Vulpix)
    Level: 26
    Type: Fire
    HP: 65
    Attack: 33
    Defense: 30
    Speed: 48
    Special: 48
    Moves: Ember, Tail Whip, Quick Attack, Roar

Sandshrew (Cut Slave).
    Level: 14
    Type: Ground
    HP: 38
    Attack: 26
    Defense: 29
    Speed: 18
    Special: 16
    Moves: Scratch, Sand-Attack, Cut

Flare (Charizard)
    Level: 46
    Type: Fire / Flying
    HP: 144
    Attack: 109
    Defense: 103
    Speed: 119
    Special: 96
    Moves: Slash, Dig, Flamethrower, Leer

---

So much for a big update ;-;

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    @ I Like Shiny Pichu: well i passed after lke 12 hours of halo so i diddent play the game at all. i will though. hmm i think we should start it once i beat this. when the hell is the person gonna get on anyways, i want to be listed as a champion. i use a visual boy advanced emlator, if you hold down space you can super speed it. idk why your glitches up...mine never does. good luck man.

Andrew1989

neet
    Years
  • Because I am an idiot and didn't beat that last Rocket member hiding in the Celadon Rocket Game Corner, my next update in Blue will have me wasting my time to travel back and defeat him ¬_¬'.

---

- Left Pokémon Tower and travelled all the way back to Celadon City.
    - Entered the Rocket Game Corner.
    - Defeated the last Rocket member in the Game Corner and escaped using Dig.
    - Bought 2 Firestones in the Poké Mart.
    - Also bought a Fresh Water out in vending machiene on the roof-top in the Poké Mart.
    - Got Eevee in Celadon City and named it Verity (which'll be hilarious if traded to 2nd gen as it'll turn out to be male ;-;).
    - Used Fire Stone on Verity and she evolved into a Flareon.
    - Healed my team at the Poké Center and left for Lanvender Town.
    - Entered the Pokemon Tower for a 2nd time.
    - Ran into my Rival.

Rival Zachary

Pidgeotto: switched Verity and brought out Flare. It done Gust to me and I finished it off with a single Slash
    Growlithe: Brought out Verity again andf switched her out for Flare. Tried to do "Roar" to me yet was useless and died from 1 Slash
    Exeggcute: Brought out Verity again but allowed her to kill it with a couple of tackles. Also did little damage to me with Barrage.
    Kadabra: Went down from two Tackle's by Verity.
    Wartortle: Went down from 6 Tackle's from Verity (Rival used a Potion) and she nearly died from a couple of Water Gun's / Bubbles.

- Verity grew to level 26
    - Used a Super Potion on Verity and switched her position for May (since May has a fire type move and can kill Gastly's).
    - Used a single Potion on May after beating a Channler (didn't need to use one but used one just to be on the safe side :)).
    - While fighting against a Channler, wasted 1 Super Potion on May since she nearly died of a Gastly's Night Shade. May grew to level 27.
    - May got Paralysed fighting against a Channler's Gastly and wasted 2 Super Potions on it this time.
    - Before entering the purify zone, finished off the rest of the Channler's by switching out May and bringing in Flare to kill most of there Pokemons with Flamethrower. Non grew ;-;.
    - Healed Pokemons by stepping in Purify Zone.
    - May grew to level 28 after beating yet another Channler. Got rid of "Roar" for "Confuse Ray.
    - Both Flare & May suffered from Paralysis when fighting a Channler's Haunter. Had to return back to the Purify zone to cure the problem.
    - Suffered another Paralyse from a Channler's Gastly. Wasted a Super Potion on Flare & May.
    - Flare suffered Paralyse from beating the Last Channler's Gastly. Also threw away 2 Potions & Awakening and picked up a Rare Candy. Wasted a Super Potion on Flare.
    - Obliterated Marowak with Flare's Flamethrower (had to return May so she didn't die though).
    - Defeated the 3 Rocket's and saved Mr. Fuji. Wasted 1 Super Potion to heal Verity and May grew to level 29. Mr Fuji also gave me the Poké Flute for saving him.
    - Sold 1 Nugget & 1 Rare Candy at the Poké Mart.
    - Healed my Pokemons at the Poké Center and despositied not needed items in my PC.
    - Left for Celadon City.
    - Took the Celadon Gym challange and May suffered Paralysis after the 2nd trainer. Flare grew to level 47.
    - Left the Gym and healed my team. Also depositied any items that aren't needed.
    - Bought 15 Antidotes, 15 Awakenings, and 15 Paralyz Heal's at the Poké Mart.
    - Entered the Celadon Gym for a 2nd time and defeated the rest of Erika's trainers growing May to level 31. Only had to waste one Paralyz heal, one Antidote, and one Super Potion on May. Also took on Erika.

Gym Leader Erika

Victreebel: Since I had no grass type to help me this time (as all her Pokemons spam Poison powder if you start with Bulbasaur), this Pokemon actually gives me hassle now. Wasted one Antidote on May (since I got hit with Poison Powder) Managed to get it burned and it fainted after three Ember's from May. It spammed Wrap (which was lucky for me).
    Tangela: Hardly a threat as it only spammed Bind here (which wasted time). Died from 2 Ember's from May.
    Vileplume: Erika's "most" annoying Pokemon to take out. May was running out of Ember's as it is so with Vileplume nearly dead, May managed to burn it. May used 1 Quick-Attack before Erika used a Super Potion on it so that the burn wouldn't have killed it. Vileplume's Petal Dash spammed my May and killed it in three moves. Flare finished it off with a Slash.

- May grew to level 32.
    - Recieved the Rainbow Badge and the "Mega Drain" TM.
    - Left Celadon Gym and healed my team.

---

Badges: 4
    Pokédex: 7
    Time: 7:26

May (Vulpix)
    Level: 32
    HP: 79
    Attack: 41
    Defense: 37
    Speed: 60
    Special: 60
    Moves: Ember, Tail Whip, Quick Attack, Confuse Ray

Sandshrew (Cut Slave)
    Level 14
    Moves: Scratch, Sand-Attack, Cut

Flare (Charizard)
    Level: 47
    HP: 148
    Attack: 112
    Defense: 106
    Speed: 122
    Special: 99

Verity (Flareon)
    Level: 26
    HP: 73
    Attack: 74
    Defense: 39
    Speed: 41
    Special: 71
    Moves: Tackle, Sand-Attack

---

Might update again later :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    ok...well there are no makeys in blue version....so im starting with red now...

started game, blahblahblah, beat rival, blahblahblah, got 2 mankys, trained them and beat brock. done for tonight.

Last edited:

Andrew1989

neet
    Years
  • Hoping to get a decent update in my Blue file this time.

---

- Travelled West of Celadon City and encountered a rather fat Snorlax. Used the Poké Flut on it and it awoke to fight. Switched out May for Flare and beat it with 2 Flamethrower's.
    - May grew to level 34 after defeating the top-half of the Bikers on Cycling Road. Wasted 1 Elixer and 3 Super Potions on it.
    - While fighting a Biker, May grew to level 35 and learned Flamethrower. Got rid of the move "Ember". Also ran out of Super Potions :(.
    - Finished defeating the last of the Biker's on Cycling Road growing May to level 37. Verity also grew to level 28 (where it also managed to learn Quick Attack).
    - Defeated the Bird Keeper's on Route 18 growing Verity to level 29 & Flare to level 48.
    - Arrived in Fuchsia City and healed my team.
    - Took on the Gym Challange and left after nearly having May die of a Juggler's Kadabra. Also sold All Paralyz Heals / Antidotes / Awakenings and bought 25 Super Potions & 25 Full Heals at the Poké Mart. Also healed my team and returned to the Fuchsia City Gym.
    - Took on 2 more trainers only to leave the gym after May died (again). She managed to grow to level 38. Healed my team (again) and re-entered the gym for a third time. Also had wasted 1 Super Potion and 1 Full Heal.
    - Finished off Koga's trainers growing May to level 39. Wasted 2 Full Heal's and 3 Super Potions to heal my team. Also challanged Koga.

Gym Leader Koga

Koffing: Hardly a threat as it's only damage it did was Tackle. Went down from 2 Flamethrower's by May.
    Muk: Thought it was going to be a threat but all Koga did was spam X Attack's to make it stronger. Sadly, all it did was Poison Gas (which I wasted a Full Heal on May). Survived two Flamethrowers from May (and now had no PP for the move) before it went down from 3 Quick Attacks.
    Koffing: Died from Flare's Flamethrower.
    Weezing: Survived from Flare's Flamethrower and managed to posion it with Sludge. Cured the problem with a Full Heal and Koga used an X Attack. Weezing fell from another Flamethrower.

- May grew to level 40.
    - Recieved the Soul Badge and got the "Toxic" TM.
    - Healed my team at the Poké Center.
    - Payed 500 to enter the Safari Zone. Managed to find the Gold Teeth and recieved the "Surf" HM.
    - Handed the "Gold Teeth" to the Warden and recieved the "Strength" HM. Taught Strength to Sandshrew.
    - Travelled east and arrived in Route 15. While fighting the first trainer, wasted some Full Heal's and managed to grow Verity to level 30 & Flare to level 49.
    - While in Route 15, Verity fainted against a Bird Keeper because of one Sand-Attack. May helped finish the battle. Travelled back to a Poké Center. Also went to the Poké Mart and bought 25 Revives. Went back to Route 15.
    - Finished defeating the rest of the trainers on Route 15. Wasted a couple of Super Potions / Full Heal's and 1 Revive on Verity. Verity grew to level 34 (and learned Ember at 31).
    - Defeated the trainers on Route 14 growing Verity to level 36 (who sadly ran out of attacking moves :() and growing May to level 42 (teaching it Fire Spin and ridding Tail Whip). Also used my last Fire Stone evolving May into Ninetales. Also used a few Super Potions.
    - Defeated the trainers on Route 13 growing May to level 43 (Who ran out of moves for attacking :(). Wasted 1 Super Potion.
    - Defeated the trainers on Route 12 growing Flare to level 50. Also killed the last Snorlax there.
    - Travelled to Saffron City where I had to hand over my Fresh Water to the guard to get access to the city. Also recieved the TM "Psychic".
    - Healed my team at the Poké Center.

---

Badges: 5
    Pokédex: 8
    Time: 10:13

Verity (Flareon)
    Level: 36
    HP: 101
    Attack: 105
    Defense: 56
    Speed: 59
    Special: 99
    Moves: Tackle, Sand-Attack, Quick Attack, Ember

Sandshrew (Cut & Strength Slave)
    Level: 14
    Moves: Scratch, Sand-Attack, Cut, Strength

May (Ninetales)
    Level: 43
    HP: 136
    Attack: 87
    Defense: 82
    Speed: 112
    Special: 112
    Moves: Flamethrower, Fire Spin, Quick Attack, Confuse Ray

Flare (Charizard)
    Level: 50
    HP: 157
    Attack: 120
    Defense: 113
    Speed: 130
    Special: 106

---

Might update later or tomorrow. Taking a break from playing.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm on spring break, plus I'm sick, so I really need something to do. Consider me in on this one. I debated which type to use all weekend, no joke. XD But I think I'm going to go with Poison for this. I don't plan on using a full team, but mind end up doing so; there's so many poison types in these games. I'm about to get my Red Version and start. I'm waving goodbye to a Mew and Articuno, by the way. :C I hope y'all are happy. ;; Don't expect wonderful, elaborate update stories, by the way. Not my style. I'll probably just update after every badge.

Don't know the sign up sheet...

User: Sydian
    Type: Poison
    Badges: 0
    Time: 0:00
    Team: None

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
    Years
  • That sounds good i stopped playing after crystal PM me at some point and we will talk some more about it, off subject a little are you any good at ROM hacking?

Update:

Trained everyone to level 32 a couple pokemon evolved, BULBA and ZOLBAT

Beat Misty (Recording attached)

Caught a Bellsprout after much contemplation but forgot to nickname it

Trained Bellsprout to level 32 and it evolved into a Weepinbell, now to find a Leaf Stone

Off to Vermillion City, might train a bit before hand maybe to level 50...

Update: Ground everyone to level 50, no evolutions or new pokemon, off to the SS Anne now :)

Last edited:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2011
    forget to update yesterday, i beat misty so yeah...2 lvl.21 mankys, looking for a machop...
    shiny-pichu, if you train them to lvl.50 they wont obey u, only to lvl.30.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm in Mt. Moon now. Um. Yeah. Brock was easy as pie. I underestimated Vine Whip's power though; I didn't think it would OHKO Onix.

Zoom / Ivysaur Lv. 17
    - Tackle
    - Growl
    - Leech Seed
    - Vine Whip

Goupille / Nidorino lv. 17
    - Leer
    - Tackle
    - Horn Attack
    - Poison Sting

I forgot to name it Sakaki fffff. :< I always name the Nido m. line Sakaki. Oh well.

Batte / Zubat lv. 9
    - Leech Life

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
    Years
  • Beat LT Surge (Recording attached) forgot to start recording so I missed a trainer and it also explains why it says "The electric locks were reset" at the begining. @ i stopped playing after crystal I think that is only for traded pokemon as all mine are obeying so far...

UPDATE: Also attached GYM 2 cos I forgot to do it before lol

UPDATE 2: Withdrew the Pikachu I caught before and taught it Flash it is now an HM Slave...

UPDATE 3: BUM, Pikachu can only learn flash in this game, thought it could learn Rock Smash and Strength the same as in the others, could I please cancel that HM slave thing

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back