• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Pokemon HGSS Monotype Challenge V2!
    Update #14 - Smooth Sailing

More updates @ Kanto. :)
    Challenged Sabrina. Overall easy battle, Crunch/Shadow Ball made short work of her.

Met Morty at Ecruteak City, when sidetracking. (I haven't gotten the Rainbow Wing though).

I'm a pest! :D

Misty was relatively easy too. Stealth Rock is fun :D And Energy Ball made short work of her.

I love Sinnoh leaders :D
    Erika was finally defeated! My main problem was with Leaf Storm (Victreebell) which threatened to OHKO my Pokemon. Since the level increase it became a 2HKO and my Miltank managed to stall it to decrease its special attack by 6 stages lol =P
    Bellossom was a problem too due to its high powered Sunnybeam, but Rollout devastated it. XD

Brock was a joke. Seriously.. He has trainers having Rhydon and Golem, and he's using a Rhyhorn and a Graveler.

Since Mt. Moon is nearby, I decided to pay my friend a visit. I'm glad my team covers a huge array of types. I think the only important types I don't have are Fire and Flying attacks.

PKMN Trainer Artix
    Badges: 14 (I'm left with Blaine and Blue, whom I won't be fighting for a long time as I most probably will be grinding @ E4 for some experience. I don't want to get thrashed by Ash..

Dino - LV55 Kangaskhan
    Docile/Scrappy
    Leftovers
    - Return (crazy damage)
    - Aqua Tail
    - Crunch
    - Outrage

Dolfy - LV54 Stantler
    Serious/Intimidate
    Light Clay (ftw)
    - Me First (Cool move!)
    - Confuse Ray
    - Reflect
    - Earthquake

Geeraff - LV54 Girafarig
    Quiet/Inner Focus
    Choice Scarf
    - Shadow Ball
    - Psychic
    - Energy Ball
    - Thunder

MooMoo - LV55 Miltank
    Careful/Thick Fat
    Hard Stone
    - Rollout
    - Stealth Rock (Like it!)
    - Body Slam
    - Milk Drink

Left at Daycare:

Furry - LV43 Furret
    Hasty/Run Away
    Silk Scarf
    - Headbutt
    - Sucker Punch
    - Focus Blast
    - Assist

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    Im sick at home So im already playing

ohh had to change my name to Sora again because polizard is one to many letters
    So i started my game named my self sora
    I picked Totodile and Named him Waterblast
    I did the errand for professor oak
    Beat my rival
    Named him riku
    Headed to violet city
    Arrived went straight into sprout tower
    Saved the game right before the elder

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    Emoxy: Now you know why I'm grinding now.

Red's pokemon are higher now. Pikachu is at like, level 88.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    He is extremely hard... I had a friend lend me their competitive UBERs team, and he whooped them O_o (On my main one, I mean :P)

I ended up winning by using another friends Registeel, using Curse over and over and over, then Amnesia over and over and over. (Keeping him healed with full restores), then just going to town with Iron Head/Ice Punch.

I'm considering doing another round of the Ultimate Monotype Challenge with Normal Types after I'm done here... XD But Generation 4 has a very bad choice of normal types. I like Lopunny and Purugly, but they're pretty much the only pure normal types. XD

I may redo this with normal too, follow in emoxy's steps. :P

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    He is extremely hard... I had a friend lend me their competitive UBERs team, and he whooped them O_o (On my main one, I mean :P)

I ended up winning by using another friends Registeel, using Curse over and over and over, then Amnesia over and over and over. (Keeping him healed with full restores), then just going to town with Iron Head/Ice Punch.

Haha same really :D. I used a Magnezone and spent ages using Hyper Potions and X Items until I had +6 Speed, Spec Attack, Spec Def and Def. And Charizard still did a beastly half with Flare Blitz :O Ridiculous I tell you.

Years

I'm considering doing another round of the Ultimate Monotype Challenge with Normal Types after I'm done here... XD But Generation 4 has a very bad choice of normal types. I like Lopunny and Purugly, but they're pretty much the only pure normal types. XD

I may redo this with normal too, follow in emoxy's steps. :P

Haha, I guess competitive teams sometimes just wouldn't work here. I don't think people even bother to set up 3 layers of spikes against the E4.

I haven't really defeated Ash a single time yet (I didn't do it in my Bug challenge, it wasn't needed that time), but I know I'm gonna need real high levels. Just killed Blaine, and am gonna grind @ old E4 before killing Blue and 'upgrading' them =P

I might do a Flying type after this, but I think I'll revisit Platinum a bit probably.

Haha same really :D. I used a Magnezone and spent ages using Hyper Potions and X Items until I had +6 Speed, Spec Attack, Spec Def and Def. And Charizard still did a beastly half with Flare Blitz :O Ridiculous I tell you.

Haha, I love Flare Blitz. My Rapidash in Diamond (I think) with Flare Blitz is pwnage.

BTW, I realised Outrage is now my least used attack on Kangaskhan. Sigh..

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    Here is a little of an update. I beat whitney, fainted sudoowoodo, went to ectureak and battled my rival. I released the dogs and saved the kimono girl. I beat Morty on my first try after using about 10 full heals on Nyx:) I saved my game after leveling up Steel, Yin and Nyx. I'll post their movesets on my next update:)

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
    I thought that he's harder now. Except Snorlax/Espeon in GSC everything else was a joke.

You're probably right. I probably found it hard in Crystal cause' I must have been about 7 years old or something and at that time I didn't believe in capturing other Pokemon I pretty much Solo-runned it with a Feraligatr or Typhlosion xD

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    BIIIIIG Update. XD Elite 4 pics are in spoiler tags. :)

Anyway, after being done in New Bark Town, I was told some people were looking for me...

After shamelessly killing the Legendary Pokemon Ho-Oh (Bug Types Don't Like Fire, Silly Kimono Girls!), it was off to journey to the Pokemon League... As I made my way to Victory Road, I enjoyed the scenery. Then, upon arriving at the exit to Victory Road, I was greeted to something I've grown to expect.

Anyway, after that was done too, it was time to challenge the league. I didn't know how my bugs would do, but only time would tell...

Spoiler:

And just to clarify: I healed after each battle with my medicines, xD If the fact their health is back confuses anyone. And if someone was hurt, I'd often swap them out when the next pokemon was sent in. That's why most the pokemon have full health in the screenies of each of the Elite 4's pokemon. Some don't such as Strobe in the Lance shot, as I didn't have time to heal up after Guillotining Charizard. I went through about 15 Full Restores and about 5 Revives in Total.

Elite 4 Champions:~

Charlotte the Ariados
    Level 57
    Psychic
    Poison Jab
    Sucker Punch
    Shadow Sneak

Xena the Heracross
    Level 56
    Strength
    Megahorn
    Aerial Ace
    Close Combat

Pinch the Pinsir
    Level 57
    Swords Dance
    Guillotine
    Superpower
    X-Scissor

Spore the Venomoth
    Level 57
    Sludge Bomb
    Signal Beam
    Psychic
    Roost

Strobe the Forretress
    Level 56
    Double-Edge
    Gyro Ball
    Payback
    Bug Bite

Onto Kanto We Go!

Last edited:
    Years
    I LOL at your matchup vs Koga.

And I think you meant Lance (Drake -> 4th Hoenn E4 member).

I used Gyro Ball to faint Aerodactyl too! :D And I think my Butterfree went through Lance's other 5 Pokes with Sleep Powder + Shadow Ball :D

Oh and I'm having a lot of fun with the old E4 now :D Me First is really a fun move to use. It goes like this:

Lance sent out Dragonite!
    Go, Dolfy (Stantler)!
    Dolfy uses Me First!
    Dolfy uses Outrage!
    It's super effective!
    Dragonite fainted!
    Dolfy uses Outrage!
    It's super effective!
    Dragonite fainted!
    Dolfy uses Outrage!
    It's super effective!
    Dragonite fainted!

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    I LOL at your matchup vs Koga.

And I think you meant Lance (Drake -> 4th Hoenn E4 member).

Ariados was accidental... then it just became to taunt him. (And to get good screenies) XD Forretress vs Forretress was lol. I sent him out, used Payback, next thing I know, "Forretress used Explosion!" XD

And I knew it was Lance, XD I'm getting tired :P I even named the image correctly, just typed it wrong up there, XD

And just FYI, my Playtime is so high cause sometimes I leave the emulator open and forget about it, lol. It didn't take me 20 extra hours to grind 20 levels, lol.

Years
    Haha, I am already at 100 hours of playtime, considering that someone managed to play through Pokemon Red at 1:59 o.o

I am doing extreme sidetracking right now, just caught Articuno and Suicune, lol.

Explosion probably did 20-30 damage to you? o.o

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    Ok
    Defeated the elder with my totodile
    Healed up at the poke center
    Fought my way through the Violet gym
    Won myself a Zephyr Badge
    Waterblast evolved into croconaw
    Continued my way down to the pokemon center on route 32 Got myself an old rod
    Walked backed to Violet City fished and caught my self a magikarp nicknamed it rage and a poliwag nicknamed it Aqua
    Headed yo union Cave saved it at the entrance
    Waited till night and caught a wooper
    saved the game
    Going to start playing again now

Current team

Waterblast Lv 19
    Scratch
    Bite
    Water Gun
    Rage

Aqua Lv 11
    Water Spout
    Bubble
    Hypnosis
    Water gun

Rage Lv 11
    Splash
    (yeah be scared now)

Flipper Lv 7
    Water gun
    Tail whip
    Mud Sport

Last edited:
    Years
    But you can only get the upgraded E4 by beating Red? O_o

Or am I misunderstanding what you're saying.

Nope, it upgrades after you get the Earth Badge.

What came as a surprise was that you could catch Articuno before the Earth Badge.

EDIT: YES YES YES I BEAT KAREN!!!!!!
    But I think I stand 0% chance against Lance. I'm depending on you, ROLLOUT. :D
    (The Salamence likes to use Flamethrower. Seriously!?!!?!??!)

EDIT AGAIN: LOL I WIN HAHAHAHA ROLLOUT!
    (Lance was significantly easier than Karen.)

Pokemon HGSS Monotype Challenge V2!
    Update #15 - You know what? Not so smooth.

Sorry for the crazy update speed, I really have nothing to do these days. My friends are all back home and I'm the only one in my hostel.

Spoiler:

I'm left with RED. More grinding!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back