• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Monster Art Online [remake] (IC)

jhajjar

Jongleur
Years
  • Fox (Jason Hussey)
    Route 32 (Pokemon Center)
    Team:
    Spoiler:

Fox had arrived at the Pokemon Center about an hour earlier and was waiting for his Pokemon to be healed. This was the part he hated most about MAO; instead of taking a few seconds to heal Pokemon, MAO made the process more realistic by having to wait a few hours. Normally when he would heal his Pokemon, Fox would log out and come back in about 2 to 3 hours. By that time, his Pokemon would be fully healed. However now that he was stuck in the game without a log out button, He was forced to sit around and wait. There isn't really much to do in the Pokemon Centers, most people would take advantage of the safe zone and just log out.

Fox sat on a couch, alone, as he checked continuously to see if the Log out button had returned by some chance. He tried both the voice activated menu and the hand gesture one, however neither attempts were very fruitful. Though failure didn't stop him from trying again. It was during one of his attempts to access the log out but that he noticed some commotion at one of the bulletin boards. Fox looked over and saw the 3 players standing in front of the board, each looking more excited than the next, shouting something to do with Lance and a mission.

Fox didn't really care much for going on a mission, as he has his own problem to deal with. However, boredom and curiosity got the better of him so he stood up from his seat and walked over to the bulletin board once the other Players had left.

ACTION AGAINST ROGUE ATTACKS

The ROGUE activity in Johto has escalated over the past weeks. Nighttime has become dangerous. On top of that, there seems to be an unknown issue with some PLAYERS not respawning where they should after having whited out. The ROGUE problem makes this issue more difficult to track down. We have to take action.

If you are capable and in need of extra experience and money, message CHAMPION LANCE as soon as you can. We will rendezvous tonight at a location you will be notified of in my reply. We must send a message to these bad egg PLAYERS so that we can help the PLAYERS with the respawn issue before they get hit next.

Reward will be more than adequate.

~ LANCE

Hmm a respawn problem… could it be that these players are in fact other chosen ones? It says that they did not respawn where they should. Meaning it is possible that they respawned in different places, which means this could just be another glitch. Or could it be that if a chosen one did white out that they would just respawn in the wrong place…

No.

Lance wants to take action. If it were just a simple problem with the respawn location then they wouldn't have to actually set out to try and protect these people. He doesn't want players to panic about possibly being stuck or dying in the game. Unless of course he is doesn't know what he is dealing with yet, though I highly doubt it.

Wait a minute… Wow, this must mean that other chosen players have already lost. This is perfect! I did't have to do anything at all! I can just sit back and have the entire competition taken out by these Rogue players.

Of course, I do have the little problem of Lance. If he stops these Rogue players then my chances of getting out of here are a lot slimmer. I need to stop him! If I contact him offering my help, there is no doubt that he'd accept. I can get more information about what is going on with this Log out situation while I am at it. I can also probably expect to encounter a couple Chosen players as well.

Fox smirks, satisfied by coming to the conclusion that contacting Lance can do nothing but good from him. He swiped his hand to the air to access the menu and then send a message.

To: CHAMPION LANCE
    Hello Lance,
    After reading the notice you had left in the Route 32 Pokemon Center, I found myself being rather concerned about the situation. It seems to me that the high amount of Rogue activity in the region is quite the serious issue. So I would like to offer you my assistance as I'll gladly help in anyway possible.
    -Fox.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2020
    Peria (Dahlia Reynolds)
    violet city

PARTY
    Ani152MS.png
    Ani161MS.png

css by Nebula

Peria decided, first things first, to just regroup at the Pokemon Center. Who knows, someone could ambush her on the streets. Thankfully it was rather close by. When she arrived, there was a big commotion. a variety of players were there, most sitting on a chair or on the floor, looking intent as they typed a message. A few were murmuring amongst each other, staring at what Peria could barely make out as a sort of notice board. Curious, she, as peacefully as she could, pushed her way through the crowd, hearing different conversations as she did. "Champion Lance?" "Rogue activity?" 'What does rendezvous mean?" But one thing stood out in her brain, echoing over and over and she carefully read the notice. "Players not respawning ... after having whited out."

There couldn't be that many of them like her... right? Peria had felt when she received the message, beneath the downright terror, a strange sense of pride. She had, for one reason or another, been chosen for this fate. She had felt unique, special. She had assumed there would be maybe ten, twenty people who had received the same message, scattered about the regions, unlikely to encounter one another. But given this notice, it seemed like there might be hundreds of them trying to fight this sentence. Although she was happy that maybe she could team up with another, any joy she had received from the message had been sapped from her.

But another stood out against Peria's mind in clarity, her deepest fear so far. Rogue players. Normally, according to her friends who oft cursed them out over lunch, they were little more than an annoyance. Now, they were murderers. By uniting with other chosen players, though, maybe they could fight off this invasion. Nodding, she messaged Lance at once, all the while trying to ignore the uncertainty bubbling up inside her, that maybe maybe those Rogue players were chosen players as well, the message did say everyone else out was a way to win, this could be dangerous you're not that strong stop stop stop!

Peria just brushed it off as her overactive, second-guessing imagination. She was smart; she would trust her gut instinct. After all, who else could she trust?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    @ Fox & Peria : Johto

Within 15 minutes, you get a reply back. Here is what it says:

Message from: Champion Lance
    "thank you for your response! meet me at Azalea Town's pokémon center at midnight. bring your strongest pokémon and preferably some helpful items too. we want to be prepared. I will be wearing a dark gray mantle, you probably can't miss me. again, thank you."

Since it's afternoon or evening now, you should probably make your way to Azalea as quickly as you can. Because you don't want to be stuck in Union Cave when night falls, right?

Marcello : Dewford Island, Hoenn

A deafening roar was heard as the ground shook and threw Aurora aside. The light from her pokémon faded and Marcello could hear her wimper from getting hurt somehow. But he hardly registered, as he was rather busy avoiding falling rocks himself.

Scuttling from stone to stone on the dark cavern floor, his brain slowly caught up to the virtual reality and realized that there was an earthquake going on. "COMO!" he shouted and made the pokémon run to his side, as if it could see in the darkness.

"Aurora?" he said when the loud noises paused for a moment, but the girl didn't reply. Worry took over. She had wanted to help him, so he should now-

A boulder fell down next to him, only missing because Como pushed its trainer aside in the nick of time. No time to stand around. He had to get out of here, any way possible. The Combusken blew out a flame to light up, and they found a tunnel going somewhere. Where exactly didn't really matter now. They ran and ran, jumping over Aron and Geodude in the process. Como had to Double Kick some of them to stop them from attacking them first.

Finally, there was some light at the end of the tunnel. Both trainer and pokémon, and a couple of wild Aron who had followed them, bursted out and fell flat in the sand, panting. Well, at least Marcello did that last part. Como had a little more dignity and remained standing.

"Casa..." Marcello said, turning around in the sand to face the little mountain. His Castform was still in there. Or at least it wasn't here with him. How could that be possible in this controlled game? He couldn't just "lose" a pokémon, could he?

...! : Dewford Island, Hoenn

A tiny, gray, floating orb rushed out from a crack in the ceiling of a cave. It breathed in virtual relief. What an earthquake! She supposed she was lucky she didn't have legs and stood on the ground to feel it. But she felt like she was missing something, something crucial...

Oh, right! She belonged to a trainer! Where had Marcello gone? After she had won the battle against Makuhita, Marcello hadn't been there to praise her or return her to her pokéball. She had been alone in the dark. Not a problem if you can breathe embers, but still. Odd. Wrong.

Now she was out in the afternoon sunlight, but still alone. Or wait, there was someone standing there, at the edge of the forest. Marcello?

As she closed in on the trainer, she realized more and more that it probably wasn't Marcello. Not at all, actually. His clothing was similar in a way, though. Except for the purple mantle and the distinct lack of glasses on his face. And his hair had no purple in it, instead it was gray, almost white. His stare was unforgiving and he didn't smile.

"A pokémon... Belonging to a chosen trainer," he said when the Castform flew up close to him, mostly because she wasn't sure what else to do. She trusted humans.

The man shifted his gaze back to the mountain holding the Granite Cave underneath it, squinting slightly. "They are still alive, then. I guess we'll have to make this even more dramatic, after all."

He then looked back to the little pokémon and patted her carefully on the head. "Hello," he said. "My name is Steven, and I promise you will meet your trainer again. Eventually."

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    005.png
    030.png
    164.png
    019.png
    PEPPERTON / / level: 92

«Philippa Watson»

[h1][/h1]"Nidorina, Double Kick!"

"Raticate! Quick Attack!"

The two Pokémon charged at the same time, Raticate with the upper edge in speed. It collided with Nidorina, causing her to cry out but not before she poked it with one of her Poisonous Spines. While the Raticate was close, she landed one, two kicks on its stomach. It cried out and jumped back, limping back to its trainer.

"Super effective and Poison Point. Good job, girl." Pepperton gave a smile to his partner. The opposing trainer didn't give up so quickly though.

"Raticate! Hyper Fang!" The Raticate dashed again, and Pepperton repeated the last attack, Nidorina dashing right back at Raticate. Nidorina was first this time, kicking Raticate once in the chin and once in the stomach. It took its chance for a bite, grabbing Nidorina on the leg and biting down hard. She let out a shriek again, pulling back and swiping the Raticate on the face, instinctively using Fury Swipes. The Raticate whined again, limping back to its trainer before it finally fainted. The poison must have been too much for it.

"Nice job, girl." He smirked at the trainer, giving Nidorina a pat on the head. She chirped and panted, obviously tired. Pepperton would keep her in though. For now, anyway. If it was a serious type disadvantage, she would definitely swap out.

"You've bested my Raticate, but how do you think you'll go against my Pidgeotto? Go!" The girl pulled a PokéBall off her belt and threw it forward, releasing the Flying Pokémon, Pidgeotto. It shrieked loudly, immediately ready to attack. "Sand Attack!"

"Poison Sting!"

The Pidgeotto blew sand into Nidorina's face, temporarily blinding it. When Nidorina spat a poisonous spine, it completely missed. Pepperton swore under his breathe. If this kept up, Nidorina would be out of action and unable to attack. Maybe this would luck would be on his side?

"Nidorina! Fury Swipes!" Nidorina jumped at Pidgeotto, swiping viciously into the air. The first swipe hit but the sand irritated, Nidorina missing the second and third but landing the fourth. She landed back on the ground, only for her trainer to order a Gust, followed by a Quick Attack to take Nidorina out. Pepperton scowled, returning his precious Pokémon. He grabbed the next one off his belt. If she wanted to play with feathers, he'd play with feathers.

"Noctowl! Go! Hypnosis, right off the bat!" Noctowl came busting forward, staring straight at the Pidgeotto with waves of Psychic energy emitting from them. The Pidgeotto suddenly became droopy and fell to the ground, fast asleep. Its trainer tried to wake it with no avail, giving Noctowl another chance to attack. Launching another wave of Psychic energy. This time, a Confusion, hurting the Pidgeotto mentally. It cringed in its sleep, but refused to wake. Noctowl took it upon itself to attack again, using Tackle then Peck on the Pidgeotto. It finally awoke, only to use a Quick Attack on Noctowl becfore it was defeated by a Confusion.

The girl returned her Pidgeotto, looking a little more flustered and upset than the last defeat. Pepperton too, returned Noctowl and grabbed her last usable (other than Rattata, but who would want to use him?) Pokémon, regardless of the trainer's last Pokémon.

"Try this one out for size! Go!" She threw another PokéBall, this one releasing a Kadabra. Pepperton grinned. There was no way he was losing. Why hadn't she brought out Kadabra against Nidorina? The type advantage would have had Pepperton at a loss! The AI in this trainer obviously wasn't the smartest and Pepperton was a little disappointed. He had wanted a more challenging battle but what they hey, he wanted the gold.

"Go! Charmeleon!" The red, fire lizard burst forth, growling angrily. "Fire Fang!"

"Teleport out of the way!" Charmeleon charged forward, but like its trainer commanded, the Kadabra disappeared out of sight, reappearing a few feet back. It seemed some abilities had alternative ways to use them. Pepperton kept this in mind for his next battle. "Confusion!"

Charmeleon started to cringe, its claws going to its brain. Luckily, the attack didn't actually confuse, otherwise that would have been a disaster. It was time for Pepperton to play a little more tactically.

"Smokescreen!" Charmeleon blew dark smoke from its mouth, blinding everyone in the area. Although Pepperton couldn't see, he knew the Kadabra would not be able to as well.

"Psybeam!" Pepperton saw a beam of light pierce the smoke veil, obviously missing its target. Smoke and ash were a Charmeleon's playground, so the Smokescreen didn't bother him a bit. Infact, Pepperton wouldn't doubt if he could see through it, or at least be able to smell anything that wasn't smoke to track down anyone inside it.

"Fire Fang, buddy!" There was a flash of red and the smoke was dispelled by a gust of wind. When Pepperton could see properly again, Charmeleon was back by his side with a hurt Kadabra by its own trainer's.

"Don't give up now! Use Disable!" The Kadabra gripped its temple, sending out a Psychic wave at Charmeleon. The lizard gripped his own head, looking slightly confused. Dammit, he would have to rely on his other abilities. Not that they wouldn't do damage, just not as much.

"Scary Face!" Charmeleon roared at the Alakazam, it (somehow) causing it to slow down. As it prepared for the next attack, Pepperton managed to fit in another one. "Now, Ember!"

"Teleport to dodge!"

Charmeleon let forward a ball of fire hurtling at Alakazam. It concentrated, body disappearing into nothing but the Ember was now too fast and it too slow, burning the Kadabra just before it completely disappeared. It reappeared as it did before, blown back by the impact and landing on the ground. It twitched in pain as it got back to its feet and Pepperton quietly cheered. A burn! This match was close to over!

"Burn Heal!" The trainer pulled an item from her bag, spraying the Kadabra until its burns were gone. Pepperton swore. Oh well, he still was going to win.

"Buddy, use Dragon Rage!" Charmeleon nodded, opening its mouth to let out a loud roar. He charged forward, claws and eyes glowing and slashed at the Kadabra, sending it flying yet again. Still slowed, Charmeleon managed to fit in one final attack to finish it. "Ember!"

He sent forth another ball of fire, this one knocking Kadabra just as it got to its feet. It didn't rise this time, defeated. The trainer though, had one last Pokémon. She returned her Kadabra with disdain, throwing the last ball forth. And out came.... !

A Caterpie.

At first, Pepperton was suspicious, but then he realised that one had to have been auto adjusted to Rattata's level. Charmeleon barely had to take a command to just stomp on it, instantly defeating it.

"You've bested me! Here, take this Nugget. You've earned it." The trainer said before the Quest Complete pop-up appeared. Pepperton grinned, inspecting the Nugget. He could sell this for a bit of money, he bet. Gold wasn't exactly the rarest thing to come by. Oh, and his Pokémon had levelled up a bit too! How nice!

Instead of pushing forward, like Pepperton was so prone to do, he started to make his way back. He wasn't sure what trainers were up ahead and had to make sure he could destroy every single one of them.​

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    trainer level 83

The pokémon center in the small town on Dewford felt like a safe haven. A home to step inside. Marcello left his three remaining pokémon to the nurse and sat down, or more or less melded with, a couch near the window walls on one side of the center. For a few minutes, he just sat there and let his brain work. Outside, the sky was turning an afternoon yellow color. Aurora was nowhere to be seen.

He wasn't as shocked and blinded now as right after he had received the anonymous message. And even though he was still composing himself after the earthquake and loss of Aurora and Casa, his calm teacher nerves were working to his advantage now.

Monster Art Online. A game, which had become his life. He had escaped his misfortunate life as a teacher in a world where nobody wanted to listen to him, and entered a magical world where he was rewarded for his efforts in pokédollars and evolutions and stunning battles. Not to mention the nice views the game offered; Hoenn was quite the beautiful place in this modern, so very realistic version.

But he was trapped. No way to log out. What would happen in the real world? Somebody ought to notice that he wasn't coming to work, the kids wouldn't have anyone to start their class tomorrow morning. A colleage would visit his home but probably leave when he didn't open the door. Because Markus, his real self, would be laying peacefully in the bed, wearing the NerveGear which disconnected his brain entirely from his real body and the outside world. Everything he felt was inside the game. Someone could cut off Markus' legs and Marcello wouldn't notice, not until the loss of blood made his brain dim to the point that he eventually fainted... and when brain activity stopped, the NerveGear would turn off automatically. The end.

What a horrible way for his story to go! He couldn't let that happen. He needed to get out of here. Aurora had seemed to want to help him, in return for a message to her family. They could probably take care of her body, make sure to sustain it while she lived on inside the world of MAO. Unless someone would decide to shut the game down once the scandal of this bug reached the media.

Speaking about which... what would happen once the world realized what had happened? Could they log out the chosen players manually somehow, or had whoever sent the message hacked the game and stopped that? Would he even want to take the chance, letting other chosen players know that he was a target? Someone stronger than him could come after him and take him down before he could beat another gym.

Or maybe he could do that instead. Chase other players and take them out, make them white out before him. Last man standing wins.

No, he shook his head. The very thought disgusted him. He could never do that! Aurora... She had been willing to help him because she thought others deserved a real life more than she did. There must be other players with as good hearts as hers. He didn't want to be the worst.

Marcello stood up, having decided his course of action. The sun would set in a few hours. Before that, he would challenge the Dewford gym, and conquer it. He couldn't be as stupid as with the last gym, he couldn't afford whiting out. He would avoid other chosen players, and not let anyone know that he was one. He would breeze through the gym challenge before anyone else in his situation could find him.

A creeping thought tried to come up and bother him, as he walked up to the counter of the pokémon center and received his pokémon back from healing. If he did win, even if that wasn't as believable as he tried to encourage himself to think it was now, that would mean everyone else would be stuck inside the game forever.

But at least they would be alive. Sort of. Marcello exited the pokémon center, his three strongest pokémon on hand and a virtual heart of steel in his chest. Slightly wobbly, shivering steel.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    trainer level 83

Entering the gym was like stepping into a black cellar. It was so dark Marcello could hardly see his feet. Noises of people whispering or walking could be heard somewhere in front of him, maybe behind walls from the sound of it? Was this part of the challenge? Oh wait, he had played pokémon Ruby once upon a time. The second gym had been like this. You had needed the FLASH HM to get safely through the maze here. Which Marcello didn't have. So he'd have to solve this in more practical ways, just like back in the cave.

"Como," he said, sending out his starter pokémon. The Combusken appeared right next to him, or at least Marcello assumed that he did. Before any word was said though, Como blew out embers and held them unscathed in his hands to light the way. It wasn't much, but at least their own feet were visible now. And the first wall in front of them.

Following it closely, Marcello kept listening. The walking noises he had heard before had stopped. Only some whispers and even talking further ahead. Turning a corner, he jumped up a meter into the air from the scare the karate girl gave him.

"Gym challenger!" she said, holding her arms in a fighting pose in front of herself. A lantern stood behind her, lighting up the walls around them enough for a battle to take place without the pokémon running into them all the time.

"Yes, that's me," Marcello said when his heartbeat had slowed down a bit. "Can I pass, or?" He already knew the answer though.

"Not before you beat me, which won't happen!" The NPC clicked a pokéball and sent out her pokémon into the crammed space between them. A Makuhita appeared, which made Marcello think about Casa for a moment...

"Okay then. Como, I choose you!" Marcello said, and stepped back to give his pokémon at least a little space to fight in. He wasn't going to tire his pokémon out in these gym trainer battles though. He had to win here swiftly.

jhajjar

Jongleur
    Years
  • Fox (Jason Hussey)
    Azalea Town
    Team:
    Spoiler:

After the receiving the message from Lance, Fox's plan of action seemed to fairly set. Now after traveling through Union Cave, it was almost midnight. Fox kept moving forward, past Slowpoke Well, on his way to meet with Lance in the Pokemon Center of Azalea Town.

The journey through Union Cave had been a breeze; using Joey's Run Away ability and dodging most of the trainers, he kept battling to a bare minimum. He would have made it to Azalea town earlier if it weren't for a small detour he made when doing a small quest for Frieda, a NPC found on Route 32. She had wanted an item found inside the cave and was willing to reward Fox with a Poison Barb for retrieving it for her. Fox knew he was going to need all the help he could get if he was going to go up against Lance and considering the latest addiction to his team the quest seemed to be a valuable one, despite the waste of some precious time.

As the Pokemon Center now came into view, he could feel his heart beginning to race. This was possibly the most dangerous thing he had ever attempted in his life. His life was now on the line and he was going up against a League Champion having only won one gym badge. On top of that he knew that with the mission being posted on boards in Pokemon Centers, there was bound to be more than one trainer meeting up with Lance tonight. Fox would have to make his move at the precise moment or he could be done for. Of course he wasn't exactly sure what his move was as of yet but for now all he had to do was the usual deceptive act to look innocent.

He took a deep breath, calming himself down, as he approached the Door to the Pokemon Center which automatically slid open for him. He formed a smile with his lips to seem friendlier and entered the Pokemon Center.

Back