• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquerex

A New Beggining
Years
  • I'm taking a break from my Bug challenge for a while. I finish it later.

Oh, and could I start a Flying challenge on my other SS on top of my Bug challenge?
    Thanks! :)

Aquerex

Last edited:

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    Congratulations twinsandvikes777 on completetion of your challenge!
    This should get EJ's attention, lol.

Yes, I decided to be really awkward and switch back from Mechabug to Corruptodile. Accept it. :)

SkieTheKitsune

Hi, I'm FoxMan! I physically cannot change my user
    Years
  • I like the username Corruptodile. It just sounds really awesome. ;3

Here's my update for the day: I made it to the Elite 4 and attempted to beat their asses into the ground. Surprisingly, I made it to Karen before i blacked out, but I knew I was screwed from the moment I stepped through those doors anyway. xD

...I shouldn't be laughing. Back to level grinding! Yaaaaaaaaaay. =.=

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    I defeated Falkner. Continued leveling up my Owl and Bella. Boosting Owl's sp. attack Bella's attack. Togepi hatched and I named him Speckle. I'm training him right now boosting his special attack.

Dragonsfreak

eevee raiser
    Years
  • And here it comes:

Flowers Journey Diary, Part IX

Finally, after days in the Battle Frontier I was alble to teach Outrage to Bloom. after this i went to the Bug contest, caught a Pinsir and won...a Dawn Stone...great...hmpf...went to the Pokeathlon thing...looked in the shop and made some jumps in to the air. the Reason: a Leaf Stone. So i spent about two Hours in the Stamina course and earned 2500 Points.
    I was Ready for Kanto, so i got on board of the ship...fought trainers. played hide and seek with the little girls evolved Nights into Shiftry after it had learned Extrasensory.
    Landed in Vermillion City and started in the Gym and Lt. Surge...his Double Team spam is a bit annoying, it let 4 Earthquakes miss...but eventually Bloom and Gideon won me my ninth Badge^^
    Next Stop: Saffron City.
    Well...nothing special. Sabrina wasn´t that hard cause i had Nights with Dark Pulse...so you can guess hoow the Battle went.
    Next stop: Cerulean City and the Power Plant
    another Running job...sigh...got the Part of the machine and fought Misty...erhm...do i have to say that this was probably the most easiest Gym till now? Her water Pokemon were not worth mentioning.
    Well I´m heading for Celadon City.

My Team:

Bloom
    lv. 54

Body Slam
    Synthesis
    Outrage
    Petal Dance

Owen
    lv. 53

Confusion
    Psychic
    Leaf Storm
    Leech Seed

Lill
    lv. 52

Leaf Blade
    Sludge Bomb
    Leaf Storm
    Sleep Powder

Gideon
    lv. 52

Razor Leaf
    Dig
    Iron Tail
    Synthesist

Kpt.Morgan
    lv. 53

Surf
    Zen Headbutt
    Ice Beam
    Hydro Pump

Nights
    lv. 51

Dark Pulse
    Razor Leaf
    Leaf Storm
    Extrasensory

Next Update Tomorrow. Hopefully with at least three new Badges

Last edited:

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    At least Misty's Starmie can have a go with a fast Ice Beam. Brock should be a doddle for you though, with slow, x4 weak Grass pokkemon. Lol.
    Good luck in Kanto all the same, with your dragon slaying Meganium though :)

I think the time has come for me to take up the challenge again though. I've got that game cartridge with...nothing on it. Must be sorted out.

Sign me up for the Electric challenge.
    I will NOT let Falkner irk me so.

Username: Corruptodile
    Type: Electric
    Version: Soul Silver

I've always wanted to use a Lanturn, never did get round to using it. Just used an Ampharos...hmmm. Should be interesting. :)

Becki

Pc will never be the same.....
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 24, 2018
    So on my first day of my dragon challenge so far i have:
    -I leveled up my totidile, and rad through and beat Faulkner pretty easily
    - i have been breeding my eggs on plat, all three will be adamant. I know Bagon will have dragon dance, hydro pump, dragon pulse as egg moves, and gible will have dragon pulse, as for trapinch im not quite sure yet.

then shortly i will be transfering the eggs over to my ss so i can really start this challenge!

Dragonsfreak

eevee raiser
    Years
  • Great to to see you back in the Challenge Corruptodile.

Yeah Misty^´s Starmie shook me with Ice Beam but Meganium is a damn Tank. it survived the Beam with around 50 % and countered with Petal Dance....Starmie was finished^^

Last edited:

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
  • ok this is going to be a long update i have not had access to my computer for five days and cause it is school holidays and all my friends went away i have no one to go out with so i played pokemon
    I FINISHED THE CHALLENGE

Update
    Got on the St Anne when i got on there decided cloyster was not up to scratch so i got rid of him
    Did all the ship stuff
    Got off talked to he poke fan club head got a rare candy WOW
    Fought LT Surge and even with an all water team with out a quagsire it was still kinda easy
    Left vermillion went to saffron city
    Was really nothing much to do so i went and fought Sabrina
    After what seemed like an eternity going through the warp pannels i got to her
    i fought her since my team is quite low on sp def except for Stingray she posed a little threat ut we came out on top
    After that i wondered around for ages and then remebered ohh yeah the power plant i have to get the missing part
    So i did i got the rocket grunt scared hm out of the gym
    went and spoke to misty she called me a pest so i went to her gym and my water team annihilated hers
    then battled the grunt got the machine part and fixed the magnet train
    then after that i went to the copy cat girl did the thing for her and got a train pass
    After that i went to celeadon city played voltob flip for about a a minute than stoped beat erika and went on my way
    Then i went to Fuchsia City and beat Jannie snce there is nothing else to do in that town but pal park i left quite quiickly
    Im going to Work so i will give the basic rundown
    Beat the rest of the gym leaders beat the new and improved Elite four like 15 times (used it as level grinding)
    Fought red it ended up being charizard vs Aqua and Aquas body Slam came through

Current Team
    Waterblast Lv 82

Slash
    Aqua Tail
    Super pOwer
    Ice Fang

Aqua Lv 85
    Body Slam
    Focus punch
    Hypnosis
    Bubblebeam

Stingray Lv 78
    Poison Jab
    Surf
    Toxic Spikes
    Hydro pump

Red Lv 76
    Guillotine
    Crab hammer
    Stomp
    BubbleBeam

Gon Lv 78
    Aqua Tail
    Ice beam
    Surf
    Aqua Ring

Quote For the Thing
    Just remember to have fun and level grind as much a possible

Last edited:

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    I got through union cave, cleared out slowpoke well and now I'm leveling up Speckle and Owl. Going to ditch Bella and replace her with Aipom as soon as I beat the gym and go through the forest to get headbutt.

IceFireLighnting

Name: IceFireLighnting
    Type: Ghost
    Version: SS

Dragonsfreak

eevee raiser
    Years
  • Oo...nothings going on here recently

well here is Flowers´ Journey Diary, Pert X

After my Victory over Misty, I brought the missing part back to the Power Plant. Afterwards I wend to Celadon and challenged Erica...Well the Battle wasn´t that hard cause the moveset my Pokemon can offer are effective against the most foes. Sludge Bomb and Psychic led me to the win.

Then it goes to Fuchsia were Janina waits for me. Again My moves turned a thought-to-be-hard-fight into a win. Owen´s Psychic blasted her team away.

Next stop was the Kanto Radio Tower where i got a new update for my PokeGear. Then i head for Snorlax and Pewter Gym. Brock isn´t not worth writeing about. Lill cut his team into pieces...Leaf Blade rocks.

the Veridian Gym was closed so I head for Alabastia and Blaires Gym on the SeaFoam island. Surprisingly...he was not the Enemy i feared the most. Cpt.Morgan proved his worth here with his Surf.Only Blaires Magmar stopped Cpt.Morgan. Magmar was finished off by Blooms Earthquake.

No real changes in my team except Nights had learned Rock Slide. My Pokemon are now around Lv 60

I Hope i can make my last update before I Start my Holiday trip on Sunday, cause my nds isn´t travelling with me ;)

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    Ah finally update:
    I beat bugsy and my rival finaalllyyy. I found the farfetch'd got cut and went to teach Bella headbutt after I taught totodile cut. Took about an hour and a half to find a male aipom(after about 7 heracross and one female aipom). I named him Giles(I may change it when I get to Goldenrod). Also my Owl evolved into noctowl and Speckle is still a togepi at level 21. Now I'm just training Giles since he's only at level 4.

Here is my team:

Owl lv20
    Uproar
    Peck
    Reflect
    Hypnosis

Speckle lv21
    Encore
    Yawn
    Extrasensory
    Metronome

Giles lv4
    Scratch
    Tail whip
    Sand-attack

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    EJ, could you put me in the Electric challengers? Thanks :)

And now
    The road to power! Electric Journal Entry 1!

Read in British accent y'all
    -I decided not to con the nickname of Aero any more and instead, embraced my true name, Joseph.
    -Also, confirmed I'm a boy.
    -Got a whole bunch of stuff from Mother
    -Got a Cyndaquil from Elm
    -Proudly showed off my Cyndaquil to Lyra and Mother, who called this ferocious Fire pokémon, 'cute'. I demand an explanation.
    -Got the Pokégear from, would you credit it, Mother.
    -Got to Cherrygrove and some running shoes which I intend to run in.
    -Was harassed by a guy for leaving him alone. Stalker. Get lost.
    -Found Mr. Pokemon and Oak, and got mai omelette (well, an egg).
    -Also, got a swanky Pokédex.

Saved my game here.

I should pick up some slack really xD but I'm kinda busy prepping for holidays. Speaking of which, have fun Dragonsfreak. :D

TEAM:

Hualalai the Jolly Cyndaquil

Level 6
    -Tackle
    -Leer
    -Smokescreen
    -

Cyndaquil was chosen due to me being cheap and wanting an advantage over my rival. If you haven't guessed yet, Cyndaquil learns Eruption, and Hualalai is a volcano on, yes, Hawaii.

Close enough. Besides, a beach is more 'summery' than a volcano.
    Let's get into the summer spirit. :D
    Peace out guys, looking forward to seeing all your logs. :)
    Wow, this song I'm listening to at time of writing is pretty inspirational. d:

Last edited:

Archaon

Lord of the End Times
    Years
  • Update number 2:
    Before I went through Ilex Forest, I once again tried to catch a Hippop and this time I was successfull. I started to train it immediately but it was quite difficult with only Splash, Synthesis and Tail Whip but I managed to bring it on level 10 where it learned Tackle.
    I arrived at Goldenrod but before entering the Gym I fought almost every trainer I could find and entered the the Bug-Catching Contest. I got a Caterpie in level 16 which evolved after a few battles to Metapod and finally to Butterfree.
    Meanwhile Hippop evolved to Skiploom and learned Poison Powder.
    I entered the gym in Goldenrod. Whitneys Miltank was really tough but I reached a draw due to Poison. After I got my third badge I went on to Ecruteak. I defeated every trainer in the Burned Tower, including my rival.
    after that I moved on at route 38 to train my Pokemon even further.
    In Olivine I cleared the Glitter Lighthouse and went back to Ecruteak.
    I finally entered the gym to defeat Morty.
    Two of his Pokemon fainted due to Curse (stupid ones) and his Gengar lost to the combined power of Leech Seed and Gust.
    Now I have four badges.

My team:

Pidgeotto level 34:
    Twister
    Roost
    Gust
    Quick Attack

Jumpluff levle 27:
    Headbutt
    Synthesis
    Leech Seed
    Poison Powder

Butterfree level 19:
    Tackle
    String Shot
    Bug Bite
    Supersonic

Totodile level 9:
    Scratch
    Surfer
    Water Gun
    Rage

Bellsprout level 7:
    Vine Whip
    Flash
    Cut
    Growth

By the way. I'm not in the challengers list yet. Could you change this please?

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
  • I am falling behind everybody cuz I haven't updated, GRINDING A LV 23 SWINUB WITHOUT FLY TO LV 40 IS HARD AND ITS JAPANESE!!! ARG! ME HEARTY! Gimme a bottle o rum and a grinding machine argh, CLAIRE IS HARD ARRRRRRR

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    I am falling behind everybody cuz I haven't updated, GRINDING A LV 23 SWINUB WITHOUT FLY TO LV 40 IS HARD AND ITS JAPANESE!!! ARG! ME HEARTY! Gimme a bottle o rum and a grinding machine argh, CLAIRE IS HARD ARRRRRRR

Lol don't worry. I've not even beaten Falkner yet.

And I'm doing Electric...

Dragonsfreak

eevee raiser
    Years
  • I should pick up some slack really xD but I'm kinda busy prepping for holidays. Speaking of which, have fun Dragonsfreak. :D

thanks Corruptodile, same goes for your holidays :D

here is my last Diary entry:

Flowers´ Journey Diary, Part XI

After my battle with Blaire, i surfed back to cinnabar to push Blue back into his Gym. Then i surfed and walked to Veridian and fought the trainers there and Blue...he wasn´t really a problem...only his Arcanine and Gyarados gave me a little bit to chew.
    With sixteen Badges in my pocket i started trainig for Red.
    I didn´t count the number of E4 runs i did. but after 25 or so i decided to take on red. Venusaur seems to be my monotype nemesis...i had to fight red twice because Venusaur crushed me the first time.

1. Gideon versus Pikachu: Gideon is faster and used Dig. OHKO. Red switched to Charizard, I chose Cpt.Morgan.
    2. Cpt.Morgan versus Charizard: Charizard attacked with Air Slash, Cpt.Morgan survived with 25% of its hp and attacked with surf. Charizard is in the red area with its HP and red used a Full Restore. Cpt.Morgan Attacked again with Surf and both Pokemon fainted due to the Hail.
    3. Bloom versus Lapras: Bloom used Petal Dance for a little less than half of Lapras´s HP. Lapras used Blizzard for ~70% of Bloom´s HP. then Blooms Petal Dance landed a Crit and Lapras was history. Red sent in Venusaur.
    4. versus Venusaur: Two Pokemon were Required to beat this Beast. First i sent in Lill, who sent Venusaur to sleep, then i switched to Owen and used Psychic to finish off Venusaur. Red sent in Snorlax, I to Nights.
    5. Nights versus Snorlax. 3HKO with Dark Pulse. Snorlax´ Blizzards missed
    6. Lill Versus Blastoise: A single Leaf Blade was all that Blastoise needed. OHKO

The Final 6:

Bloom
    lv. 83

Body Slam
    Earthquake
    Outrage
    Petal Dance

Meganium is impressived, espacially if its well trained. She my personal Killer Queen. She Fast, can take hits and gave the damage back. simply great

Owen
    lv. 78

Confusion
    Psychic
    Leaf Storm
    Leech Seed

Special Force. Owen dealed with annoyning Poison Types and any other slower high Physical Defense Pokemon

Lill
    lv. 80

Leaf Blade
    Sludge Bomb
    Leaf Storm
    Sleep Powder

Damage Dealer. Simple and aggressive. Sleep Powder is great and helped. a lot.

Gideon
    lv. 81

Razor Leaf
    Dig
    Iron Tail
    Synthesis

My physical Beast. Highest Physical Attack, Defense and Speed.Great against physical sweepers.

Kpt.Morgan
    lv. 80

Surf
    Zen Headbutt
    Ice Beam
    Rock Climb

Move Fixer. He´s good against Fire and Flying and has a good special defense...oh and he looks funny.

Nights
    lv. 81

Dark Pulse
    Razor Leaf
    Rock Slide
    Extrasensory

Another Attacker. Very valuable against Psychic, Bug and Flying Types. The battle against Bugs is a bit Risky.

That´s It!!!! I am the first Grass Champion. WOOOHOOO!!!!

Well. I´m off to my Holidays. Next Challenge in two weeks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back