• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Oh lol don't worry about something like that totopacman.

I narrowed it down to normal and bug types. Meh I can't decide..,

Toxic Potato

Always Sleepy
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2020
    Just a small comment. As soon as one of my friends has a Riolu and Beldum egg, I'll start a Steel playthrough.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Sounds good...neways, I made some updates to the first post (such as champions, type, whatnot)

Well I flipped a coin...Normal types here I come.

Shiari Xero

Completely Original
    Years
    Alright, time for my update.
    • Finally reached Violet City, after grinding Shroomish for awhile.
    • Went to sprout tower and attacked, grass on grass isnt fun. Luckily i learned tackle have way through so i had an attack that wasnt resisted
    • Finally beat the Elder, and got TM Flash, walked back down, hey free Escape rope.
    • Went to challenge Violet City Gym....with an Egg and one Grass-Type.
    • Beat Falkners lackies.
    • Got to Falkner
    • -Beat his Pidgey
    • --Pidgeotto kicked Shroomish's a**
    • Went and walked around Violet City, Come on egg...HATCH FFS!
    • Egg finally hatched, Riolu.
    • Grinded Riolu, and went to take on Violet Gym again
    • -Riolu Defeated Pidgey
    • --Riolu downed by Pidgeotto
    • ---Shroomish downs Pidgeotto (Thank GOD Roost takes away the flying type for a turn, STAB Seed Bomb on a Normal type is awesome! xD)
    • Got Zephyr Badge!
    • Got Togepi Egg
    • Got to the Pokemon Center outside of Union Cave, Got Old Rod
    • Woo, time to trek back to Violet City
    • Caught a Poliwag with an old rod.
    • Currently walking through Union Cave, grinding my Poliwag senseless

Badges:

Team:

Poliwag (M) Level 12
    Ability- Water Absorb
    Brave Nature
    -Water Sport
    -Bubble
    -Water Gun
    -Hypnosis

Airen (M) Level 18
    Ability- Inner Focus
    Bold Nature
    -Quick Attack
    -Force Palm
    -Counter
    -Vacuum Wave(Egg Move)

Shroomish (M) Level 16
    Ability- Poison Heal
    Quirky Nature
    -Leech Seed
    -Seed Bomb
    -Bullet Seed
    -Tackle

(I will be giving them all nicknames when i get to Goldenrod)

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
    Years
    Got bored, so I figured I'd update. This one isn't going to be humorous though, considering that I caught a nasty flu bug sometime between Thursday and yesterday, so I'm not at 100%. Kinda explains why I passed out at 5:00 AM this morning. Also, .EJ, you're doing Normal-type? It seems like I have even more competition this Challenge. Also, just so everyone knows, I'm taking a break from creating Userbars. I'll finish out the types for this Challenge, but after that, I need some rest. I'm not feeling very well, and I don't want to overexert myself. Sorry.

• Activated all the floor traps in the Rocket Base, so I can gain some free EXP. It's a shame that I'm not doing the Electric-type Challenge right now; I could have gotten a Voltorb at this point.
    • Completely stomped through the entire Rocket Base, finished off some Electrode, stopped an 'evil' machine, and left the Rocket Base.
    That's about it. Sorry for the short update. I just took some Tylenol PM, so I'm feeling a bit too sleepy to continue. I'll start again tomorrow.

TotoPacMan

*insert witty title*
    Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2024
    Well I flipped a coin...Normal types here I come.

thank god you would have gotten screwed over soooo bad if you picked bug. I would've loaned you a bug though.... ;)

well, heres an update:
    I. found. SHINY DELIBIRD!!!! it was the first one too. Caught it, was planning on naming it Santa, but different colors, so named Jack Frost. Massive training on Jack. Taught whatever TMs i had, being Ice Beam, Theif, and Substitute (no other good ones T_T). given EXP. Share and brought to Lv.30. Through ice cave, into Blackthorn. Went a caught a Skarmory. Named Steel. Brought to Lv.30. Massive grinding. Flyboy evolved into Pidgeot! renamed Wingman. He's actually good now. Waited till Lv.37 for early wing attack. Which was the reason i beat Clair. Wing attack! then Kingdra hurt itself (yay confuse ray) and poison killed it (sludge bomb). without wing attack, i would've lost. good call. Going into that cave, dragons den i believe, to get my badge.

Team (nearly completed, only need Dragonite):

Nightowl Lv.36
    Air Slash
    Fly (to be gone soon(hopefully))
    Confusion
    Hypnosis

Wingman Lv.37
    Twister
    Sand-Attack
    Wing Attack
    Quick Attack

Batty Lv.36
    Air Cutter
    Confuse Ray
    Sludge Bomb
    Bite

Drakon Lv.36
    Aqua Tail
    Thunderbolt
    Flamethrower
    Dragon Rage

Steel Lv.31
    Agility
    Fury Attack
    Metal Sound
    Air Cutter

Jack Frost Lv.31
    Present
    Ice Beam
    Theif
    Substitute

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Yeah I just caught a hoothoot and rattata.

After running all them errands for the selfish Professors.

Lvl 7 Rattata "Rattaking" jolly nature

lvl 6 Hoothoot "Buo" Naive nature

eveelution

RolePlay Minion
    Years
    Username: eveelution
    Type: Psychic
    Version: HeartGold

Quick question. Can I trade in an egg, or will I be stuck with Unown until I reach Azalea Town?

MudkipRush!!!

Epic Fail Trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2010
    Update time.

• Ran to Mr. Pokemon's house. Unfortunately, some strange old man stopped me, and felt the need to show me his house, before gviving me some shoes. O_O
    • Was stopped on the way back by some rude red-haired boy. Totodile took care of him.
    • Went back and gave the egg to Elm, got another lecture.
    • Speeded through Route 31, mistakenly giving Joey my phone number due to my A button spamming. (Damnit).
    • Fought EVERY SINGLE TRAINER.
    • Went into Bellsprout tower. Was easier than you might think. Scratch FTW.
    • Just before the elder, NomNomNom learned Bite. Bite FTW. Elder didn't have a chance.
    • Healed up at this strange red building who hoped my Pokemon got completely screwed over and came back soon. What nice people.
    • Blazed through the gym.
    • Falkner:
    Round 1:
    Totodile used Bite. Pidgey fainted! (lolpidgey)

Round 2:
    Totodile used Bite. Pidgeotto used Sand Attack. Totodile misses. Pidgeotto uses Sand Attack. Rinse and repeat five times. Pidgeotto spams Gust. Totodile hits (finally). Pidgeotto faints!

• Totodile evolves into Croconaw!
    • I carry on down Route 32 after the wierd guy lets me. Catch Magikarp and Tentacool with Old Rod.
    • Blaze through Union Cave with NomNomNom the Croconaw.
    • Emerge at that city with the name I cannot remember.
    • Thrash Team Rocket to pieces, catching a Slowpoke (S l o w...) and learning Ice Fang in the process.
    • Went into the gym.
    • Bugsy:
    Round 1:
    Scyther used Focus Energy. Croconaw used Ice Fang. Super effective! Scyther used Quick Attack. Croconaw used Ice Fang. Super effective! Scyther faints.

Metapod and Kakuna do nothing.

• Thrashed Rival with Ice Fang and Bite.
    • Caught some random irresponsible kid's Farfetch'd, got Cut, taught it to Tentacool (HM Slave).
    • Taught Headbutt to Croconaw, forgot Scratch.
    • Stupid Croconaw showed Kimono the way out, even though I said I wouldn't help. BAD POKEMON!
    • Fought the trainers on Route (I think) 33.
    • Got Lyra the Liar's phone number. She instantly calls me to tell me Marill's evolved.
    • Saved the game in Goldenrod Radio Tower.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Username: eveelution
    Type: Psychic
    Version: HeartGold

Quick question. Can I trade in an egg, or will I be stuck with Unown until I reach Azalea Town?

An egg is allowed for you as well. Have fun!

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
    I asked you before but you never responded =P

Didn't see the post, sorry! :D

Update.

~ Arrived in Mahogany Town.
    ~ Back to Goldenrod, obtained Eevee from Bill.
    ~ Trained Eevee a lot. Route 38, 39, 40 and 41 completed.
    ~ Olivine Lighthouse completed.
    ~ Arrived in Cianwood City.
    ~ Cianwood Gym defeated. Eevee evolved!
    ~ Obtained HM02 Fly from Chuck's Wife.
    ~ Seen Suicune, battled Eusine.
    ~ Route 47 and 48 completed.
    ~ Arrived in Safari Zone.
    ~ Safari Zone done. Catched Murkrow.
    ~ Obtained Secret Potion.
    ~ Olivine Lighthouse Quest completed.
    ~ Olivine Gym defeated. Carvanha evolved!
    ~ Back to Mahogany, Route 43 and Lake of Rage completed.
    ~ Catched Red Gyarados.
    ~ Team Rocket leaves Mahogany :D
    ~ Obtained HM05 Whirlpool from Lance and teached to Croconaw.
    ~ Mahogany Gym defeated.
    ~ Ruote 44, 45, 46 and Ice Path completed.
    ~ Obtained HM07 Waterfall and teached to Croconaw.
    ~ Defeated the whole Team Rocket in Goldenrod City.
    ~ Back to Blackthorn, defeated Sandra.
    ~ Dragon's Den completed.
    ~ Obtained Extremespeed Dratini and Rising Badge.
    ~ Obtained Master Ball from Prof. Elm.
    ~ Whirl Island: Lugia catched.
    ~ Route 26 and 27 completed. Pupitar evolved!
    ~ Victory Road completed.

~ Elite Four defeated!

~ Obtained S.S. Ticket and National Dex from Prof. Elm and Prof. Oak respectively.
    ~ S.S. Aqua completed.
    ~ Arrived in Vermilion City, seen Suicune.
    ~ Evolved Murkrow and Sneasel into Honchkrow and Weavile respectively.

Next time, the journey for Kanto Badges starts!

EDIT: Vermilion Gym defeated! :)

Tyranitar Lv. 63 - Dark Pulse, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Thunder Fang
    Honchkrow Lv. 62 - Fly, Toxic, Night Slash, Dark Pulse
    Weavile Lv. 63 - Ice Beam, Night Slash, Metal Claw, Quick Attack
    Houndoom Lv. 63 - Thunder Fang, Fire Fang, Crunch, Flamethrower
    Umbreon Lv. 63 - Psychic, Shadow Ball, Quick Attack, Faint Attack
    Sharpedo Lv. 63 - Ice Fang, Aqua Jet, Skull Bash, Night Slash

Feraligatr Lv. 30 (HM Slave 1, 3, 5, 7)
    Golem Lv. 30 (HM Slave 4, 6, 8)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2011
    No update, kinda taking a break from this, I picked up the Platinum Solo-Run.

I should update this tomorrowish (:

Kurumi

Lonely Knife Dancer ; ;
    Years
    BIG UPDATE!

• I am the Champion of Johto. BIG AMOUNT OF TRAINING.(and luck of course)
    • Hey Baoba,thanks for those new things,but where are the Peak objects?!
    • KANTO THERE I COME
    • Ok,could You be a LITTLE stronger? Man,Tyranitar just owns them. Even Misty.
    • Blue,You're tough. But I am tougher. (37 lvl Aerodactyl outspeeding 56 Machamp GO)
    • Oak,I AM COMING!
    Now,team:
    Tyranitar "Sweepstake" 61
    Dark Pulse
    Stone Edge
    Payback
    Earthquake
    Corsola "Cereal" 60
    Surf
    Blizzard
    Power Gem
    Earth Power (to be changed)
    Lonely Aerodactyl "Aerock" 37/w Rock Head
    Agility
    Fly
    Wing Attack
    Ancientpower
    <Lunatone to be caught>
    Naive Slugma "Volcano" 1 /w Flame Bod
    Yawn
    Smog
    Relaxed Rhyhorn "Stylo" 32 /w Rock Head
    Scary Face
    Rock Blast
    Thunder Fang
    Crunch

That's all! NEXT TARGET RED! (I think...)

NotchedEarPichu

The Best Friend Of A Lifetime
    Years
    Update #3

Continuing on my long journey through Johto I head up north from Goldenrod City
    I battled many trainers up there
    Wooper evolves into Quagsire in the process
    I later stumble across a wierd tree and sprinkle it with water
    It turned out to be a Sudowoodo and I caught it with my first pokeball
    I battle more trainers and get to Ecruteak
    I find Bill the pokemaniac in the local pokemon center and he leaves
    I head back down to Goldenrod to talk to him and he gives me an Eevee
    I go back to Ecruteak to save a Komino Girl from a perverted Team Rocket Grunt
    I have seen three of them so far (Violet,Ilex Forrest,and Ecruteak)
    I beat my rival this time at the Burned Tower (easy battle)
    I find the three dogs and they run away
    I later battle Morty (another easy battle)
    That's 4 badges now

Eevee
    Lv.16
    MOVES:
    Tail Whip
    Tackle
    Helping Hand
    Sand-Attack

Croconaw
    Lv.26
    MOVES:
    Flail
    Ice Fang
    Water Gun
    Bite

Slowpoke
    Lv.20
    MOVES:
    Confusion
    Disable
    Headbutt
    Water Gun

Poliwag
    Lv.21
    MOVES:
    Body Slam
    Bubble
    Hypnosis
    Water Gun

Quagsire
    Lv.21
    MOVES:
    Water Gun
    Tail Whip
    Slam
    Mud Bomb

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
    Wow, its been a while since I've seen this old thing. Reminds me of my first days when I used to write in it about every other day or so. Hmm, guess I'll need to catch my records up a bit.

-After winning the badge from Goldenrod I got a squirtle bottle for watering plants at the shop beside the gym. Then I headed for the park but I got side tracked by the opening of some stadium west of the park. It was okay, not very interesting or maybe I was just tired from travelling around so much.

-At the park I participated in a bug catching contest and i won with a venonant! Afterwards i headed for Ecruteak but got stopped by some dumb tree with turned out to be a pokemon. It went down easily to Karin and we went on our way.

-In Ecruteak we met Bill, who gave my a Eevee. After training Chaney, Riza and Karin for a while I decided to breed it and raise the baby into a Umbreon...that turned out to be a great idea (though I still haven't named him yet...)

-After training Umbreon to be on the level that everyone else was at I got another addition to my team. Cramen, the odd guy, was standing in front of Burned Tower holding an egg. He said that he found it in the debris of the tower and didn't know what to do with it. So he gave it to me! Aren't I lucky? Well shortly after the egg hatched and I got a Houndour...who i named Selim. Training him wasn't easy...but it was well worth it!

-Once properly trained we finally got around to exploring a while. In the Dance theater a Rocket was bother one of the Kimono Girls so I gave him a quick lesson on how to kick some...butt. Seriously, those Rockets need those lessons. After being shamed by Red three years ago they're really not a challenge at all.

-Explored the Burned tower a while after where I met this mystery man with the Gym Leader. They were stalking some strong looking pokemon that were resting on the bottom floor. Decided to not be a creep I headed down only to be stopped by Wesley once again. Poor guy still couldn't beat me...and the new additions to my team just made things worse for him.

-Well the dogs ran off and Mr. Mysterious ran off after the blue one name Suicune. A little obsessed I guess, but they're nothing special in my eyes...even if they are legendary pokemon.

-Battle against Morty...that was quite easy. He then said something about me meeting the legendary pokemon Ho-oh or something but I didn't pay attention to that. I was stuck on the new badge I had...plus who cares about legendary pokemon anyway...they're no fun!

-Headed off for the next town, while fighting some people. I love my Murkrow...he's awesome.

-Stopped at the Miltank farm and helped out the Miltank there. Then the little girl gave me a seal case...not sure why because Johto doesn't have any contest halls...so there's not much of a reason to have it.

-Reached Olivine and saw Wesley again. We didn't fight this time, but he informed me that the leader was in the Lighthouse tending to a sick pokemon. That's nice.

-The lighthouse was ridiculous, I almost killed myself when I went to look out a freakin' window. Anyways, Jasmine, I think it was, had a sick Ampharos and needed someone to get medicine for her. So across the sea we're going...i don't like the sound of that. However on the bright side, Riza evolved into a Weavile. It was awesome and she's a lot stronger and faster than before. Man she owns!

-Reached Cianwood sometime at night. Umbreon got a load of training along the way and so did Karin. She evolved into a Crawdaunt, which made me really proud. Having my pokemon evolve just gives me that special feelings, that and she became a partial dark type pokemon.

-Got the secret potion and dominated Chuck's Gym. I was a little worried since my pokemon were dark type, but they really had no problem. Probably because those fighting types never got the chance to attack. hehehe...

-Flew back to Olivine and delivered the potion. Then I got a call about the Safari Zone and decided to give it a try. I caught a few good pokemon, but the most interesting was a Larvitar, who I bred later on to get Taro, the finally pokemon in my team.

-Stumbled upon a dusk stone while training Taro, and Chaney evolved into a Honchkrow. Haha, he looks like a pimp now.

-Fought Jasmine using only Taro and Selim and barely came out with a win. Her Steelix was a tough customer, but he went down.

-Arrived in Mahogany Town and visted the Lake of Rage. I caught a Red Garaydos there and met Lance. He's got some strong dragon type pokemon...I don't think I want to fight him.

-Helped Lance get rid of those pesky runts known as Team Rocket. Man why are they so pathetic with Giovanni. It's like a duckling whose lost its mother. Poor them though, they should just give up.

-Well, now that you're really caught up to speed I can tell you that Taro evolved. Unlike the others I was sad when he did so, becuase he was so awesome when he was the little green guy that was pulling out all the stops. I really don't mind his new form...but I really perfer his old one. Oh well, no need to complain. Anyway I'm off to battle Old man Pryce. Wish me luck!

Team:

Chaney/Honchkrow
    Male/lvl 31
    Mild
    Insomnia

-Night Shade
    -Fly
    -Drill Peck
    -Pursuit

Notes: This guy is awesome. He's become the leader of my team and he's easily my most favorite of all of them.

Riza/Weavile
    Female/Lvl 31
    Quirky
    Pressure

-Screech
    -Fury Swipes
    -Faint Attack
    -Ice Punch

Notes: Second fave in the group. This girl can sure pack a punch, take a hit and keep going. She's a bit fragile compared to others though.

Selim/Houndoom
    Male/Lvl 29
    Bold
    Flash Fire

-Bite
    -Ember
    -Odor Sleuth
    -Sludge Bomb

Note: Love 'im, love 'im, love 'im! He's still lacking in some departments compared to the others, but once he learns those key attacks he's going to be a force to consider. I like having him follow me.

Karin/Crawdaunt
    Female/Lvl 31
    Bashful
    Shell Armor

-Surf
    -Swift
    -Strength
    -Protect

Notes: She's awesome...but she really hasn't learn many moves that could be useful in the future. At least not any that complements her stats.

Umbreon
    Male/Lvl 31
    Impish
    Synchronize

-Confuse Ray
    -Quick Attack
    -Pursuit
    -Sand-Attack

Note: One word...Tank. He's been able to take multiple hits...it's like he eats them for breakfast while spitting out confusion among his opponents. He's definitely staying with me until the very end.

Taro/Pupitar
    Male/lvl 30
    Serious
    Shed Skin

-Bite
    -Rock Slide
    -Dark Pulse
    -Screech

Note: Even though he's not a dark type yet, he's fits right in with the rest of the family. He's hard to train though...grows really slowly, but oh well. He's here to stay.

Slaves:

Sandshrew (Cut, Strength, Rock Smash)

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Update Time:

Last I left off I was training Rattaking and Buo...well that's what I continued. Once I got them to a decent level and Buo learned peck I challenged the sprout tower. Buo took care of them easily and Rattaking would finish off some bellsprouts as well. Once I made it all the way to the top I encountered the Elder and my rival, Faquan. Faquan apparently defeated him and then took off. Mouthing off about being emo and only liking the strong...blah blah. I challenged the elder and easily defeated him.

Once I descended, I rested my team and quickly challenged Falkner and his gym. The first two trainers were no match for Rattaking and his quick attack. After this, I saved and challenged Falkner. I used focus energy first and then continued to use quick attack. With a heightened critical hit ratio I knew I was bound to get lucky. I managed to beat Pidgey with two quick attacks. Once Pidgeotto was out, I switched out to Buo and sent it to sleep with Hypnosis. After it was safe to switch in Rattaking, I did. I used focus energy once more and quick attacked my way to victory. The winning blow was indeed a critical hit.

Rattaking the Jolly Rattata
    Female, Level 13

-Tackle
    -Bite
    -Quick Attack
    -Focus Energy

Buo the Naive HootHoot
    Male, Level 13

-Uproar
    -Peck
    -Foresight
    -Hypnosis

# of Badges: 1

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I'm considering Miltank, Snubbull and among other ones. I haven't decided on the team....I know I'm getting that lvl 50 Snorlax in Kanto though =]

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Not necessarily.

I'm not one to overlevel my teams and grind for too long so if anything I anticipate that Snorlax to be just a little behind my other guys.

Anyhoo, I might even catch a Slakoth just for the lulz (it'll be extremely below my other guys.)

I'm done updating for tonight though. Expect more tomorrows =]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back