• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

More Shovel Knight DLC Is On The Way [Daily Bloggity Entry #316]

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • [css-div="background-color:#800000; border-style: solid; border-color: #000000"]

LkwctWs.jpg

More Shovel Knight DLC Is On The Way
    Date: 01 July 2016
    Time: 4:00 PM ET
    Mood: Hanging in there!

Strike the Earth, again! That's what I would say if Shovel Knight was getting it's first DLC expansion. However, as that title belongs to the Plague Knight expansion called Plague of Shadows, we must say Strike the Earth, again (again!) as there's great news on the way centered around our small blue hero.

As Shovel Knight's publisher Yacht Club Games has been working hard behind the scenes on their stretch goals from their Kickstarter way back when, recently the publisher has given us loyal shovelers a taste of what's to come in the newest expansion centered around Specter Knight, one of eight knights of The Order of No Quarter. Using his scythe, Specter Knight acts as a faster combatant than Shovel Knight or Plague Knight, and focuses primarily on getting in close to his opponents.He compensates for his low jumping with the ability to climb up walls. His health bar has also been renamed "Will" as well as his magic bar being called "Darkness," and while it may be possible that these are just aesthetic differences between the other characters, it is possible that there is still more we could learn about it that has yet to be revealed.

Here are some gifs of the accompanying moveset Specter Knight has been revealed to have:

Dash
    Spoiler:

Dash Slash
    Spoiler:

Wall Climb
    Spoiler:

On top of the Specter Knight expansion, Yacht Club Games is also simultaneously working on an expansion centered around King Knight, as well as modes called "Body Swap" and "Battle Mode." The Specter Knight expansion is set to be released before the King Knight one, and like the Plague of Shadows expansion is will be free on all platforms. Currently, there is no set date for the release of the Specter Knight expansion.

What do you guys think? Are you excited about this new expansion? What would you like to see from it? How do you feel about Yacht Club Games also focusing on a campaign centered around King Knight? Comment below as I'd love to hear and discuss with you what you have to say about this topic!

‡ As always, the "Daily Bloggity" is self written by myself and includes just some of my opinions on different mediums. If you have a subject that you might want me to touch on, feel free to PM me or comment below! I would love to hear some of your ideas! And remember, rate each entry so I can know what you guys like and what to improve on! Tune in tomorrow at 5PM Eastern Time for the next edition of the "Daily Bloggity!" Cheers! ‡

- El Héroe Oscuro

Spoiler:
    [/css-div]​

Back