• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonsfreak

eevee raiser
Years
  • Update Time(it´s Huge this time):

- healed my pokemon and entered the Gym and put Spitfire to the test...damn i´m impressed Spitfire and Fang walked through nearly all foes except Gengar. Volcana did the rest.
    - continued on Route 38, defeated everyone., and caught a Farfetch´d for Flying
    - ran into my Rival in Olivine...he didn´t want to fight, but told me whereto find the Gym Leader.
    - Ran up the Lighthouse and down.
    - Got a Good Rod and caught a lv. 20 Magicarp, I let it evolve with a Rare Candy. Now i have a Gyarados as Water sport Slave.
    - Surfed to Cianwood and fought with everyone, it was surprisingly easy
    - Met Eusin in Cianwood, he wanted to fight and lost.
    - Entered Chucks Gym, Trainers were no Problem but Chuck´s Poliwrath was a Pain in the ...!
    - got the badge eventually and Chuck´s wife gave me HM Fly
    - Ordered the medicine and flew back to Olivine
    - used the Lift and gave Jasmine the Medicine.
    - Finally she´s back in her Gym. she was no problem.
    - Realised that i can´t get a Magmarizer before my 16th Bagdes and decided to use a Magmarizer from Pearl.
    - walked to Mahogany and the Sea of Rage. Since I have no use for the Red Gyarados i defeated it.
    - Lance spoke to me and wants my help wiping out Team Rocket. I did so and Volcana evolved.
    - the way to the Gym was free and i entered. Dewgongs and Seels were annoying and i had to battle Pryce twice.
    - Got a call after my victory, I should go investigate Golden Rod´s Radio Tower.
    - Before doing so i played Voltorb Flip for few Hours (Yaaawn..), at least I earned enough Coins for Thunder Bolt.
    -Went up the Radio Tower only to be sent to the Underground.
    - Fought with my Rival. Biggest Problem was Feraligatr cause it thrashed Spitfire to death.
    - Currently cleaning out the underground.

My Team:
    Spoiler:

Mew396

World Champion Trainer!
    Years
  • Beginning On Route 37...

• I cleared all the trainers from the route along with doing some additional training before I went into Ecruteak City
    • Once in Ecruteak I met Bill and he told me to visit him at his house
    • I backtracked to Goldenrod City and found Bill's house and received and Eevee that he thinks would be better of with me
    • Eevee joins my team
    • I attached a Soothe Bell to Eevee and began to train it until it caught up with the rest of my team(took FOREVER!!!)
    • Made my way back to Ecruteak City where I met Eusine and Morty who was busy tracking down the legendary beast trio, Suicune, Entei, and Raikou

• As I tried to make my way down to meet the three beast, I was once again challeneged by my rival who claims I am too weak to catch a legendary
    • I annihilated my rivals team, except for Bayleef which took a while to take down
    • I released the legendary beast and made my way to the Ecruteak Gym
    • This gym was a real pushover and I swept through Morty's team with Carvanha and earned my Fog Badge!
    • With my fourth badge in hand, I headed west to Route 38 and 39 where I met the Safari Zone Warden Baoba and headed into Olivine City
    • My rival tells me that the gym leader, Jasmine, is currently in the Lighthouse taking care a a sick Pokemon which convinces me to scale the Lighthouse and meet her
    • Once I met her, I am sent on another quest to pick up some medicine from Cianwood City for her sick Ampharos
    • With that in mind, I hit Route 40 and began my long surf south while battling every trainer and wild Tentacool/Tentacruel I ran into
    • Carvanha evolves into Sharpedo!
    • Once I hit Cianwood City I saw Suicune again and of course that stalker, Eusine, following it. Seeing how Suicune only respects me made Eusine challenge me and embarrass himself trying.
    • I defeat Eusine and Eevee evolves into Espeon?(Wait WTF!!!)
    • Unfortunately, I forgot it was daytime and I wasn't paying attention when Eevee evolved and I got an Espeon
    • Due to the horrible mistake I made, I went back to Route 34 and caught a Ditto and bred it with my Espeon to get yet another Eevee.
    • After grinding it out for a long time(more like reseting the game clock to get a lot of haircuts at the groomers) Eevee evolves into Umbreon!
    • With my new Umbreon caught up with the rest of my team, I went into the gym where I thought I would have a lot of trouble and until I remembered my secret weapon.
    • Since Sableye is part ghost type, I Shadow Sneaked my way to victory against Chuck
    • I picked up Amphy's Medicine and gave it to Jasmine. Which makes her return to the gym.
    • Sableye's Dig attack gets the best of Jasmine's two Magnemite and I finish off her Steelix with Sharpedo's Surf attack as I earn the Mineral Badge!
    • Currently:At the Safari Zone looknig for my last two team memebers

My Team

Spr_4d_262.png
    DarkIC_Big.png

Mightyena/Level 38
    Howl
    Sand-Attack
    Bite
    Tackle

Spr_4d_319.png
    WaterIC_Big.png
    DarkIC_Big.png

Sharpedo/Level 32
    Screech
    Ice Fang
    Crunch
    Surf

Spr_4d_302.png
    DarkIC_Big.png
    GhostIC_Big.png

Sableye/Level 36
    Punishment
    Faint Attack
    Shadow Sneak
    Dig

Spr_4h_197.png
    DarkIC_Big.png

Umbreon/Level 28
    Quick Attack
    Pursuit
    Helping Hand
    Sand-Attack

Badges
    40px-Zephyr_Badge.png
    40px-Hive_Badge.png
    40px-Plain_Badge.png
    40px-Fog_Badge.png
    40px-Storm_Badge.png
    40px-Mineral_Badge.png

Currently Hunting in the Safari Zone:
    Ani246MS.png
    Ani198MS.png

Last edited:

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
  • Update on my Stell challenge:
    - I play Voltorbflip to buy the TM Thunderbolt
    - I train my team
    - I beated my Rival in the Burnt Tower
    - I got my fourth badge. It was hard because Steel pokemon have low Sp.DEF.

My team:
    Magnemite - Lv 21
    - Thunder Wave
    - Thunderbolt
    - Supersonic
    - Sonicboom

Onix - Lv 22
    - Dig
    - Sandstorm
    - Screech
    - Rock Throw

Aron - Lv 23
    - Metal Claw
    - Iron Defense
    - Shadow Claw
    - Headbutt

Prinlup - Lv 23
    - Surf
    - Peck
    - Ice Beam
    - Grass Knot

Mawile - Lv 23
    - Astonish
    - Rock Smash
    - Strenght
    - Bite

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
  • Hello! anybody remember me?

Nah, probably not :P Anyway I've not been on in about two months- sorry about that. Basically my broadband broke and I had to save up in order to pay for a new one :-/

But nevermind, I'm back! And I'll be starting my steel type challenge tomorrow :) (Which coincidently is also the date I get my Exam results :P )

Mew396

World Champion Trainer!
    Years
  • Finishing Up Johto...

• It didn't take long for me to encounter Larvitar and Murkrow in the Safari Zone thus, finishing my team
    • Trained Larvitar and Murkrow for a very long time until they were around level 30
    • Larvitar evolves into Pupitar!
    • Got my hands on a Dusk Stone and Murkow evolves into Honchkrow
    • With my training out of the way now, I headed for Mahogany Town and up further north where I accidentally KO'd the Red Gyarados
    • Met Lance and decided to help him drive Team Rocket out of Mahogany Town
    • Defeated Team Rocket and headed for the Mahogany Gym
    • Mightyena somehow over powered Pryce's entire team earning me the Glacier Badge!
    • Got another call from Prof.Elm saying that Team Rocket has been talking about making a comeback over the radio which makes me head back to Goldenrod to check it out
    • I defeated Team Rocket's main executive, Archer, and drove Team Rocket away for good this time
    • With all of that out of the way, I made my way through the Ice Path and to the eighth and final gym
    • It took me a while to KO Clair's Gyarados, but once I finaly did Sharpedo easily sweeps through the rest of her team
    • Took the Dragon Den Challenge and got the Rising Badge from Clair!
    • I captured Lugia
    • Did a lot of training on Routes 26-27 as I made my way to Victory Road
    • Defeated my Rival and headed into Indigo Plateau
    • Repeatedly loss to Karen and Lance of the E4 but, all of those losses got my team a lot of EXP
    • Pupitar Evolves into Tyranitar!!
    • Currently:Hoping I can get past the E4 with my new Tyranitar

My Team

Spr_4d_262.png
    DarkIC_Big.png

Mightyena/Level 53
    Take Down
    Howl
    Sand-Attack
    Bite

Spr_4d_319.png
    WaterIC_Big.png
    DarkIC_Big.png

Sharpedo/Level 50
    Screech
    Crunch
    Ice Fang
    Surf

Spr_4d_302.png
    DarkIC_Big.png
    GhostIC_Big.png

Sableye/Level 50
    Shadow Claw
    Faint Attack
    Dig
    Zen Headbutt

Spr_4h_197.png
    DarkIC_Big.png

Umbreon/Level 52
    Quick Attack
    Helping Hand
    Sand-Attack
    Faint Attack

Spr_4d_430.png
    DarkIC_Big.png
    FlyingIC_Big.png

Honchkrow/Level 51
    Astonish
    Night Slash
    Mean Look
    Fly

248.png
    RockIC_Big.png
    DarkIC_Big.png

Tyranitar/Level 55
    Earthquake
    Crunch
    Thunder Fang
    Stone Edge

Badges
    40px-Zephyr_Badge.png
    40px-Hive_Badge.png
    40px-Plain_Badge.png
    40px-Fog_Badge.png
    40px-Storm_Badge.png
    40px-Mineral_Badge.png
    40px-Glacier_Badge.png
    40px-Rising_Badge.png

SkieTheKitsune

Hi, I'm FoxMan! I physically cannot change my user
    Years
  • Hoo, boy... It's been about a good month or so since I last posted, right? I have no idea. xD

After grinding like hell (and taking a long amount of time to purchase EV boosting items, because I'm lazy this time around and don't feel like actually EV training :V), I got my entire Normal-type team up to generally the same levels and beat the Elite Four. And Lance, too. :P

Essentially, Tonguella proved to be a MASSIVE help in this. Being a modest natured Lickilicky with 3 special moves (one of them being Surf) and Defense Curl, she ended up tanking it out and dishing it out at the same time. And for that, I'm happy. :3

Fighting Lance ended up being a complete cakewalk thanks to Tonguella knowing Blizzard (and having a Max Ether to replenish it xD). It's a shame, really- I was hoping to use the full extent of my team, but that's what the Elite 4 was for- my team balanced themselves out when fighting most of Koga and Karen's Pokemon, Sweetstuff and Mother Hen literally obliterated Will's team without even trying (Sucker Punch, Shadow Claw and Faint Attack :3) and Tonguella and Orion were evenly matched against Bruno's team, with Orion taking out the Fighting types and Tonguella taking out his Onix (Why Bruno doesn't have a Steelix still confounds me to this day). Handy, ironically, ended up being the Butt Monkey this time- taking a massive beating in Koga's fight and having to sit out.

Anyway, after getting myself ranked into the Hall o' Fame for the first time, I got treated to the lovely credits sequence and awoke back in my bed, with the following team:

Spr_4h_115.png
    Mother Hen the (obviously) female Kangaskhan
    Obtained Via the Pokewalker.
    Level: 52 Nature: Modest Ability: Early Bird
    Stats:
    HP: 188
    ATK: 117
    DEF: 101
    SP.ATK: 68
    SP.DEF: 108
    SPD: 121
    Moveset:
    -Mega Punch
    -Sucker Punch
    -Shadow Claw
    -Outrage

Spr_4h_234.png
    Deereisen the female Stantler
    Caught at Route 37.
    Level: 52 Nature: Brave Ability: Intimidate
    Stats:
    HP: 155
    ATK: 134
    DEF: 90
    SP.ATK: 101
    SP.DEF: 94
    SPD: 99
    Moveset:
    -Take Down
    -Iron Tail
    -Hypnosis
    -Zen Headbutt

Spr_4p_424_m.png
    Handy the female Ambipom
    Headbutted out of a tree in Route 42.
    Level: 52 Nature: Hasty Ability: Pickup (I still love Handy for this)
    Stats:
    HP: 154
    ATK: 122
    DEF: 86
    SP.ATK: 77
    SP.DEF: 97
    SPD: 165
    Moveset:
    -Brick Break
    -Strength
    -Screech
    -Last Resort

Spr_4h_217_m.png
    Sweetstuff the male Ursaring
    Caught at Route 45.
    Level: 52 Nature: Hasty Ability: Quick Feet
    Stats:
    HP: 170
    ATK: 164
    DEF: 81
    SP.ATK: 123
    SP.DEF: 89
    SPD: 91
    Moveset:
    -Earthquake
    -Slash
    -Swords Dance
    -Faint Attack

Spr_4p_463.png
    Tonguella the female Lickilicky
    Caught at Route 44. Put after Sweetstuff because I caught her after I caught him.
    Level: 54 Nature: Modest Ability: Oblivious
    Stats:
    HP: 206
    ATK: 97
    DEF: 123
    SP.ATK: 130
    SP.DEF: 133
    SPD: 82
    Moveset:
    -Surf
    -Defense Curl
    -Thunder
    -Blizzard

Spr_4h_085_m.png
    Orion the male Dodrio
    Caught at Route 26.
    Level: 52 Nature: Hasty Ability: Early Bird
    Stats:
    HP: 150
    ATK: 141
    DEF: 93
    SP.ATK: 67
    SP.DEF: 87
    SPD: 145
    Moveset:
    -Drill Peck
    -Fly
    -Steel Wing
    -Accupressure

Now, here's where things get interesting: I'm on my way to Kanto, but I'm gonna be leaving a few friends behind to replace them with new ones- particularly that Snorlax in Vermillion. I know for sure that I'm keeping Sweetstuff and Tonguella- I'm wondering what else I should use, though. Any suggestions?

Also I'm still not on the list :I

Bubble Head

Skateboarder
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    wow this challenge is like cool,i would like to try it as well,better start a new game :>

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • This seems quite exciting. If can still join, I'd like to enter as electric! (Electric Pokemon have always been my favorite...) If you could enter me in:

Username: austy14
    Type: Electric (Pichu egg as starter)
    Version: HG

Edit: And do the trios count as legendary? (I'm thinking Raikou)

Last edited:

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • New update :D

The Story so far:

+ Trained Rhino up some levels in Route 34. I get bored there and head north to Route 35 so I can fight more trainers. I also recall a pokemon in this route. After what literally took hours of searching ¬¬:

+
    Ani193MS.png
    a Yanma with Speed Boost! I used a Quick Ball because I'm such a clever cookie ^^ I called her Draga.

+ Once Rhino reached the same level as Spinner, training with Draga began. Didn't take too long, and when she hit lv.20 I challenged the gym >=D
    + Draga was able to handle all the trainers inside (her feminicity prevented any Attracts or Cute Charms from working, thank goodness). Now it was her turn.

+
    Ani193MS.png
    v
    Ani035MS.png

I start with Double Team, which turns out to be a bad idea as the damn thing uses Mimic and does the same. Due to this, I take it down to yellow health before it Metronome Ice Fangs me >.<.
    Ani214MS.png
    v
    Ani035MS.png

Out comes Rhino. It knows Aerial Ace, so those Double Teams are no issue.
    Ani214MS.png
    v
    Ani241MS.png

I used Brick Break o.o That was it...

+ The stupid brat starts cryng, before I punch her in the face, one of her trainers says she'll calm down. Damn straight she will. When whe does, she gives me the Plain Badge and the Attract TM.
    + As I travel north, I realise it's Thursday morning. The Bug Catching contest is today! =D Perfect for a wannabe bug master such as myself.
    + I catch a Beedrill to help me win, but then...

+
    Ani123MS.png
    =D
    It took a few attempts, but I eventually made a safe catch. I even won the contest :D. Anywhoo, I called Scyther Swipe.
    + Onward to Ecruteak. Swipe had a few problems - ending up fainting on me a few times. Practice practice I suppose.
    + Next step - train and beat the crap out of Morty!

40px-Zephyr_Badge.png
    40px-Hive_Badge.png
    40px-Plain_Badge.png

The Team:

Spinner
    Spr_4h_168.png

Ariados - m
    Bug/Poison
    Lv. 26
    Poison Sting, Shadow Sneak, Leech Life, Scary Face
    Insomnia

Rhino
    Spr_4h_214_m.png

Heracross - m
    Bug/Fighting
    Lv. 26
    Horn Attack, Aerial Ace, Counter, Brick Break
    Swarm

Draga
    Spr_4h_193.png

Yanma - f
    Bug/Flying
    Lv. 23
    Quick Attack, U-turn, SonicBoom, Double Team
    Speed Boost

Swipe
    Spr_4h_123_m.png

Scyther - m
    Bug/Flying
    Lv. 15
    Pursuit, False Swipe, Leer, Focus Energy
    Swarm

Boxed:
    Ani158MS.png
    Totodile - m - lv.7 - Scratch, Leer, Water gun, Cut - Torrent
    Ani019MS.png
    Rattata - f - lv.5 - Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack, Rock Smash - Guts

Dragonsfreak

eevee raiser
    Years
  • Just finished Claire off...Damn she´s a freakin´ B.....

This Gym was the hardest by now. every Pokemon in it was a Water Pokemon or knew Aqua Tail...
    And on top there was Seadraking, who destroyed my Pokemon in my first attempt.
    After a bit of Training and a Heart Scale for Nightmare (She learned MegaHorn) Claire was History.

But instead of giving the badge to me, she sent me to the Den...did all the Stuff they want from me and Got my Badge and flew to Elm´s place...

He gave me a Masterball and sent me to the Kimono Girls. no real problem

1. Umbreon: two Mega Horns from Nightmare
    2. Espeon: OHKO MegaHorn
    3. Flareon: switched from Nightmare to Volcana and used Dig two times
    4. Jolteon: Nightmare tried Flame Wheel and fainted. switch to Volcana
    Used Dig. OHKO
    5. Vaporeon: Volcana used Night Slash and faints to Surf, then Spitfire
    unleashed a thunder bolt and nearly killed Vaporeon, but was Surfed over
    Spitfire Afterwards. Fang finished the Job with Crunch

After the Battles i walked up the Bell Tower and Defeated the Fire Bird...I had Tears in My Eyes because it´s the only Fly user I could use but I´m not allowed to do so...

So now i´m on the way to the e4
    Spoiler:

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    This seems quite exciting. If can still join, I'd like to enter as electric! (Electric Pokemon have always been my favorite...) If you could enter me in:

Username: austy14
    Type: Electric (Pichu egg as starter)
    Version: HG

Edit: And do the trios count as legendary? (I'm thinking Raikou)

Unfortunately, Raikou is legendary, so no, you can't use it ( I should know, I'm doing an Electric Monotype :P)

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Hey everyone!

This thread is being closed to test out a new way of doing things. There will be a new thread for it, however. Don't get discouraged from updating there, and don't think you have to start all over, I will literally just transfer your progress over to the new thread!

~Myrrh

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back