• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    Username: Ricklol
    Type: Normal, But no noob-ass pokes
    Version:HeartGold
    I Can trade Egg's from Pt and my completed SoulSilver (So all Pokémon available)
    I know this is my first post but plz answer me like i have 1 Million posts or something and not that i am a total Forum and Pokémon Noob

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
    Update on my Psychic challenge:
    - I train my pokemon, no much to say

My team:
    Girafarig - Amulet Coin - Lv 48
    - Psychic
    - Crunch
    - Strenght
    - Return

Slowking - Mystic Water - Lv 49
    - Ice Beam
    - Yawn
    - Psychic
    - Surf

Xatu - Sharp Beak - Lv 49
    - Fly
    - U-turn
    - Night Shade
    - Ominous Wind

Exeggutor - Miracle Seed - Lv 50
    - Leaf Storm
    - Psychic
    - Poison Powder
    - Leech Seed

Hypno - Twistedspoon - Lv 50
    - Nightmare
    - Hypnosis
    - Dream Eater
    - Psychic

Alakazam - Choice Specs. - Lv 53
    - Charge Beam
    - Psychic
    - Focus Blast
    - Shadow Ball

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Ricklol, the normal type isn't rare or scarce. No eggs are allowed for them.

Vicousvirus

The Poison Master
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 31, 2010
    Are we allowed to use the GTS for trading in our challenges?

If so, when I see one I'm going to nab a Bulbasaur and use it my my playthrough.

EDIT: Are we allowed to send pomemon over from D/P/Pt over to Soul Silver for breeding purposes? I'd like a Brave Bird Crobat :)

Last edited:

JFire

Quilava Lover
    Years
    Update #3!
    • Backtracked to head out to Olivine City.
    • Trained on the route. Heracross 26, Mankey 21.
      Found Drain Punch.
    • Made it to Olivine where I was stopped by my rival.
    • Healed my pokemon and went to the Lighthouse trained on my way up. Mankey 25.
    • Headed out to Cianwood City, trained on the water route. Mankey hit 28 and evolved to Primeape. Heracross hit 27. Croconaw hit 19 when I was using him to revive Mankey.
    • Finally made it to Cianwood and promptly hit the pokecenter for some healing.
    • Went to the Pharmacy and got SecretPotion to save the lighthouse pokemon.
    • Went up north and found Suicune, and Eusine challenged me to a battle. I beat him, and Heracross hit 28.
    • Took down all of Cianwood's gym trainers easy, and Heracross leveled to 29.
    • Chuck, the leader, was harder, but I managed to defeat him, and got Focus Punch as a reward, which I taught to Poliwrath.
    • I left the gym and a woman gave me the HM Fly! I needed a new HM slave.
    • On my way back to the mainland, I fought a random Tentacool and won, which leveled Heracross to 30.
    • Got back, and immediately left to catch the first flying type I could find, a level 5 hoothoot.
    • Travelled back to Olvine to take down the gym. As I stepped in the door, another old man told me he knew I would be there. Soon after I was stopped by another person, this time a young girl who basically said the same thing, so maybe the old man wasn't a pedophile, or maybe they just both wanted my junk. No gym trainers in this one so it was straight on to Jasmine!
    • Heracross easily OHKO'd her first magnemite with a brick break, and Primeape took down this next magnemite in a similar fashion.
    • Steelix was much harder as he had a lot of health and he OHKO'd Primeape after a screech. However, Poliwrath only had to Surf twice to take the Steelix out and grew to level 32!
    • After leaving the gym I got a call from Prof Elm. He told me the radio was broadcasting something about Team Rocket. I, being smarter than Prof Elm is, realized Team Rocket had taken over the Goldenrod radio station. I healed at the pokecenter then flew to Goldenrod.
    • My suspicions were confirmed as I approached the radio tower, several rocket members were scattered around and there was nobody else in sight. I entered the tower.
    • The Team Rocket theme music was booming throughout the room, I couldn't help but jam out for a few seconds.
    • A rocket member was guarding the staircase and he told me I couldn't get through until I was wearing a Rocket uniform. God, did I want to have that uniform, it was just so awesome looking.
    • I went down into the underground tunnel and saw a rocket goon standing guard, he thought I was a new recruit and gave me a spiffy new uniform, yes just what I've always wanted!
    • Exiting the tunnel I ran straight to the Radio Tower. I once again jammed to the music, then talked the guard. He let me pass but my rival tried to stop me from being in Team Rocket. Not wanting him to be disappointed, I switched to my old clothes and told him I wasn't in Team Rocket. He took the clothes from me and threw them away. :(
    • However the rocket grunt saw that and I had to battle him. Sorry Rocket guy, I really did want to join.
    • I easily destroyed his pokemon, gaining Primeape level 29!
    • The rocket goons were holding the radio hosts hostage on the next floor and I had to help them to maybe get in one of the attractive ladies pants!
    • The first grunt only had rattatta and Primeape took them out without breaking a sweat.
    • There were three other grunts I fought two of them, but the last one was a woman! Ack! How could I fight an attractive woman in skintight clothing! I shook my head and focused on her Arbok. Poliwrath 33! I could tell the hypnosis + focus punch would be a great combo.
    • I talked to the lady just past the female rocket member, but she wasn't interested in a 10 year old. Dang.
    • Left for the next floor fighting several more rockets. Primeape level 30. I talked to another attractive woman who told me the director was on the 5th floor and I needed to save him.
    • The next floor leveled Primeape to 31.
    • On the next floor I found Petrel pretending to be someone else yet again... I easily defeat all of his pokemon, leveling Poliwrath to 35.
    • He gave me a key to find the director.
    • Went back to the underground tunnel. Met yet another kimono lady and moved on, huge basement base. Ugh. My rival attacked me as I got down there. I beat him, Machoke 34, Heracross 31!
    • Got through the rest of that floor Primeape 32, Poliwrath 36.
    • The next floor had a lot of boxes in it, and I could see the director.
    • A few easy grunts down, Primeape level 33, and I got the director's card key. I left through the basement floor of the department store and headed back toward the radio tower.
    • After opening the door I fought a rocket grunt to get through to the stairs. His pokemon were easy and Poliwrath hit 37!
    • Saw an item and went for it only to be stopped by Proton, who was also apparently guarding the stairs to the next floor. Again, an easy win. The item was an ultra ball...
    • On the next floor Ariana stood between me and an elevator, so I easily defeated her and took the ride up. Machoke leveled to 35.
    • I realized I had no more potions so I had to go back to town to heal and get more potions before I moved on.
    • Next was Archie, his houndour was able to defeat my Machoke with two lucky crits. So, I moved on to Poliwrath and OHKO'd it. Poliwrath continued destroying his pokemon and hit level 38. Archer was upset that he lost and disbanded Team Rocket. Yay! Except now I'll never get to join... :(
    • The director, another old man, barged in and gave me the "RAINBOW wing". Right, another pedophile giving me innuedo filled gifts...
    • I left the building and proceeded to fly to Mahogany Town so I could move forward with the game!
    • I did some training on the route to Ice Path, did you know that you can skip every single trainer on that route? Wow! The last trainer, a man, told me I was hot stuff then asked for my number... great. Primeape 34, Poliwrath 39.
    • While in the Ice Path I found HM07, taught it to Croconaw, and solved a few puzzles, I also helped a Kimono Lady get unstuck from a pool of ice.
    • Made it to Blackthorn City, where I healed and went straight for the gym. Easily took out every single trainer with Poliwrath's Hypnosis + Focus Punch. Poliwrath leveled to 41.
    • Clair's Gyarados and Kingdra made it hard for Poliwrath, but we beat those two and were able to destroy the rest of her team. Poliwrath level 42.
    • After the battle I had to go into the Dragon's Den in order to get my badge, ****ing Clair. Anyway, I passed the test and got my badge.
    • Left the Dragon's Den and flew to Ecruteak.
    • Headed out for Mt. Mortar, surfed out to the middle entrance, but saw Suicune! It pushed me out of the way and Eusine talked to me afterward. I finally took the middle entrance into Mt Mortar.
    • Surfed out to the giant waterfall there and landed on an "island" in the middle of the water, I went further back into the cave. There was a trainer in the next area and Machoke leveled to 36. This area was a weird maze.
    • Going down a ladder I found another maze! I eventually found my way to another ladder, and went down a couple flights of stairs and found the Karate King, Kiyo!
    • Machoke defeated both of his Hitmons, and Kiyo gave me a Tyrogue!
    • It had a Bashful nature, and I planned on evolving it into a Hitmonchan, luckily, it's IV phrase thingy said it had "Good Endurance" which apparently means it's highest stat is defense!
    • EV trained Tyrogue on route 45 for defense until he hit 20, evolving him into Hitmonchan! Also leveled Heracross to 32 Poliwrath to 43 and Machoke to 37.
    • Flew back to Ecruteak to heal and start EV training Hitmonchan in attack.
    • Taught Hitmonchan Drain Punch and gave it a pp up. Fought Goldeens and Seakings until Hitmonchan hit 31.
    My Team:

Poliwrath
    Level 43
    Moves:
    Focus Punch
    Headbutt
    Hypnosis
    Surf

Machoke
    Level 37
    Moves:
    Seismic Toss
    Foresight
    Wake-up Slap
    Karate Chop

Primeape
    Level 34
    Moves:
    Seismic Toss
    Focus Energy
    Fury Swipes
    Karate Chop

Heracross
    Level 32
    Moves:
    Horn Attack
    Counter
    Brick Break
    Aerial Ace

Hitmonchan
    Level 31
    Moves:
    Ice Punch
    Drain Punch
    Fire Punch
    Thunder Punch

Croconaw
    Level 19
    HM SLAVE

Lot of grinding and a lot of story done. Now all I've got left in Johto is Ho-oh and the E4! Might do those tonight, tomorrow, or the next day.

Shiari Xero

Completely Original
    Years
    • Well i ran to Goldenrod, and did the Radio tower, the Rockets gave me no hasle, Archer was alittle tough, dark vs ghost sucks..
    • After clearing the Radio tower i gain the Silver wing, and i head back to Mahogany town and i head towards the ice path
    • Alptraum is absolutely devastating everything in its path =D
    • I get to the Ice path, and i remember i need a HM slave with Strength and Rock Smash, and my unevolved HM-slave Totodile cannot learn them, so i retire him and i go and grab a new one, a lvl 19 Gyarados from Lake of Rage, and taught it Strength, Surf, Rock Smash and Whirlpool.
    • I walk through Ice path, grinding as i go. I find the HM for waterfall, and the original owner of it was nice enough to give it to me n_n'
    • Finally reached the other side of Blackthorn, and smiled as the sun hit my face. As a Ghost trainer, i do like the dark.. but bein in there that long with that much cold was harsh. The sun felt nice. And Alptraum is grinning, he must be happy aswell. (Or he liked downing those Jyxn >.>")
    • After looking around Blackthorn, i found out that the Gym was most Dragon -type trainers, so i figure now is the best time for....
    • Heart-Scale Hunting! Thats right folks, time to go hunting for those tiny little heart shaped scales that crazy people collect. These little Devils are hard to find and make you want to beat your head into the desk.
    • 3 HOURS later, i find ONE.. One mother ^)_$%#* Heart scale for three hours of my life.. ¬_¬
    • I go back to Blackthorn and i teach Skelenoir Ice Punch, and then i head off to challenge Blackthorn Gym with Skelenoir Leading.
    • Had some problems with the various Seadra, but the Dratinis and Dragonairs were easy.
    • I get to Clair, she acts all tough saying she can hold her own against the elite four, and then accepts my challenge.
    • -Skelenoir goes out, and Gyarados comes out.. forgot about him... dammit
    • -I send out Alptraum and i down Gyarados with one Thunderbolt, so i send out Skelenoir when Dragonair #1 comes out, and i place a few Ice Punches on him.
    • -Kingdra comes out and i place a few Shadow Sneaks before she downs me with a 2nd Hydro Pump, then i send out Mori for fodder to revive Skelenoir, then when Mori goes down, i bring out Alptraum who downs Kingdra in two Shadow Balls, (her Hydro Pumps missed =D)
    • Dragonair #2 gets downed by two well placed Ice Punches and i win =D!
    • WooT The Eighth ba- what? Wont accept it? Lazy Ideals? Oh you *(#@$ gimme mah badge!
    • ....¬¬
    • Now i have to go to the "Dragons Den" to take the test.. so i go and grab Gyarados and i head down to the Dragons Den. When inside im attacks by some Dragon trainers, saying im not allowed there.. in the mood i am in right now, i just beat their pokemon to a pulp without a word, and i head to the Shrine, and i meet the Dragon Elder...
    • I take the test, a bunch of questions.
    • I pass the test with flying colors, which pisses off Clair (to my amusement) and then i leave the Dragons den after obtaining the badge i rightfully won and i storm out in a huff
    • I get a call from Elm, he has something for me.. better not be a trick old man, last time he called me and said that was on my 10th birthday and i got a bag of bugs from him.. scared the living hell out of me
    • I get there and I obtain the Master Ball. And i get told that Kimono dressed girls were looking for me..oooooh ;D
    • They are said to be in Ecruteak, so i head right there and i head to the Dance Theater, and try to enter, when Soul gets knocked out of there, he looks upset. I help him up and he shoves me away, saying he got thrashed by them and then ran off because he "didnt want to see me win"
    • I get in and they say they want to test me, and the first walk up, Oooh a battle. The battle against the Kimono girls starts now
    • -The first one sends out Umbreon, who almost takes my entire team out... dammit
    • -I finally down Umbreon with Focus Blast then the next battles went underway.. pretty easy so i wont waste space talking about them
    • -Went to Whirl Islands, caught lugia (without using masterball) and then went to the Pokemon League Reception gate (Routes before were uneventful) and headed through Victory Road.
    • Near the end, Soul shows up and Challenges me, and Alptraum lays waste to his team. He huffs and storms off.
    • I run up to the League and i put in my challenge and i head in to Wills domain.
    • Will was extremely easy, Alptraum destroyed everything.
    • Koga was alittle more difficult, but Voodoo did very well
    • Bruno was easy too, Mori did well up till Machamp, then Alptraum knocked Machamp off for the win
    • ...god i hate dark types.. Karen's team laid waste to me, thank god for max revives and Focus blast, i won but barely.,
    • Finally, the battle with Lance.
    • -Alptraum took out Gyarados and Charizard, Skelenoir took out the last four, Aerodactyl, and Dragonites 1, 2 and 3, but he had some struggles, being slower and alittle weaker physical attacker, but i got the job done and.......
    • WooooooooT Elite Four Champion!
    Spoiler:

• After winning and seeing the credits, i end up in my room and i head over to Elms to grab the SS ticket and i head to Olivine and board it, and thats where i am now, heading for Kanto.

Badges:

Team:

Alptraum the Modest Gengar (M)
    Level 49
    -Shadow Ball
    -Dark Pulse (to be replaced by Sludge Bomb)
    -Focus Blast
    -Thunderbolt

Skelenoir the Bashful Dusknoir (M)
    Level 50
    -Ice Punch
    -Shadow Sneak
    -Will-O-Wisp
    -Earthquake

Mori the Serious Misdreavus (M)
    Level 41
    -Charge Beam
    -Psybeam
    -Shadow Ball
    -Pain Split

Voodoo the Adamant Banette (F)
    Level 44
    -Shadow Claw
    -Faint Attack
    -Headbutt
    -Will-O-Wisp

HM-Slaves:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    Steel Mono-Type Challenge

I have done some changes to my team & cleared 9-16 Gym & Red during my long weekend :) & here is the winning team.

My Steel Team

Metagross
    (Steel / Psychic) Lv 64
    Zen Headbutt / Meteor Mash / Bullet Punch / Hammer Arm

Steelix (Steel / Ground) Lv 63
    Iron Tail / Stone Edge / Crunch / Earthquake

Scizor (Steel / Bug) Lv 65
    Bug Bite / Brick Break / Iron Head / Sword Dance

Magneton
    (Steel / Electric) Lv 66
    Thunderbolt / Flash Cannon / Thunder Wave / Explosion

Empoleon (Steel / Water) Lv 63
    Suft / Ice Beam / Grass Knot / Hydro Cannon

Lucario (Steel / Fighting) Lv 65
    Close Combat / Extremespeed / Iron Tail / Shadow Claw

Being Steel Type :P Hail have no effect on me when fighting Red

I thinking of my next challenge - any recommendations ?

Vicousvirus

The Poison Master
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 31, 2010
    Here's another question, is using the Safari Zone disallowed?

If it is, that leads me onto my next question, am I allowed to import
    either a Croagunk or Grimer being as the latter isn't available until Kanto and the former has no way to be obtained outside of the Rally pokewalker course event.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2010
    Long overdue update.
    Haven't played in a while. Before this update I did play voltorb flip for a long time, and finally got the thunderbolt TM. Voltorb flip is actually a pretty fun game once you figure out how to play it well.

-Started out inside the Ice cave. Pidgeot was freezing so I tried my best to rush through.
    -Some areas of the floor were very slippery and I couldn't change direction when I walked on the ice. I had to slide my way through.
    -After more ice floors I found the Waterfall HM. Later I found an old man who said he misplaced that HM, but he wanted me to keep it. I used the HM to teach waterfall to Gyarados.
    -I had to use strength to push a few boulders down to the floor below.
    -I went down to the next floor and slid on the ice. Somehow running straight into the boulders didn't hurt me, so I proceded down to the next floor.... and the next one... and maybe more.
    -On the final floor I found a Kimono Girl who was stuck in the ice... and also blocking my way out. I pushed her out of the way and she thanked me. I exited the cave and entered Blackthorn City.
    -After stopping by the pokemon center, I went to the move tutor's house. I gave him the Heart Scale I won from the Pokeathlon a while back and he helped Crobat learn cross poison. I had a feeling this move would really come in handy later...
    -Stocked up in the mart and headed into the gym.
    -Battled the trainers in the gym and finally confronted Clair.

Gym Battle.
    -Screw you Clair. Just thought I would throw that out there.
    -I easily took out her Gyarados with 2 thunderbolts from Dragonair.
    -My gyarados then took out both of her dragonair with ice fang. Ironic eh?
    -She then sends her Kingdra. I could have sworn the thing had black wings for a second.
    -I tried to use Pidgeot to do decent damage, but I only got one Fly attack through because Hydro pump does massive damage.
    -I switched to Crobat and used cross poison. Kingdra was poisoned and it had very low health. Clair used a hyper potion.
    -I used cross poison some more, until Kingdra had 1 hp left, and it fainted Crobat with another Hydro pump.
    -I switched to dragonair and healed, hoping to get some good exp since Kingdra was about to faint. BUT NO, CLAIR USES A FULL RESTORE.
    -I used a max revive on crobat, since I know i would need him again.
    -Kingdra got a OHKO on dragonair with dragon pulse... not much else to say there.
    -Switched back to crobat and used cross poison. Karma kills. It was a critical hit AND Kingdra was poisoned again. I used cross poison once more to finish her off.

Aftermath
    -Clair refused to give me the gym badge unless I went to the dragon's den and passed some test. I thought battling her was the test...
    -I went into the dragon's den and battled a few trainers. I then surfed on the water inside and went through a whirlpool.
    -I arrived at a small hut and met a few sages inside who asked me a few questions. Nothing special here. They told me I passed the test... that was it?
    -Clair arrived and found out I found the test. She seeemed pretty angry because apparantly she never passed the test. One of the sages mentioned the name "Lance" and the quickly handed me the badge and ran off. She must really respect him. I used an escape rope to exit the dungeon and got a call from Professor elm, who told me had had a gift for me.

Current Party

Pidgeot Lvl 37
    -Twister
    -Sand Attack
    -Fly
    -Quick Attack

Crobat Lvl 37
    -Wing Attack
    -Cross poison
    -Astonish
    -Bite

Gyarados Lvl 37
    -Ice Fang
    -Waterfall
    -Bite
    -Dragon Rage

Dragonair Lvl 37
    -Thunderbolt
    -Thunder Wave
    -Aqua Tail
    -Dragon Rage

Yanmega lvl 36
    -Shadow Ball
    -Ancient Power
    -Pursuit
    -SonicBoom

Crocnaw
    Hm Slave

Nohr

Long-time Trainer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    Quick Update:

I finally managed to grind almost my entire team to level 40, then attempted the elite four. I made it to Bruno and his Hitmonlee, but he demolished my entire Ice-team, with a combination of Blaze Kick and Hi Jump Kick.

I went back and raised my Jynx up to level 44, then tried again. This time I wiped Bruno no problem at all, except his Machamp was a little tough.

The Dark-type E4 member was pretty easy, the only threat on her team was Houndoom, who was doused easily by my Lapras and her surf, while holding Mystic Water.

Lance and his Aerodactyl gave me a bit of trouble, until I sent out Mamoswine, who cleaned it up. My Glaceon and his Hail, blizzard combo took out all of the rest, except Charizard. Who, surprisingly, stood up quite well, but was eventually taken down by my Lapras.

So yeah, I have made it into Kanto. Here is my team, as it stands:

Lapras, level 43. Ice Beam, Surf, Waterfall, Thunderbolt

Glaceon, level 44. Ice Beam, Blizzard, Icy Wind, Hail

Cloyster, Level 41 Aurora Beam, Clamp, Withdraw, Supersonic

Mamoswine, level 44. Earthquake, Ancient Power, Avalanche, Strength

Jynx, level 46. Psychic, Shadowball, Sing, Blizzard

Weavile, level 40. Faint Attack, Night Slash, Icy Wind, Thief

Electrovenom

Often lost in thought
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2010
    Name: Electrovenom
    Type: Electric
    Version: Soul Silver

An I allowed to import a Electrike and Pichu egg, as my only Electric pokemon until Goldenrod would be a Mareep...

EDIT: What about a Rotom? It can breed so I don't think it's legendary...

Last edited:

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    ^no to all, except for pichu (rotom is not a legendary, correct)

Safari zone and pokewalker routes are allowed.

So yeah you guys are gonna have to forgive my inactivity. As you might realize, I have begun my summer vacation. I'll be around but there will be times I might be slow to respond/update.

Electrovenom

Often lost in thought
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2010
    Awesome, I've got my team sorted

Lanturn
    Magnezone
    Jolteon
    Electivire
    Raichu
    Manectric (if my sources are right, can be ontained from Safari...)

Mareep is a fill in until I get Eevee and Electabuzz.

I'ma ace this Monotype :)

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
    Years
    Day One
    Spoiler:

Day Two
    Spoiler:

Day Three

• Man, it feels like it's been an entire week. Stupid long days going by so slowly.
    • Well, I finally got moving to Mr. Pokémon's house. On my way there though, I got attacked by a Wild Weedle. Guess what? The little prick Poisoned Totodile. Of course, that didn't spare it Totodile's full aqua-based fury, but that meant we have to go all the way back to the Pokémon Center! The Weedle shall pay for this transgression.
    • Oh goddammit! Totodile got Poisoned agained, by another damn Weedle! Back to the Pokémon Center we go...
    • We just made it to the Pokémon Center, and even the nurse was starting to look exasperated. Hey, believe me lady, we're not doing this on purpose. Stupid damn Weedle...
    • We finally got back to Route 30, destroying every single Weedle we found. They deserve it anyways, for Poisoning us every freaking time we get close to Mr. Pokémon's house!
    • Oh great, instead of a Weedle, I find a Kakuna instead. Luckily, all it knows is Harden. Heh, phallic imagery.
    • Finally made it to, what I believe to be, Mr. Pokémon's house. After a quick checking of the mailbox, I found out that this is indeed the house I've been looking for. I don't bother to knock cause hey, what's the worst thing that could happen?
    • Oh great, I walked in on two old guys talking about the 'good ole days'. Just freaking beautiful. You know, if I wanted to kill myself slowly, there are a lot better ways of going about it.
    • Did I travel all this way, and cross over dozens of Weedle for an Egg? You have got to be kidding me? Screw this, I want an omelet, and I want one now!
    • Damn, I just realized I forgot my camping supplies. No omelet for now...
    • Well, I got introduced to Mr. Pokémon and his acquaintance, Prof. Oak, who must be going senile, since he keeps calling me 'Red'.
    • Prof. Oak went off on some tangent on how the Kanto Gym Leaders are some of the best Trainers there are. He manages to get to the Cerulean Gym Leader, Misty, the self-proclaimed Water-type expert, and I finally snapped. I told him that if I chose to specialize in just one type, I'd kick everyone's ass. I told him that, not only would I focus on just Water-type Pokémon, but I'd personally travel to Kanto and defeat Misty. He just looked amused, before he left, calling me 'Red' once more.
    • Oh yeah, and he gave me a Pokédex, and registered my number. With this Pokédex, I can check out the new Pokémon I've caught. Oh wait...I can't catch any Pokémon yet. I just don't have the Balls.
    • I left Mr. Pokémon's house, and immediately got a call from Prof. Elm. What the hell happened now, man? Can't I just complete this errand already?
    • Okay, Elm is being a complete spaz again. I better go check on him to make sure he didn't accidentally swap a Pokémon's medication with his. Last time that happened, he thought he was a Magikarp and kept trying to use Tackle attack on everyone. He never leveled up once.
    • I finally made it back to Cherrygrove, hitting up the local Pokémon Center upon arrival. After healing up Totodile, I tried to leave town and go back home.
    • I made a quick stop off at Route 30, beating the hell out of some Weedle, before walking back home.
    • What...what is this awesome music I'm hearing?

• Where ever this music is coming from, it is made of badass and win.
    • Oh crap. It's him.Wasn't beating the hell out of me once enough for him? Apparently, he doesn't think so.
    • HEY! I am not a wimp. Go on, send out your Pokémon! I bet you picked Cynadquil like a noob! I bet Totodile knocks your Pokémon out with Water Gun! I bet...

• ...You prick.
    • I still decimated his Chikorita with my Totodile's Scratch attack. All it did was Growl at me.
    • Right before he decided to make his big dramatic exit, Mr. Passerby Boy dropped something important~

• Thievery is fun! Oh yeah, and I saw his name too. Seriously, why name your kid after a color? Damn hippies not knowing their culture has died out, along with disco.
    • I've made my grand entrance in New Bark Town, and no one is there to welcome me back!? That's just plain mean...
    • I better check on Elm to make sure he hasn't wet himself in fear, or if he's still using Splash attack.
    • Oh great, a cop. This will obviously end well for me.

• Why? Why did I do it!? This wouldn't happen if I was white.

• See this for future references.
    • Let me guess, she's going to reveal some shocking information next?

• So freaking called that one.
    • The cop asks me for a name for the red-haired wonder, and I gave it to him without any problems. I gladly tell him that the red-haired boy's name is 'Silver', and even the cop looks somewhat suspicious. If I hadn't read that name off the Trainer Card, I wouldn't have believed it either.
    • Well, I handed over the Mystery Egg to Prof. Elm, since I knew I wouldn't be able to leave and eat it without getting caught.
    • Also, the senile old man handing out Pokédexes (is that the plural of Pokédex?) is amazing. Note the sarcasm.
    • I really don't feel like taking the Pokémon Gym Leader Challenge, but if I don't, I'll never hear the end of it from Oak, should I ever see him again.
    • Well, went home to talk to Mom about how I'm going on a journey to collect Water-type Pokémon, kick ass, and take names. I tried to leave out the parts with the pedophiles, since she wouldn't let me go if she knew about them. Besides, Totodile fixed that last one rather well.
    • Mom suggested holding onto my money for safe-keeping, which isn't a bad idea. I give her the OK on it, I go upstairs, jump into bed, and go to sleep. Not like the Gym's are going anywhere, right?

Name: Arcelio
    Pok
    é Dollars: 3500
    Badges: 0
    Pok
    émon: 1
    Pok
    édex: 005 Seen, 001 Obtained

Current Team

Name:
    Totodile/Totodile
    Nature: Timid
    Level: 11
    Attacks: Scratch|Leer|Water Gun|Rage

And that's a wrap. Okay, so what do you guys think of this update? As you can see, near the end, I started to lean more towards posting screenshots, as well as commentary. I think I'm being influenced by all the 'Let's Play!' Pok
    émon games I've been reading. What would you guys prefer, straight text, mixed (with screenshots used here and there, as opposed to everything), or screenshots used a lot during the update (with a comment following each one)? Note to self: do not copy this and place it in SPOILER tags next update.

Oh, and as for the YouTube video, I couldn't get the .mp3 to work correctly. Sorry~.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I like the mix you did there. It had sort of everything which was cool and kept it interesting.

EDIT: Has anybody noticed how as soon as I asked that kid for some proof of his challenge he stopped updating? lmao

I called him on it. ; )

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
    Years
    I like the mix you did there. It had sort of everything which was cool and kept it interesting.

EDIT: Has anybody noticed how as soon as I asked that kid for some proof of his challenge he stopped updating? lmao

I called him on it. ; )

Well, that's one vote for mixed, right?

Also, I'm going to laugh my ass off if he's planning a gigantic update at this minute, which includes everything from start to finish.

P.S: Just got finished being complete terrified because I thought the ROM hadn't saved again. Come to find out that...

I was using the wrong ROM. I'm keeping my progress on SoulSilver, and I kept clicking HeartGold. I spazzed out so badly that I went and downloaded no$zoomer to try to reclaim a .SAV file that wasn't there. Maybe I should start keeping these things in better folders?

Shiari Xero

Completely Original
    Years
    Love the way you did you update Arcelio. I read alot of Lets Plays from the Lets Play Archive, and i think you should do it like that, or atleast a few screen shots here and there =p

@.EJ lol i notice it now that you mention it, that kid was acting like he was all that, and then when you call him out he suddenly dissapears xD
    He was probably faking it, thinking everyone would be like "Woah this kid iz amazing, best pokemon player ever!!!!1111oneoneeleven" lmao

Anyways, my quick update:
    Spoiler:

JFire

Quilava Lover
    Years
    Pretty short update, but hey, I thought I'd post it.

Update #4!

• Flew down to New Bark and was told by Prof Elm that some Kimono girls were looking for me at the Ecruteak Dance Theater.
    • I flew back to Ecruteak where I was challenged by all of the Kimono Girls back-to-back. Hitmonchan was able to defeat Umbreon, but was easily defeated by Espeon, next Poliwrath defeated Espeon narrowly. Flareon defeated Primeape in one hit, and then I used Hoothoot to revive Hitmonchan.
    • Flareon was hurt from the battle with Primeape, so I used Poliwrath to finish it off. Jolteon was tough and finished off my Machoke in two hits. Heracross defeated her with a Brick Break critical.
    • The last up was Vaporeon. It OHKO'd my Hitmonchan, and I switched to Heracross who got it down to just a sliver of health with the help of a few potions. The only pokemon I had left was Poliwrath, I healed him to full and put it to sleep, then hit it with a headbutt, defeating it and earning Poliwrath level 44!
    • I recieved the Clear Bell, and then a pokemon flew over the Bell Tower and the Kimono Girls left to check it out.
    • I healed and then followed them there. I passed a couple of monks that acted as checkpoints. Then there was a maze sort of thing with a lot of jumps. Long story short, I made it to Ho-oh. Leveled Hitmonchan to 32 on Rattattas on the way up. Poliwrath solo'd him by putting him to sleep and then surfing a couple of times. Yay!
    • Headed out toward the pokemon league first trainer I found was an ace trainer with bublasaur and its evolutions. They were no problem for Heracross. Heracross level 33.
    • More trainers a lot of easy levels. Hitmonchan 35, Primeape 35, Heracross 34, Poliwrath 45.
    • Made it to Victory Road, it was a very annoying cave but no trainers so it was easy enough to get through.
    • At the end I had to fight Silver, so funny story here. Remember when his Gastly used Curse on my low leveled Mankey while it was at about 1/3 health? It used Curse on my hoothoot who I had out to heal some pokemon. Hah. No levels from the fight. =/
    • So I had made it to the Pokemon League! My next goal was to at least see Bruno's Machamp so I could trade evolve my Machoke over the GTS with my SS game.
    • Started the Elite 4. Will was definitely going to be a problem. Xatu defeated Hitmonchan with no trouble but my Poliwrath put it to sleep then defeated it easily enough. Will destroyed me with his other pokemon though.
    • The next try I beat Xatu in much the same way. His Exeggutor destroyed all of my team, but I managed to revive Poliwrath and kill it with Hypnosis + Focus Punch.
    • I narrowly defeated the second Xatu, and then Will brought out Jynx, who killed Poliwrath. **** Will.
    • I took a break and did some Pokeathlon stuff. Stamina is so easy to win.
    • Started grinding, mostly for Hitmonchan, but I didn't keep track of levels, I eventually leveled Hitmonchan high enough to defeat Will!
    • So, I defeated him! Yay! I healed with potions then moved onto Koga.
    • Defeated Koga barely, and finally moved on to Bruno. I beat most of his pokemon, but I lost to Machamp. Luckily that's all I went in for!
    • Attempted to GTS trade my SS game for Machamp, but I couldn't find my character's offer. So if anyone wants to trade me real fast that'd be great! PM me. :)
    My Team:

Poliwrath
    Level 47
    Moves:
    Focus Punch
    Waterfall
    Hypnosis
    Surf

Hitmonchan
    Level 46
    Moves:
    Ice Punch