• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Most Annoying Pokemon move used against you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I get really frustrated when my pokemon keep getting put to sleep and missing when it's they wake up. The other day it took me 11 turns to kill a skitty because it knew sing >_> lol. And it always seems noobish low level pokemon that use poison sting always poison my pokemon when I train lower levels and can't be bothered going back to the pokemon center.

ectoskeletal

Alive in the Superunknown
    Years
    While Protect is extremely annoying, I find myself most annoyed at Sand Attack, and pretty much any other move that lowers your accuracy.

Heiheipig

- This is Madness? -
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    Any sort of hax. Whether it's confusion screwing me up four times in a row, or stun spore hitting every one of my team when I try to switch out.

Tsuki~

Slightly Insane >:3
    Years
    Attract. I was playing my Emerald Version once while going against the Fire Gym leader, and she had her Torkoal use it on my Marshtomp. It thusly got owned. I had to use my Torkoal then, and that took forever...Man that pissed me off.

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Attract
    Thunderwave
    Yawn
    toxic
    That attack that sends boulders in the air.

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    Bleh

Encore I believe was what it was called... I didn't like it x...x

And also moves like, Double Slap and Rollout.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    Hmm the most annoying move would have to be rollout because it is a move that is repeated and it gets stronger after every turn.

Zero Avenged

Be greater.
    Years
    ahhg it's different for each of my pokemon...they are all "special"
    My Altaria gets hit with hypnosis and never wakes up.....
    My abmipom gets hit with sand attack......it like blind after wards T_T
    and on top of it all my Flygon gets hit with confusion and hit's it's self to death...the poor thing need rehab -_-

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I cannot stand it when an enemy uses a status-inducing move, I heal my pokemon, and the next turn it is status'd again. Status moves are only cool when I'm using them. XD;

Years
    'Kay, these, I thought were really annoying and fruastrating

Self Healing moves like Recover, everytime Misty's Stramie used that, I'm fighting the urge strangle her. xD

Yep, self protecting moves like Detect or Protect, gawd, especially when it's used on a really powerful, finishing up move.

Attack/Defend up moves..like, Dragon Dance and Bulk Up. Does not work out in a long lasting battle! I was battling against Brawly, whose Makuhita kept using Bulk Up, one hit, BAM, my poor Grovyle! And Winona's Alataria kept using Dragon Dance, same thing! No matter how strong or effective my Manetric's attack was, Altaraia's defense was better! And then, BAM! One hit KO, my poor Manetric! D<

Envassiness/Accurracy moves, Agility, Sand-Attack, Double Team, Yep, DOES NOT work in a long battle, you'll just keep missing and missing and missing, and unless it's really effective, you'll need to try again and again and again after one attack finally hits.

DarkAkatsuki

Into the night~
    Years
    • Age 29
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 3, 2010
    For me, The most annoying attacks are double team, Recover, and substitute. These attacks make the opponent's pokemon drag on in fighting...

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Protect is probably the most annoying move in the entire game in my opinion. I do not really mind Confuse Ray or Swagger because I usually get lucky and get through them, but lately Protect has been my enemy altogether.

Bigboy

15 degrees off cool
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2012
    Splash.

Did nothing but waste my time! I couldn't get over it!! It just kept going and going....

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2009
    Supersonic/Confuse Ray/Hypnosis + Dream eater/Anything else that puts you to sleep or confuses you

Years
    -Double Team. Switching out your Pokemon won't do you any good in raising the accuracy of your hits (like it would with moves such as Sand-Attack and Smokescreen, that affect your Pokemon's accuracy rather than the foe's evasiveness). After five or six of these get racked up, you'll be wishing you had a perfect accuracy move at your disposal…
    -Confuse Ray. I. Hate. Confusion.
    -Attract. My Weepinbell was once attracted by a Miltank, and failed to land a good 80% of its attacks. 50/50 chance... right...
    -Moves that cause poisoning. I don't care if Poison Sting has a 20/30% success rate of poisoning... used against one of my Pokemon, it may as well have a 90% success rate. XD

Protect doesn't really infuriate me as much as get on my nerves for wasting turns. Listen, Pelipper, you know you're going to get owned with Thunderbolt next turn – stop delaying it. Of course, there are some situations where it can really annoy me – mixed with Double Team/Sand Attack and a poisoning move, for example…

I also can't stand Swagger. I love it when Swagger backfires, though. I once had an opponent use Swagger on one of my Pokemon, and it just happened to be holding the proper berry to heal confusion. The opponent was regretting that move, that's for sure.

月面兎兵器ミーナ

Lunar Rabbit Weapon Mina
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Feb 10, 2009
    Smeargles sketch annoys me, because most of the time I throw a pokeball at it and it doesn't work, so it can't sketch, and just struggles itself to death while I'm trying to catch it, it KO's itself. D:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back