• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Most annoying phone call

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    My favorite/worst call is from Joey. He always talks about his "awesome" RATTATA, when it's a RATICATE.
    That's like Lyra calling about how her Marill evolved into an Azumarill, but clearly it's still a Marill. Though, there are a few back stories to why she still has a Marill following her. As for Joey, he's a lost case.

My most annoying call now though would be my Mom. She's always calling, and sometimes she just calls like three times within five minutes. Everyone else is pretty much miscellaneous every now and then, but she's always calling about the same thing (which lately has been berries). Thankfully it can be ignored, but it's still annoying having her call all the time.

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    I can't stand Joey and his top tier rattata that never makes it past level 2!

Its so stupid!

Slowpoke Nopoke

-formerly YanmegaLv55
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2010
    Oh, hiya!
    It's me!
    I love my Venonat!
    Bye!
    Click .... ....

muderfudge......
    He calls me and says that to me like 24/7 :/

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    I was annoyed when Lyra called. I thought it'd be one of her usual interesting facts so i picked it up and she says her Marill has evolved. I go out of my way to New Bark Town, and guess what? No Azumarill!

Also, I get called every 30 minutes or so by a fishermen who keeps telling me about this son of his who makes him feel depressed cos hes a better trainer.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2011
    Absolutely Mom. I don't pick up her calls anymore, because really, by now I already know that she saw something useful in the Department Store and bought it with my money. Most of the times it's something useless, too. Berries overload O_o

Don't hate on Youngster Joey, though D: Noobish and stalker-ish he might be, he's a Youngster, so that makes up for all the "My Rattata is awesome"-calls. Even though his timing is generally terrible. (Right before taking on the final Rocket Boss, seconds after capturing Lugia. He's like: "I failed to catch a Pidgey!" and I'm like, "Oh, I just captured Lugia. But no big deal."

UnderwoodLynch

Procrastinator
    Years
    I believe this is the only thread on the Internet where "your mother" is actually a valid response.

Lyra has actually called me twice to tell me her Marill has evolved...there's something wrong with this picture.

kakarot

Metal Coat is my friend!
    Years
    Brent just called me, apparently Bill's younger sister can't blink.

Poor girl.

Sorry if this has already been quoted, I really didn't want to read 5 pages of dumb phone calls.

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2012
    joey could quite possibly be the most annoying video game character in history, He called me seven times within two minutes to tell me his rattata is cooler than other rattatas.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    That's why I rejected any numbers.
    I only have the important ones like the ball maker, the gyms and annoying Lyra and mum (Though I never had a call from my mum cos' I don't trust her with my money and I'm sure glad!).
    I always ignore Lyra :P

King of Boos

I have issues.
    Years
    I ought to clean up my phonebook. They call like every other battle I have. Got nothin to say. It should have been able to hang up on them in the middle of there call.

RedWar

Learning...
    Years
    Wish you could delete contacts. If I had to care about that guys rat being in the top % one more time i will scream!

Fluffy Clouds

Is not really active.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 20, 2017
    Probably every call that says "OH MAN I FOUND THIS POKEMON BUT IT FRIGGIN' RAN AWAY FROM ME," and the trivia stuff, too.

If you're gonna call me, let it be a rematch and not some sob story!

Massai

Lesson The First
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2011
    Hello! I just wanted to share with you a wonderful story since you happened to be foolish enough to answer your phone even though it is equipped with Caller ID! I was traveling through some tall grass with my Rattata, which is in the top percentages of Rattata don't you know, when suddenly a WILD METAPOD appeared! We fought that cocoon pokemon valiantly, but in the end his tough exterior proved to be to much and and while looking away at a Beauty with a smoking hot female Rattata, who happens to not be in the top percentage of Rattata like my Rattata, it somehow managed to get away. So we continued on feeling dejected having lost out on a chance to score such a prime rare pokemon like that WILD METAPOD when I decided to start fishing with my friend and his son. I didn't have much luck, but I think it's because all I had for bait was a Bidoof who kept squirming off the line and trying to swim away. My friend on the other hand almost caught a WILD MAGIKARP, but it got away. He was feeling even worse than me, because honestly, who loses a WILD MAGIKARP!?! It was okay though because his son gave him a pokeball and then told me that if a pokemon uses DEFENSE CURL then the attack power of ROLLOUT will increase. The things kids know these days eh? Anyways. . .wait? Oh, wrong number. . .

Natester

Mostly a lurker
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Iowa
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    Well, just got my first call from Joey on my soul silver version (I just started to play it today even though I got it on the release date). Looks like he's going to be the main person who's going to call me. At least he didn't brag about his rattata but rather he bragged about taking down a wild rattata. XD

Back