• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mortal Kombat X

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    Mortal Kombat X

GameSpot said:
    "The game is coming to Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PC. It will be on display next week at E3 2014. Warner Bros. says Mortal Kombat X will deliver a "cinematic" presentation combined with "all-new gameplay" to offer up the "most brutal Kombat experience ever." It's also going to have a significant online component. Warner Bros. says it will deliver a "fully connected experience" where players are launched into a "persistent online contest where every fighter matters in a global battle for supremacy."

For the first time in Mortal Kombat history, you'll be able to choose from multiple character variations, Warner Bros. says. This can impact your characters' strategy and fighting style, the studio says. There's also an "original story" included that will showcase characters like Scorpion and Sub-Zero, while also introducing new challengers that "represent the forces of good and evil."
    With the release of it's announcement trailer today, for the first time since 2011's remake of Mortal Kombat NetherRealm Studios will be releasing another entry into the Mortal Kombat series entitled Mortal Kombat X, being the first game in the series released on the next generation systems. The game will be combining "unparralled, cinematic presentation with dynamic gameplay to create an unprecedented Kombat experience," and will also feature an original track called "Can't Be Stopped" by Wiz Khalifa, which is the song featured in the announcement trailer. The game is slated for release sometime in 2015.

What are your thoughts on the new entry into the Mortal Kombat series? Think you might end up buying this game? What would you like to see come out of this next gen game? Which Mortal Kombat game is your favorite? Who are your favorite characters to play as in Mortal Kombat? Do you have a favorite finishing move to you?

Feel free to discuss Mortal Combat X and the Mortal Combat series in general here!

Last edited:

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
    I don't know if I will buy this Mortal Kombat game. This is because I have not beaten Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition yet. As for favorite characters, why don't you "Get Over Here!" and find out? Yes, my favorite character is Scorpion. As for favorite finishing moves, I don't think I have a favorite.

Yukari

Funny. This morning I was thinking: "I wonder when the next Mortal Kombat game will be announced?" :P But I don't think I'll be getting this game; My mom doesn't let me get Mature games, so yeah.

But I have played some Mortal Kombat games, mostly the originals. My favorite is Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, and My favorite character is Sub-Zero. My favorite Fatality is Spin Rip, just because of the controversy it caused and not because of the move itself, or the fact that it is Sub-Zeros fatality.

Years
    I'm a fan of te Mortal Kombat series, my last played was the last one for ps3 and I liked it very much. I don't know if I'll buy this one, but I'm sure they'll do a great work!
    Anyway, why does SubZero always get kicked off by Scorpion in the various trailers? It's not fair lol

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    What kind of Mortal Kombat game would it be without fatalities? A video was just released showing off many of the finishing moves of the new game in the series, and here it is!

Quick note: it's a little gruesome, so I'd be wary if you get squeamish a little easily by blood.

Yukari

I have to say; Mortal Kombat X is looking good 'n gory so far.

That is, if you consider "Gory" a "Good" thing.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Eh I dunno really, I'm really puzzled with the devs saying that the X doesnt symbolise what we think it means i.e. ten and the story is going to be placed in an odd area chronologically. In all honesty I'm not going to pay for this if it's 60 or something dollars when I can get Ultra Street Fighter 4 for only 25 dollars (I dunno why its that much but yeah) even though Fei Long got debuffed so hard.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2015
    I know this game takes place 25 years after 9, but I hope there's follow up as to what happened after the end of 9's story. I also hope that Sub-Zero and Scorpion aren't the only familiar characters.

Yukari

I know this game takes place 25 years after 9, but I hope there's follow up as to what happened after the end of 9's story. I also hope that Sub-Zero and Scorpion aren't the only familiar characters.
    Well it'd be flat out blastphamy if Sub-Zero and Scorpion weren't in it. But I just about guarantee you that Raiden will be in it too as he's been in every Mortal Kombat to date if I remember correctly. With the new technology available I bet it'll also have the largest roster.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2015
    Raiden wasn't in 3 or UMK3. Except for a splash at the beginning stating that he could not be a part of the tournament.

A lot of the substitutions or subtractions from the Arcade days had to do with popularity, odd man out or behind-the-scenes stuff that basically shelved the character or caused an actor change (Cage getting removed from MK2 to MK3).

I definitely agree about Sub-Zero and Scorpion. Those are the marquee players in the franchise. But I don't want them to be the only ones back.

Last edited:

Heir

/EYES SUSPICIOUSLY
    Years
    I just got "Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition" thanks to the summer sales, and before I had only played the first game. I didn't have very fond memories of it, because I played against someones who spammed the raiden dash and the monkey kick. I usually play as Sub-Zero, because I know some of his combos. All around it is a very good game though!

Back